X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Surf Slammers?
    Lol. Perfect. How about the PDA Stars Surf Slammers? You could get 12 grand a kid...3000 for each name on the jersey.

Comment

Apparently money talks, although it didn't talk for Surf when they went after it.
      How is Sachem going to get ECNL when it doesn't have teams in almost all of the ECNL age groups?

Comment

How is Sachem going to get ECNL when it doesn't have teams in almost all of the ECNL age groups?
        They're not. Stop speculating. The plan will be revealed in time

Comment

They're not. Stop speculating. The plan will be revealed in time
          Ah, the secret plan!

Comment

Because the Slammers are the ECNL club of the year and this opens the door to ECNL! But if Sachem and Smithtown aren't sharing players, does that mean they both get separate ECNL slots or would Smithtown field the ECNL teams and Sachem field the ECNL RL teams? Either way, this is awesome news for LI soccer.
            This is correct. As per the EM/Farmingdale merger Farmingdale teams became EM ECNL RL teams.

Comment

You are smoking the good stuff if you think Smithtown or Sachem is going to get ECNL or anything like it. If you think your kid has the goods to play on an ECNL team then go tryout for one of the two clubs that already have it. Thinking that they will dilute the brand in an extremely watered down player pool is foolish.

Comment

Ah, the secret plan!
                To move over the best players and teams to Smithtown from the feeder clubs?

Comment

You are smoking the good stuff if you think Smithtown or Sachem is going to get ECNL or anything like it. If you think your kid has the goods to play on an ECNL team then go tryout for one of the two clubs that already have it. Thinking that they will dilute the brand in an extremely watered down player pool is foolish.
                  GDA did it. It was a disaster. One of the three is already gone and another lost age groups but but who knows...maybe ecnl is a glutton for punishment.

Comment

GDA did it. It was a disaster. One of the three is already gone and another lost age groups but but who knows...maybe ecnl is a glutton for punishment.
                    Nah, they only have it to Susa because PR literally took a dump on ECNL-skirting their "rules", denouncing the league publicly in multiple interviews and fielding teams that were in way over their heads.

Comment

No one has said Smithtown or Sachem is getting ECNL. Stop trying to read between the lines. All you are doing is making up total nonsense. And by the way, I'm a Smithtown parent and I can guarantee Smithtown has never told anyone they are getting ECNL. To be clear neither Smithtown nor Sachem are getting ECNL. Again, if you think either is these clubs are a waste of time, why do you waste time posting about them? There must be something there. Just worry about your own club and stop posting about clubs you know nothing about and are not a part of. And if/when there Smithtown or Sachem has another announcement to make, they will make it. Until then, focus on your own kid.

Comment

Nah, they only have it to Susa because PR literally took a dump on ECNL-skirting their "rules", denouncing the league publicly in multiple interviews and fielding teams that were in way over their heads.
                        This is so true. SUSA never gets ECNL if Paul Riley doesn't do what he did. Let's at least be honest about that. Right place, right time, with plenty of money. SUSA did not get ECNL because they were some great powerful club steeped in some rich history of success.

Comment

No one has said Smithtown or Sachem is getting ECNL. Stop trying to read between the lines. All you are doing is making up total nonsense. And by the way, I'm a Smithtown parent and I can guarantee Smithtown has never told anyone they are getting ECNL. To be clear neither Smithtown nor Sachem are getting ECNL. Again, if you think either is these clubs are a waste of time, why do you waste time posting about them? There must be something there. Just worry about your own club and stop posting about clubs you know nothing about and are not a part of. And if/when there Smithtown or Sachem has another announcement to make, they will make it. Until then, focus on your own kid.
                          I'm from Smithtown and have been told we are getting ECNL. Either you are on a low level team or asleep at the wheel. There are players from other clubs being recruited and being told they are getting ECNL.

Go question TL yourself.

Comment

This is so true. SUSA never gets ECNL if Paul Riley doesn't do what he did. Let's at least be honest about that. Right place, right time, with plenty of money. SUSA did not get ECNL because they were some great powerful club steeped in some rich history of success.
                            There's a little more to it...Susa gobbled up Commack and Dix Hills who both had a team or 2 that were very successful in USYS, when being successful in USYS still meant something. But the real clincher was the acquisition of ISA. They had a handful of teams that were very successful in tourneys like Disney and CASL and State Cups and such, again back when having success in those endeavors still meant something.
                            Plus, RA had been working the ECNL angle for a few years and had cultivated relationships with all the East Coast DOCs, who also happen to be decision makers for ECNL as a league (hello Stars and PDA), who were very helpful in guiding him towards even having a shot at ECNL. Why do you think ISA merged with KK Atletico and tried to launch ISA West? ECNL requires a deep player pool that ISA alone just didn't have. But they did have NPL which at the time was considered by many to be the #2 league and ISA was seeing a lot of success there-in conference, regionally and nationally.
                            Eventually both Susa and ISA realized they weren't going to beat the other. Susa had the $$$ and the numbers, ISA had the better reputation, relationships and league affiliation. The 2 clubs together check all the boxes for ECNL all they had to do was wait it out...

Comment

1) You are a dope 2) It’s been posted all over every message board about Smithtown getting ECNL 3) I never said anything about Smithtown other then there is no way they are getting ECNL. There is one in Nassau and one in Suffolk end of story. 4) I do focus on my kids and the club they play for. Currently my two oldest play ECNL 5) I take great comfort in knowing I will never see you on the same field

Comment

I'm from Smithtown and have been told we are getting ECNL. Either you are on a low level team or asleep at the wheel. There are players from other clubs being recruited and being told they are getting ECNL.

Go question TL yourself.
                                100% correct

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X