Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well, he played for OW for one year (senior year) and OW gets to claim credit for him?
    Of course.

As does any other club that he has played for in the past.

Comment

So after winning a national championship. The bar has been lowered to getting to the elite eight?

If you look at ND, Georgetown, IU, etc. They can win with American players. RR has to find the best talent outside of the country and still can't with them. He's overrated.

If he's overrated, then we can only imagine the depths that your ranking sits at.

Comment

RR is a stand offish, most times rude, curt type of fellow. He certainly doesn't care what anyone thinks. He surrounds himself with like minded, narrow folks. Can't stand him and what he represents at uconn. I dare anyone to try to have a conversation with him. I rather share a phone booth with an alligator. Look what's happened to the friends of soccer that JM built. If you get rid of RR, i'll bring my family to games again
        I've known Ray since he was an assistant and Southern CT.

He's a great coach, a fine person and focused on success.

If your loyalty to the program is based on its coach, then we don't need you. More room in the seats at the game without you anyways.

Comment

RR is a stand offish, most times rude, curt type of fellow. He certainly doesn't care what anyone thinks. He surrounds himself with like minded, narrow folks. Can't stand him and what he represents at uconn. I dare anyone to try to have a conversation with him. I rather share a phone booth with an alligator. Look what's happened to the friends of soccer that JM built. If you get rid of RR, i'll bring my family to games again
          Wow so much vitriol. Did he cut your kid or overlook him at a camp? Look around and you'll find plenty of college coaches like him, across many sports, and no they don't care what you think.

Comment

I've had many great conversations with Ray. Contrary to what you might think Ray is one of the most giving people I have ever Known. He will do anything for you. you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Ray can come across as abrasive to some, but ask anyone who has played (not sat the bench) for him and they will tell you they loved him as a coach.

Ray is going nowhere, so we wont see you at the games

Comment

Ray can come across as abrasive to some, but ask anyone who has played (not sat the bench) for him and they will tell you they loved him as a coach.
              So he's the kind of guy you can only like if he gives you tons of playing time? Not much of an endorsement.

Comment

It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken.

Comment

So he's the kind of guy you can only like if he gives you tons of playing time? Not much of an endorsement.
                  It's college. To paraphrases, "soccer players come in and out of your life like busboys in a restaurant." One day, you've got the coach's eye and are playing a lot. Then, something happens, it might be small, and it's benchville for the rest of college; you never get to have that playing spot back.

Comment

Not at all, some players might have griped over pt and would have an axe to grind. Ray treated everyone of us with respect.

You don't know him like I do, so you shouldn't judge.

Comment

I've known Ray since he was an assistant and Southern CT.

He's a great coach, a fine person and focused on success.

If your loyalty to the program is based on its coach, then we don't need you. More room in the seats at the game without you anyways.
                      A fine person? who are you kidding?

His players hate playing under him. The only reason why they play is because they have a collective hate for the man.

Comment

Not at all, some players might have griped over pt and would have an axe to grind. Ray treated everyone of us with respect.

You don't know him like I do, so you shouldn't judge.
                        This can only be RR. I've spoken to numerous former players and multiples of them have only negative things to say.

Comment

This can only be RR. I've spoken to numerous former players and multiples of them have only negative things to say.
                          I've chatted with RR several times over the years and with some of his starters and backups, and it's been very positive.

Comment

Do you seriously think he's spending time on TS trying to counter all your negative posts? We get it - you hate him for whatever reason. Yet it seems you never actually played for him. For every story you have to tell there are others that are the opposite. Hard to take a hater with an axe to grind seriously

Comment

UCONN will not win another National Title with RR as coach.

Comment

UCONN will not win another National Title with RR as coach.
                                Let it go...let it go....

UCONN is quite happy with their basketball teams and middling football program. Soccer just keeps plugging along

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X