Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After this year my club is leaving US Club soccer

For three years running trying to get coaches registered has been a nightmare. This year with the new and massively buggy registration system it is worse than ever. We are three weeks away from the season and I have zero coaches that have gotten all of their certifications done and I can't get a straight answer out of anyone at US Club or Sportsengine on how to finish them.

USYSA has handled this a thousand times better than US Club. With EDP now being a viable option and the ENY State Cup improving, we will not return to participate in any US Club programs after this year.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For three years running trying to get coaches registered has been a nightmare. This year with the new and massively buggy registration system it is worse than ever. We are three weeks away from the season and I have zero coaches that have gotten all of their certifications done and I can't get a straight answer out of anyone at US Club or Sportsengine on how to finish them.

USYSA has handled this a thousand times better than US Club. With EDP now being a viable option and the ENY State Cup improving, we will not return to participate in any US Club programs after this year.
    It's a ****ing disaster!!!!

Comment

It's a ****ing disaster!!!!
      Hint, your coaches have to click on the "try the new experience" button in the sportsengine site to bring up the system in a way that actually matches all the instructions on how to do all the various background screenings.

Why it doesn't default to the "experience" that actually, uh, you know, works, instead of bringing up a useless frontend is beyond me.

Comment

It doesn't help that USYSA and US Club have different requirements. Parent coaches that deal with teams in both leagues have to do a lot for what is volunteer work.

Comment

Agreed, we gave up on US Club a while ago. USYS much easier and not much of a reason do be dual carded anymore.

Comment

Agreed, we gave up on US Club a while ago. USYS much easier and not much of a reason do be dual carded anymore.

What is the difference in leagues between USYS and US Club? Is one LIJSL and the other NYCSL?

Comment

What is the difference in leagues between USYS and US Club? Is one LIJSL and the other NYCSL?
              USYSA = National League, National League Conferences, EDP Leagues, LISJL (or your local equivalent if you aren't on Long Island) and ENY State Cup.

US Club = ENPL, NPL, ECNL, NYCSL (and it's variations of Metro, NYPL and Championship) and NY Cup.

The main practical difference between them is that USYSA is a structured top to bottom cohesive progression of leagues where US Club is kind of the wild west of overlapping and competing leagues that largely let any one-off team enter their competitions.

Comment

I'm gonna help you out cause it's Saturday night, and I'm in a good mood. Add your coach to his/her team in SportsEngine. They will automatically receive an email with the required tasks to complete. Couldn't be simpler.

Comment

I'm gonna help you out cause it's Saturday night, and I'm in a good mood. Add your coach to his/her team in SportsEngine. They will automatically receive an email with the required tasks to complete. Couldn't be simpler.
                  1) Registered the coaches. First problems that cropped up is that several of my coaches accounts got mixed with their kids accounts (where they had the same names). The birth dates and pictures were switched around. And even though I corrected the information in their main accounts, it then reverted back to being mixed up again when I put them on rosters. I've been working with support for a week on that and it still isn't corrected.

2) Another coach who doesn't even have a kid in our program ended up with some random kids picture as his as well as a 2006 birth date. I fixed it in his main account, and it showed up correctly in the first team I assigned him as a coach for, but when I assigned him as being an assistant coach for another team it reverted back to that kids picture and birth date. Again, it's been a week and it still isn't corrected.

3) Did not get an e-mail telling them what to complete. We did get an e-mail telling them that a membership was purchased for them. In that e-mail at the end of the first paragraph it does say to click on a link to check their status but it was very subtle and not obvious that they needed to do that.

4) When we did click on that link, after they got logged into the system it was showing the "old experience" where the menu selections did not match any of the on-line help instructions on how to deal with the background screening and other issues. Eventually after not getting any response from tech support on the issue I figured out that we had to click the option to see the "new experience" at which point the on-line help made sense.

5) Now at this point the coaches could do the background screening, safesport and sideline sports checks. However, despite doing them all, the sideline sports is still showing as not being completed. When we click on that certification link to bring us to sideline sports, the sideline sports site confirms that we did the certification, but it is still showing as not being done in sportsengine itself. As above, it's been a week and this still hasn't been corrected.

6) The violation check, which is done automatically by sportsengine, had some coaches clear almost immediately but for some coaches that is still showing as being incomplete after a week.

So at this point all the kids are registered but some are showing up with the parent-coaches birth dates and not a single coach who had expired background screenings are showing up as eligible due to the errors related to the sideline sports certifications not linking to sportsengine and in some cases the violation checks not being cleared up either.

