Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North East Girls Development League (NEGDL)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North East Girls Development League (NEGDL)

What is this new league for U-12/U-13 girls?

Anyone know what its about. I found this website.

https://www.northeastgirlsdevelopmentleague.com

Oakwood

I know that we are in it, Oakwood, and a few others.

Comment

It is sort of a Pre-DA league. It looks like a good league and our club sent a note that travel would be minimized by having just one overnight trip, so MA teams will only have to go to NY once in the fall and vice versa. Where possible supposedly theyre making sure the schedule can mirror the DA, so if Oakwood is playing NEFC for DA, the NEGDL games will be the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        It is sort of a Pre-DA league. It looks like a good league and our club sent a note that travel would be minimized by having just one overnight trip, so MA teams will only have to go to NY once in the fall and vice versa. Where possible supposedly theyre making sure the schedule can mirror the DA, so if Oakwood is playing NEFC for DA, the NEGDL games will be the same day.
        Sounds kind of interesting. Not a huge fan of MORE leagues, but if its only for a year or two until the age goes GDA, then it sounds like a good bridge.

Teams seem far away from each other though.

NJ, NY, CT, MA, RI, NH?

wow

Comment

Teams are strong

Yes, they aren't that close to each other. But all the teams in the league are pretty strong, at least their rankings suggest they are. So I'm sure the competition will be pretty good. God knows the NPL isn't that deep.

Comment

Yes, they aren't that close to each other. But all the teams in the league are pretty strong, at least their rankings suggest they are. So I'm sure the competition will be pretty good. God knows the NPL isn't that deep.
            Morristown to Epping .... for 1 game ... love it!

Comment

Another trash league with trash clubs and trash players. Nothing to look at here.

Comment

Another trash league with trash clubs and trash players. Nothing to look at here.
                Where does your trash player play?

Comment

lets guess - your kid was cut by one of the teams? Work hard and tryout again next year!

Comment

Morristown to Epping .... for 1 game ... love it!
                    That isn’t scheduled.

Comment

Sounds kind of interesting. Not a huge fan of MORE leagues, but if its only for a year or two until the age goes GDA, then it sounds like a good bridge.

Teams seem far away from each other though.

NJ, NY, CT, MA, RI, NH?

wow
                      No different than DA. This is a pre-DA league.

Comment

What is this new league for U-12/U-13 girls?

Anyone know what its about. I found this website.

https://www.northeastgirlsdevelopmentleague.com
                        Boys DA just dropped u12 to avoid this kind of travel. Lets see how long the girls can keep it up.

Comment

Strong teams

Actually, these teams are pretty strong. This could be a powerhouse league of elite talent.

Most of these teams are top 1-2-3-4-5 in their states/region.

Gonna keep tabs on this league, has a lot of promise I think as long as they don't let in mediocrity.

The travel looks a bit harsh, but to play only the better teams that is what is required.

Comment

lets guess - your kid was cut by one of the teams? Work hard and tryout again next year!
                            I don't have a kid. I coach and the only reason I do that is for the mommies!

Comment

Actually, these teams are pretty strong. This could be a powerhouse league of elite talent.

Most of these teams are top 1-2-3-4-5 in their states/region.

Gonna keep tabs on this league, has a lot of promise I think as long as they don't let in mediocrity.

The travel looks a bit harsh, but to play only the better teams that is what is required.
                              Nothing that involves Girls soccer and Oakwood is elite or could ever be labeled as a "powerhouse"

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X