Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yup. And NYSC got rid of (almost) all of the non-DA teams, too. So if you were with the club but didn't stay on the DA you got released completely. I suppose there is still FCW or Beachside, too?
    Hey, just found one of the ex-nycfc players over at Met Oval. Guess the parents aren't giving up on the dream. Hope the kids is enjoying the commute. Playing top level at nycfc may have made sense strategically - i.e. getting into a college you wouldn't otherwise have been accepted to - but Met Oval?

Comment

Nycfc has an awful track record when it comes to their da roster decisions. They are very quick to pull kids from affiliates but are under political pressure and replace boys really quickly.

Comment

Nycfc has an awful track record when it comes to their da roster decisions. They are very quick to pull kids from affiliates but are under political pressure and replace boys really quickly.
        What do you mean about being "under political pressure and replace boys really quickly"?

Comment

how NYCFC academy pick the kids for next year academy 2019?
          City training is the one for 2008? how about older kids ? if someone knows
          I heard something about City Select Training Session

Comment

What do you mean about being "under political pressure and replace boys really quickly"?
            I mean there are lots of affiliates, lots of connected people and the team rips up the rosters every year. How many boys on the U13 team remain for the U14? Half at best and probably more like 25-30%.

Comment

I heard something about City Select Training Session
              do they have City select training this week ? or not announce it yet?

Comment

I mean there are lots of affiliates, lots of connected people and the team rips up the rosters every year. How many boys on the U13 team remain for the U14? Half at best and probably more like 25-30%.
                so, you meant NYCFC needs to take some kids from affiliates team and connected people?

Comment

so, you meant NYCFC needs to take some kids from affiliates team and connected people?
                  Almost every kid from u13 made u14 from last yr genius.

Comment

Just General question..

when is the best time to join DA ? U12 or U13? or older age like U15-16?

Comment

Just General question..

when is the best time to join DA ? U12 or U13? or older age like U15-16?
                      in general or NYCFC specific?

all depends on what your kid wants and then what's available to them (both thru skill and proximity)

Comment

in general or NYCFC specific?

all depends on what your kid wants and then what's available to them (both thru skill and proximity)
                        thanks for your advise.

I meant in general.

Comment

The earlier the better IF they can handle the speed of play. Just remember at U12 it is still 9v9. To an extent U13 might be better to jump for a physically mature kid because the field size and 11 v 11 game sometimes provides more space and time for a short while (half a season, maybe 1 season max). Depends on the team's style though. It can also be physically exhausting to run the full field, especially for box to box players.

Comment

The earlier the better IF they can handle the speed of play. Just remember at U12 it is still 9v9. To an extent U13 might be better to jump for a physically mature kid because the field size and 11 v 11 game sometimes provides more space and time for a short while (half a season, maybe 1 season max). Depends on the team's style though. It can also be physically exhausting to run the full field, especially for box to box players.
                            thank you for the info. I see many of club cut player from U12.. (I know U12 has 2 teams and U13 is only one team) so, if the kids is small (not physical player) but has skills. the kids should wait till he gets older (taller) ?

Comment

Nycfc

thank you for the info. I see many of club cut player from U12.. (I know U12 has 2 teams and U13 is only one team) so, if the kids is small (not physical player) but has skills. the kids should wait till he gets older (taller) ?

If the team likes to play kick and run....run away...team will go nowhere and your child will not develop especially in higher divisions (regardless of field size).....dominant style of play is more ball movement and less running. (If you like to run cross country and track should be your thing) Brains will always beat braun.

Comment

thanks for your advise.

I meant in general.
                                My personal preference is to wait until 8th grade. Lots of kids flatline before that. See how committed your kid is to soccer (does he go and practice on his own without being told?). It also gets them closer to making the HS choice. There's always turnover so if he's good he can get in then.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X