Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Newbie here, new(ish) to soccer, new to LI. I get confused by references to "Fury" and "Albertson Fury", are they related or affiliated (their jerseys even look the same), or 2 completely separate clubs? I see that both have DA status? When I go to the Albertson website, they have a tab with "npl" and "ecnl", no mention of DA.
    The Fury have two DA programs. One is FC Fury and the other is FC Albertson Fury. They are "sister" teams. DOC is the same, trainers are different. FC Fury is the stronger of the teams.

Comment

The Fury have two DA programs. One is FC Fury and the other is FC Albertson Fury. They are "sister" teams. DOC is the same, trainers are different. FC Fury is the stronger of the teams.
      Are the costs the same?

Comment

Are the costs the same?
        Yes. $45,000 a year. Or something like that.

Comment

Are the costs the same?
          $4,300 + per diems and travel

Comment

That's youth soccer in general. Every year there's a new and improved league
            And every year Parents lose focus because of it. Its irrelevant if your kid is good. The reason its such a distraction to so many is because they let ti be.

If you run everything thru the filter of - is it makng my kid a better player? Then all this stuff is a non issue

Comment

Brilliant

Comment

correction- $450,000 a year. if you're gonna exaggerate you might as well go big or go home.

Comment

correction- $450,000 a year. if you're gonna exaggerate you might as well go big or go home.
                  But your kid will get $10/year for Iona, so it pays for itself.

Comment

But your kid will get $10/year for Harvard, so it pays for itself

Comment

But your kid will get $10/year for Harvard, so it pays for itself
                      Only if

- your kid has the grades, scores and other criteria for admissions
                      - you only get $ for family income. No athletic or merit$

Comment

Use discount code ECNL50%off

Comment

Use discount code ECNL50%off
                          Or, use GDA for 75% off.

Comment

I guess the 18/19 NYCFC players are losing interest in their team. looks like only 6 of their rostered 18 showed up for the pounding they got in Mass this weekend. Disgraceful

Comment

I guess the 18/19 NYCFC players are losing interest in their team. looks like only 6 of their rostered 18 showed up for the pounding they got in Mass this weekend. Disgraceful
                              My daughter plays for one of the younger teams, but I get to chat with some of the parents. It’s a team in turmoil, not from apathy as you suggest, but from injuries and some important college visits. They have 4 or 5 starters that are injured, that along with recruiting priorities made for an ugly weekend for them. Most of the team is headed to D1 schools next fall, so I would not worry too much. Btw same thing happens to most ECNL teams at this age group, seniors are more likely to be injured because of the violence of soccer at this age.

Comment

My daughter plays for one of the younger teams, but I get to chat with some of the parents. It’s a team in turmoil, not from apathy as you suggest, but from injuries and some important college visits. They have 4 or 5 starters that are injured, that along with recruiting priorities made for an ugly weekend for them. Most of the team is headed to D1 schools next fall, so I would not worry too much. Btw same thing happens to most ECNL teams at this age group, seniors are more likely to be injured because of the violence of soccer at this age.
                                That age group needs to have big rosters in general for injuries and conflicts. But what's up with the U15s? Some losses against teams they should be beating.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X