Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Says the Dad of a D2 level kid. Hate to be your child.
    How many of the incoming uconn recruit class would have been recruited by Georgetown (who will now be a divisional opponent)? Or, any of the top 20 teams listed below. I am not even talking impact player or not, I am just talking recruited.

Answer is none. UConn got a bunch of decent regional talent, but no one who would have been a blip on a top team radar. Sorry...and no, my kid doesn't play D2, but go with whatever fits your narrative.

1 10.00Stanford Stanford ( 21-1-2)
    2 10.00UCLA UCLA ( 17-3-2)
    3 9.92Florida St Florida St ( 28-4-3)
    4 9.83USC USC ( 17-2-3)
    5 9.04North Carolina North Carolina ( 21-12-2)
    6 9.03West Virginia West Virginia ( 15-4-4)
    7 8.96Georgetown Georgetown ( 21-1-3)
    8 8.77Penn St Penn St ( 18-6-1)
    9 8.77Tennessee Tennessee ( 16-3-3)
    10 8.60Virginia Virginia ( 16-5-1)
    11 8.59Duke
    12 8.56Texas A&M Texas A&M ( 17-5-1)
    13 8.50Baylor Baylor ( 20-6)
    14 8.36Vanderbilt Vanderbilt ( 16-4-1)
    15 8.34Colorado Colorado ( 13-4-3)
    16 8.32Santa Clara Santa Clara ( 17-3-2)
    17 8.21Texas Texas ( 13-5-3)
    18 8.07South Florida South Florida ( 15-4)
    19 8.04South Carolina South Carolina ( 13-6-1)
    20 8.02Washington St Washington St ( 13-6-1)

Comment

How many of the incoming uconn recruit class would have been recruited by Georgetown (who will now be a divisional opponent)? Or, any of the top 20 teams listed below. I am not even talking impact player or not, I am just talking recruited.

Answer is none. UConn got a bunch of decent regional talent, but no one who would have been a blip on a top team radar. Sorry...and no, my kid doesn't play D2, but go with whatever fits your narrative.

1 10.00Stanford Stanford ( 21-1-2)
      2 10.00UCLA UCLA ( 17-3-2)
      3 9.92Florida St Florida St ( 28-4-3)
      4 9.83USC USC ( 17-2-3)
      5 9.04North Carolina North Carolina ( 21-12-2)
      6 9.03West Virginia West Virginia ( 15-4-4)
      7 8.96Georgetown Georgetown ( 21-1-3)
      8 8.77Penn St Penn St ( 18-6-1)
      9 8.77Tennessee Tennessee ( 16-3-3)
      10 8.60Virginia Virginia ( 16-5-1)
      11 8.59Duke
      12 8.56Texas A&M Texas A&M ( 17-5-1)
      13 8.50Baylor Baylor ( 20-6)
      14 8.36Vanderbilt Vanderbilt ( 16-4-1)
      15 8.34Colorado Colorado ( 13-4-3)
      16 8.32Santa Clara Santa Clara ( 17-3-2)
      17 8.21Texas Texas ( 13-5-3)
      18 8.07South Florida South Florida ( 15-4)
      19 8.04South Carolina South Carolina ( 13-6-1)
      20 8.02Washington St Washington St ( 13-6-1)

One of those recruits was being looked at by GT, UVA, Wake. So ease back on those posts.

Comment

One of those recruits was being looked at by GT, UVA, Wake. So ease back on those posts.
        None. Nobody in their right mind would choose UConn above all those athletically or academically unless they were a fool.

Comment

ONE. wow! One. But they didn't go there did they? Probably never even got an offer or knew they'd never see the field. Between a weak new coach and a losing record it's going to be a tough sales pitch to get good talent to go to UCONN. Academically nearly all the top 20 are well ahead of UCONN as well.

Comment

None. Nobody in their right mind would choose UConn above all those athletically or academically unless they were a fool.
            You are an idiot or have not been through the process. I am sure the academic commitment, money, pt or as simply wanting to not leave the state came into play. Every kid is different and EVERY KNOW IT ALL thinks thats what their kid would choose.......until they are in those shoes...WHICH you were not.
            So keep killing kids because what an adult would choose is ridiculous.

