Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYCSL NPL Team League?

Hey all, newer to this alphabet soup of clubs and teams. My son's team is now in NYCSL NPL division of what I was told Team vs Team as opposed to Club vs Club..

What is the difference and the deal? I was told this was "great" and most of the games local as opposed to some other leagues where we could be driving all over the NE.

Opinions?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey all, newer to this alphabet soup of clubs and teams. My son's team is now in NYCSL NPL division of what I was told Team vs Team as opposed to Club vs Club..

What is the difference and the deal? I was told this was "great" and most of the games local as opposed to some other leagues where we could be driving all over the NE.

Opinions?
    NPL used to be a league where clubs had to field a team at every age group and where they couldnt be relegated. The point was to concentrate on quality of development and not worry too much about Ws and Ls. On the boys side NPL was a pretty decent 2nd league but clearly behind DA. Unfortunately, other leagues like EDP came along and offered better competition for specific age groups and teams wanted to play there instead to face the best competition, so NPL has suffered.

I think this is an effort to have a strong league that teams can qualify for that does not depend on their club being able to field a team at every age group.

Comment

NPL used to be a league where clubs had to field a team at every age group and where they couldnt be relegated. The point was to concentrate on quality of development and not worry too much about Ws and Ls. On the boys side NPL was a pretty decent 2nd league but clearly behind DA. Unfortunately, other leagues like EDP came along and offered better competition for specific age groups and teams wanted to play there instead to face the best competition, so NPL has suffered.

I think this is an effort to have a strong league that teams can qualify for that does not depend on their club being able to field a team at every age group.
      So DA would be the tops if you kids team was at that level?
      Is EDP a stronger place for play? What is the travel like with EDP?

Some questions for anyone
      thanks

Comment

So DA would be the tops if you kids team was at that level?
        Is EDP a stronger place for play? What is the travel like with EDP?

Some questions for anyone
        thanks
        BDA is clear #1 league. EDP & NPL would be competing for that 2nd tier league status. Boys ECNL is struggling to get off the ground so it should become the #2 eventually but that may take a while. BY then, who knows maybe it will all be changed and new leagues take over.

Comment

NYCSL NPL Team League?

Opinions?
          re packaging and re branding of same Long Island BS. They did away with the Metro League I think starting at boys 2005. Metro was pretty much competitive with NPL of the prior seasons so they now split "Team Based" and "Club Based". They are all pretty much the same teams as last year between NPL and Metro.

Comment

NYCSL NPL Team League?

BDA is clear #1 league. EDP & NPL would be competing for that 2nd tier league status. Boys ECNL is struggling to get off the ground so it should become the #2 eventually but that may take a while. BY then, who knows maybe it will all be changed and new leagues take over.
            BDA is a joke and a failed concept Cosmos Daddy...you play in your little DA bubble and no standings are kept....Top Division EDP all teams are nationally Ranked teams (fyi, the list does not include DA teams).

FYI, after 12 years the mens senior national team does not have 1 DA kid!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Opinions?
              Effectively they just renamed NYPL D1 to be NPL Team vs Team.

Comment

Some clubs place their top teams in NPL and some in EDP. Played in both and believe the quality is the same. Biggest difference is traveling -> NPL has 1 Team in Albany and 1 in CT - but rest are on Long Island or just update. EDP - you are playing predominantly in NJ or PA - every weekend.

Comment

Opinions?
                  Club v club is a place for the walmart clubs to play each other. Quality of individual teams is not important as long as each large club can put in one or two teams per age group/gender to keep the money flowing into their respective league. Team v team means the best teams (not clubs, not large clubs) compete to earn spots in top divisions year after year .... after a year or two, the top brackets are very competitive. Some good club v club teams no doubt because of some club's sizes and reputations, but also usually some that just dont deserve to be where they are (about half the division). With Pro/Rel of individual teams, teams that do not show up week in and week out get relegated and replaced by up and comers. Love EDP 1st division where teams have to earn their spots every season.

Comment

BDA is a joke and a failed concept Cosmos Daddy...you play in your little DA bubble and no standings are kept....Top Division EDP all teams are nationally Ranked teams (fyi, the list does not include DA teams).

FYI, after 12 years the mens senior national team does not have 1 DA kid!!!!!!!!!!
                    My kid doesnt even play BDA! I do realize overall it is the top league, though. There's teams in EDP/NPL that could compete but arent allowed in bc of al the rules for applying but please let's not deny that overall, BDA is the strongest league.

SOrry you are upset that your Barca team isnt allowed in yet.

Comment

NYCSL NPL Team League?

My kid doesnt even play BDA! I do realize overall it is the top league, though. There's teams in EDP/NPL that could compete but arent allowed in bc of al the rules for applying but please let's not deny that overall, BDA is the strongest league.

SOrry you are upset that your Barca team isnt allowed in yet.
                      how is BDA top when history is showing that the top us national team players are coming from non-da teams? after 12 years you would think that the senior mens team would be full of former da players???....but not 1 right now!!!!!!!...does anyone know why?

I will provide answer in 5-10 min. if yall dont know.

Comment

Some of those BDA kids are in Europe now.

Ultimately no league will produce hundreds of amazing players. The league was created for the academies to have a place to play, not just to populate the national team. The NT has had a 10 year identity crisis anyway. But BDA does get kids into college and some into USL or MLS and that is what is important for now.

Comment

NYCSL NPL Team League?

Some of those BDA kids are in Europe now.

Ultimately no league will produce hundreds of amazing players. The league was created for the academies to have a place to play, not just to populate the national team. The NT has had a 10 year identity crisis anyway. But BDA does get kids into college and some into USL or MLS and that is what is important for now.
                          and non da clubs/teams do not get kids into college and/or USL and/or MLS? and or go to competitions and/or training overseas? ....if you are under the impression non-da teams/clubs don't....you are misinformed.

Comment

NYCSL NPL Team League?

how is BDA top when history is showing that the top us national team players are coming from non-da teams? after 12 years you would think that the senior mens team would be full of former da players???....but not 1 right now!!!!!!!...does anyone know why?

I will provide answer in 5-10 min. if yall dont know.
                            here the answer.....after 12 years, DA kids are just not good enough to be on the senior mens national team...."proof is in the pudding" as the English say.

Comment

Lots of inaccuracies and clearly biased opinions here. BDA clearly best and has dozens of kids at pro level and top division 1 -- more from the MLS DA but plenty from non MLS DA. I think at this point ECNL is clear #2. EDP and NPL are next and certainly in areas where no close DA teams, can have comparable quality. I prefer EDP to NPL but think they are viewed similarly. It may all change if and when DA tiering (just added for U18/19) is expanded to younger groups.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X