Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Second only to staples parentscare the ridiculous glastonbury tribe. Blowhards
    Glastonbury has some great talent during a 4 year stretch that brought them a lot of wins (most over sub par league competition) and a stretch of state championships. Truth is, they don’t even play the best teams in their conf every year, so they make the state tournament with the advantage of a great seed and a bye. They haven’t been anything special in two years now and they won’t be anything special this year either. Fciac in Ridgefield and staples have been the big dogs, especially Ridgefield since they have been in the LL final 4 years in a row now, winning 2. St joes has also been a beast. Their most recent run has been double the Glastonbury run. Much smaller school and they have done it playing in the top league in the state and against bigger teams. They have won more championships in 8 years than Glastonbury has won in the history of the school

Comment

They have won more championships in 8 years than Glastonbury has won in the history of the school
      As a longtime GHS follower/fan, I wouldn't change our history for anything. I'm also a Red Sox fan so know all about suffering for long periods of time before winning 4 titles recently. It is always worth it!

Comment

Glastonbury has some great talent during a 4 year stretch that brought them a lot of wins (most over sub par league competition) and a stretch of state championships. Truth is, they don’t even play the best teams in their conf every year, so they make the state tournament with the advantage of a great seed and a bye. They haven’t been anything special in two years now and they won’t be anything special this year either. Fciac in Ridgefield and staples have been the big dogs, especially Ridgefield since they have been in the LL final 4 years in a row now, winning 2. St joes has also been a beast.
        What Ridgefield has accomplished over the last four years is very impressive (two titles and two runner up finishes to very strong GHS teams.) But the fact is, GHS hasn't been anything special the past 2 years because GDA has depleted their talent pool. And I'd argue that playing weaker competition in the reg season is actually a disadvantage for GHS because they are not as battle tested as the FCIACs come tourney time. But of course they can't do anything about that- they can only play the teams on their schedule.

Comment

Staples won on their cute lucky goal last year, Glastonbury wiping the field w FCIAC this year!
          Staples won the semi fair and square last year, and I am saying that as a GHS fan. Most of Glastonbury's key players last year were juniors or sophomores though, so I am hoping Glastonbury can make another run at it and reclaim the crown this year. Of course these days there is no guarantee that all of those players will return- some could switch over and choose not to play for the HS. But if they do all play this year looks very promising for GHS.

Comment

Who is getting top incoming freshmen this coming year

Comment

St joes has also been a beast. Their most recent run has been double the Glastonbury run. Much smaller school and they have done it playing in the top league in the state and against bigger teams.
              Much smaller school yes but can also draw players from multiple towns (I have nothing against that at all, but if your're going to mention Glastonbury's advantage in size of school you have to also acknowledge that St Joe's has an advantage of its own.) Also some of their state titles came against L fields where they were the clear favorites going into the tournament, so not all against "bigger teams". Obviously both GHS and STJ are elite programs, and as someone mentioned already STJ won the only H2H meeting and was also clearly good enough to beat GHS in 2015 if they had been in LL that year.

This is a long way away of course, but if both teams end up on the same side of LL bracket this yr, I think there is a very good chance of a second head to head meeting (I checked CIAC website and it does indeed say St. Joes is in LL this yr.)

Comment

Three peat Ridgefield vrs Staples state final, this time staples win.

Comment

Much smaller school yes but can also draw players from multiple towns (I have nothing against that at all, but if your're going to mention Glastonbury's advantage in size of school you have to also acknowledge that St Joe's has an advantage of its own.) Also some of their state titles came against L fields where they were the clear favorites going into the tournament, so not all against "bigger teams". Obviously both GHS and STJ are elite programs, and as someone mentioned already STJ won the only H2H meeting and was also clearly good enough to beat GHS in 2015 if they had been in LL that year.

This is a long way away of course, but if both teams end up on the same side of LL bracket this yr, I think there is a very good chance of a second head to head meeting (I checked CIAC website and it does indeed say St. Joes is in LL this yr.)
                  St Joes will be demoted for their early LL exit this year. They couldn’t hang with the big boys. Jack will probably push for M because his team is barely mediocre this year and he needs the easy win.

Comment

Who is coming into SJ this year ?

Comment

You want names of 14 year olds listed? You must be one of their Dads...word to the wise, this is a viper pit, you don’t want your kid discussed.

Comment

actually a better question is, who is leaving SJ this year? A few girls (freshman) starters from last year are moving on. One and done with Jack

Comment

actually a better question is, who is leaving SJ this year? A few girls (freshman) starters from last year are moving on. One and done with Jack
                          Going where?

Comment

Going where?
                            Since 98 percent of his girls are from Monroe, Shelton, bridgeport, Stratford or Trumbull, so that would be my guess

Comment

Since 98 percent of his girls are from Monroe, Shelton, bridgeport, Stratford or Trumbull, so that would be my guess
                              You must not be the OP then or else you’d know instead of guessing.

Comment

You must not be the OP then or else you’d know instead of guessing.
                                No, i admit that I am not a st joes insider. I don’t live in a trailer either....go figure

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X