Comment

ONE. wow! One. But they didn't go there did they? Probably never even got an offer or knew they'd never see the field. Between a weak new coach and a losing record it's going to be a tough sales pitch to get good talent to go to UCONN. Academically nearly all the top 20 are well ahead of UCONN as well.
              Yes one....because only 2 were mentioned. I can give you a list of many others that had "what you would think are better schools", but every kid has to make certain choices. You can kill a kid also but your kid wasn't in the 2 mentioned or at least 20 others that are committed to schools BUT had other bigger schools (Power 5), but made their own decisions for many reasons. It's easy to be a keyboard QB when choices are made.

Hope its an easy choice for you.........I mean your kid.

Comment

You are an idiot or have not been through the process. I am sure the academic commitment, money, pt or as simply wanting to not leave the state came into play. Every kid is different and EVERY KNOW IT ALL thinks thats what their kid would choose.......until they are in those shoes...WHICH you were not.
                So keep killing kids because what an adult would choose is ridiculous.
                There are only a few schools on that list that are academically weaker than UCONN; several are also strong state schools like UCONN; soccer wise it goes without saying they're all stronger since UCONN finished 216th. Being on the "consideration list" for those schools doesn't really count if you're on the narrowed down list of 75. I know there are loads of factors in deciding like you said - PT, location etc. But it's highly unlikely they were to an offer stage yet.

In addition, no one but a club coach or parent would have that insider knowledge, so you're one or the other

Comment

Haha... Nova and Providence in short order? Both programs and coaching well above MR and program. UConn is a has been and that isn't changing, no matter the conference change.
                  You’re missing the point which tells me you don’t know much. UConn’s slide began with the conference shakeup. They’ve been to a national championship game and we’re a perennial top 20 program until that happened. In fact, they were top 20 as recently as 3 years ago. I get it that you have an ax to grind, but going back to the Bug East will help the program immensely. MR was a part of their success. No reason why she can get them back there. UConn used to crap all over PC and Nova and will soon do it again.

Comment

Those teams were at my daughters ecnl games. Doesn't mean they thought of her as a serious recruiting candidate. I would say they were not.

Comment

Those teams were at my daughters ecnl games. Doesn't mean they thought of her as a serious recruiting candidate. I would say they were not.
                      Thanks loudmouth mom. Sit down you obnoxious fauuuck

Comment

Thanks loudmouth mom. Sit down you obnoxious fauuuck
                        My daughter was a Harvard recruit. The coach was at her game!

Ha ha ha...

Comment

At your daughter's ecnl games or the games of one of her opponents? Big difference.

Comment

At your daughter's ecnl games or the games of one of her opponents? Big difference.
                            Follow the thread man. That was sarcasm aimed at the guy who said the club had a lot of kids who were recruited my larger, better programs, but chose to stay home for personal reasons. Go to ccsu, eastern Connecticut state, etc.

Comment

You’re missing the point which tells me you don’t know much. UConn’s slide began with the conference shakeup. They’ve been to a national championship game and we’re a perennial top 20 program until that happened. In fact, they were top 20 as recently as 3 years ago. I get it that you have an ax to grind, but going back to the Bug East will help the program immensely. MR was a part of their success. No reason why she can get them back there. UConn used to crap all over PC and Nova and will soon do it again.
                              You’re so cute with your Yankee United optimism. UConn is sliding downhill and picking up speed. Their recruiting is D2 level at best. OW, AFC and YU instead of FC Stars and PDA. Hell, she only got one CFC kid to stay, and that was her Glastonbury connection. Only a new coach will get them out of this mess, and it will take a few years to clean the slate.
                              They barely beat CCSU last fall, who had the lead for a good part of the game, and you think going against PC and Nova is going to be their cake walk? Something tells me YOU don’t know much.

Comment

My daughter was a Harvard recruit. The coach was at her game!

Ha ha ha...
                                Hamblin likes to see lots of games. He's one of the few that really tries to get around. He has to recruit 3-4 times the the number of kids others recruit to get kids into school. I will say having been around a long time myself, he's a super nice guy and 95% of the kid's parents are not. There's this certain amount of entitlement these soccer parents have these days that's a huge turnoff to most coaches. Just look at the coaches run out of town because of crybaby parents... if you are coaching right now at a top school, I guarantee that coach is super careful about who they bring in with respect to player's parents. If you are screaming like a lunatic out there, yelling at ref, dragging your kid around, I can guarantee you that your kid will be bypassed.

So welcome to the bypass club Mom

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X