Comment

1) Registered the coaches. First problems that cropped up is that several of my coaches accounts got mixed with their kids accounts (where they had the same names). The birth dates and pictures were switched around. And even though I corrected the information in their main accounts, it then reverted back to being mixed up again when I put them on rosters. I've been working with support for a week on that and it still isn't corrected.

2) Another coach who doesn't even have a kid in our program ended up with some random kids picture as his as well as a 2006 birth date. I fixed it in his main account, and it showed up correctly in the first team I assigned him as a coach for, but when I assigned him as being an assistant coach for another team it reverted back to that kids picture and birth date. Again, it's been a week and it still isn't corrected.

3) Did not get an e-mail telling them what to complete. We did get an e-mail telling them that a membership was purchased for them. In that e-mail at the end of the first paragraph it does say to click on a link to check their status but it was very subtle and not obvious that they needed to do that.

4) When we did click on that link, after they got logged into the system it was showing the "old experience" where the menu selections did not match any of the on-line help instructions on how to deal with the background screening and other issues. Eventually after not getting any response from tech support on the issue I figured out that we had to click the option to see the "new experience" at which point the on-line help made sense.

5) Now at this point the coaches could do the background screening, safesport and sideline sports checks. However, despite doing them all, the sideline sports is still showing as not being completed. When we click on that certification link to bring us to sideline sports, the sideline sports site confirms that we did the certification, but it is still showing as not being done in sportsengine itself. As above, it's been a week and this still hasn't been corrected.

6) The violation check, which is done automatically by sportsengine, had some coaches clear almost immediately but for some coaches that is still showing as being incomplete after a week.

So at this point all the kids are registered but some are showing up with the parent-coaches birth dates and not a single coach who had expired background screenings are showing up as eligible due to the errors related to the sideline sports certifications not linking to sportsengine and in some cases the violation checks not being cleared up either.
                    I agree the SportsEngine system is awful and the support team really lacks an understanding of their own product. I found that by using a fake email address for all our players really helped. As soon as the parents got involved, the players accounts got changed over to their birthdates and I now have U8’s who are listed as 40 years olds. None of our coaches have kids in the program, so that’s not an issue

Comment

I agree the SportsEngine system is awful and the support team really lacks an understanding of their own product. I found that by using a fake email address for all our players really helped. As soon as the parents got involved, the players accounts got changed over to their birthdates and I now have U8’s who are listed as 40 years olds. None of our coaches have kids in the program, so that’s not an issue
                      Oddly enough, shortly after I wrote that rant our coaches started getting the e-mails telling them what they still needed to do with the direct links. That was nice.

Of course it's still telling everyone that they need to do the sideline sports certification even if they already did it, but I guess it's still progress that they are at least getting the e-mails giving them the links to follow as opposed to having to login to their profile in sportengine and trying to figure it out from there.

Comment

USYSA = National League, National League Conferences, EDP Leagues, LISJL (or your local equivalent if you aren't on Long Island) and ENY State Cup.

US Club = ENPL, NPL, ECNL, NYCSL (and it's variations of Metro, NYPL and Championship) and NY Cup.

The main practical difference between them is that USYSA is a structured top to bottom cohesive progression of leagues where US Club is kind of the wild west of overlapping and competing leagues that largely let any one-off team enter their competitions.
                        That's so weird, I view it the complete opposite! I think US Club is structured top to bottom with-
                        ECNL>ECRL/NPL/NEP (regional)>NYCSL/ocal Leagues.
                        To me, USYS feels like the wild West of overlapping competition-National League and Club v Club, National League Conferences Premier Level and Local (lijsl) Championship Level, not to mention ALL of these except club v club let any one-off team enter any competition.
                        I guess it just depends on how you look at it

Comment

That's so weird, I view it the complete opposite! I think US Club is structured top to bottom with-
                          ECNL>ECRL/NPL/NEP (regional)>NYCSL/ocal Leagues.
                          To me, USYS feels like the wild West of overlapping competition-National League and Club v Club, National League Conferences Premier Level and Local (lijsl) Championship Level, not to mention ALL of these except club v club let any one-off team enter any competition.
                          I guess it just depends on how you look at it
                          There are multiple NEP, NPL and ECNL are competing for the same exact teams in the same exact geographic area while all claiming to be the top regional premier league to be in. There is no such overlap on the USYSA end. Even NYCSL overlaps geographic areas with other US Club based travel leagues. Again, there is no such overlap on the USYSA end. And then there is the fact that any coach who can beg, borrow or steal a home field for a few games a season can enter NYCSL where LIJSL requires you to be a real club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X