X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RPI vs Colley

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How come no one is mentioning the latest rankings? I don't see any of the teams that are do highly talked about in the top 3....
    I'll bite.

Haven't seen Medford or West Salem play, so I may be way off base here.
    But Salem's RPI has them much higher than Colley. How these teams fair
    in the playoffs may lend more credence to one over the other. Colley seems
    a bit more on point to me, just an opinion of course.

Did Tualatin and Jesuit benefit unjustly from playing powerful out of state teams?
    Win or lose, they get pretty good RPI credit for the opponent's winning percentage.

Thoughts?

Comment

How do the playoffs work this year? I read the website but I'm not sure I understand it.

Comment

playoffs

Looks to me like the top 4 from each league will be auto-qualified (first 24 playoff teams.)

Then from the final rankings list, the 4 highest ranked teams that did not finish in the top 4 of their league will be "at large" slots. (Total is now 28 teams.)

Then the next 8 highest ranked teams will conduct "play in" games (1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5) to determine the final 4 playoff teams. (These games are to be played between 10/26 and 10/28)

The final 32 teams will be ranked and paired off in the bracket to start 11/1.

Comment

Looks to me like the top 4 from each league will be auto-qualified (first 24 playoff teams.)

Then from the final rankings list, the 4 highest ranked teams that did not finish in the top 4 of their league will be "at large" slots. (Total is now 28 teams.)

Then the next 8 highest ranked teams will conduct "play in" games (1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5) to determine the final 4 playoff teams. (These games are to be played between 10/26 and 10/28)

The final 32 teams will be ranked and paired off in the bracket to start 11/1.
          This is a big improvement over the old method in my opinion. It was ridiculous having every team in a play-in game including teams that were 0-14. At least the bottom few teams get dropped now. The regular season should have some importance.

Comment

This is a big improvement over the old method in my opinion. It was ridiculous having every team in a play-in game including teams that were 0-14. At least the bottom few teams get dropped now. The regular season should have some importance.
            I tend to agree. Plus a bunch of those games were just layups anyway. Teams had to spend money to travel just to receive the inevitable beat down. As it is now, the play in games should be fairly close contests.

Comment

Westview wins Metro

After Southridge tied Jesuit their students went crazy, players were celebrating, and the Oregonian "crowned" them Metro league champs (they stated 1 step closer. The Southridge players were interviewed after the game and stated, "we got one (goal) and that's all we needed was a tie to win (league).”

Oops they forgot they had 1 more game

Comment

After Southridge tied Jesuit their students went crazy, players were celebrating, and the Oregonian "crowned" them Metro league champs (they stated 1 step closer. The Southridge players were interviewed after the game and stated, "we got one (goal) and that's all we needed was a tie to win (league).”

Oops they forgot they had 1 more game
                The devil is in the details.

Comment

Who's gonna stop Tualatin ???

Comment

Originally posted by Marbull View Post
                    LO will

Comment

Brackets permitting, Grant vs Westview in finals

Comment

Ok Grant mom, we know you're proud of your daughter. You don't have to post here all the time telling us hoe great you think they are.

Comment

Didn't Grant already smoke Westview? It was like 3-1?

Comment

Didn't Grant already smoke Westview? It was like 3-1?
                            There won't even be a metro league team in the finals. You heard it here first!

Comment

Looks like Westview will have to get past Sherwood in the 2nd round, then past Tualatin in the qtrs if they are hoping for a Grant matchup.

Comment

Grant will make it out of the top bracket, beating Tualatin in the semi finals. Top bracket is a tough one

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X