X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lots of brain power on that field.

Neither school gives merit money and obviously D3 cannot give academic money. That means that the kids have to have the grades, test scores and financial means. Both schools have tremendous endowments but you have to qualify for financial aid or have the steam to drop the full sticker price.
    I hate these perfect kids. They find some great job that they love right out of college. I've been working this horrible insurance job for 30 years. At least I still have a cubicle

Comment

Lots of brain power on that field.

Neither school gives merit money and obviously D3 cannot give athletic money. That means that the kids have to have the grades, test scores and financial means. Both schools have tremendous endowments but you have to qualify for financial aid or have the steam to drop the full sticker price.
      Fixed it for you. Merit money and financial aid is all D3 can give. Often times the packages are well beyond what you can get with athletic money at D1 and D2 if you're smart and desired - helps if you don't make much either.

Comment

I hate these perfect kids. They find some great job that they love right out of college. I've been working this horrible insurance job for 30 years. At least I still have a cubicle
        Heading home with my cracked windshield and one headlight. Now I get to sit in traffic for an hour.

Comment

Heading home with my cracked windshield and one headlight. Now I get to sit in traffic for an hour.
          I have unlimited PTO at work but am not allowed to use it

Comment

Fixed it for you. Merit money and financial aid is all D3 can give. Often times the packages are well beyond what you can get with athletic money at D1 and D2 if you're smart and desired - helps if you don't make much either.
            You didn't actually fix it. I had it correct the first time. No Merit money at Williams at all. Plenty of financial aid but it's need based.

Your statement is true of most D3 schools but not the case for the Ivies and elite liberal schools like Williams

Comment

You didn't actually fix it. I had it correct the first time. No Merit money at Williams at all. Plenty of financial aid but it's need based.

Your statement is true of most D3 schools but not the case for the Ivies and elite liberal schools like Williams
              I have no equity in my house and my broke 78 yo mother-in-law wants to move in with us since she can no longer drive. I also have a cavity on my wisdom tooth that should have been pulled years ago.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160331]

I am the op. I am fully aware that top DIII is nowhere near top DI soccer. That said, it certainly can compete with the DI programs once you get out of the top 100, wouldn't you say?

My point was more that girls who may be tops in their conference but not make All-State can play quality soccer (yes, I know, nowhere near DI) in college even if it is not D1.
                All this number crushing is the only way a parent gets satisfaction for kids not getting recruited to even a mediocre D1 program.
                This is no different than comparing a Loaded (high end) Ford Focus to a low priced BMW 2 series for 30k ....D3 is D3 Period ...so stop with the comparison of top 100 or bottom 100 , most if not all athletic endowed kids go D3 with no choice , D3 players without doubt have more than enough of the Academics to qualify to any top D1 school but having the soccer skills and getting PT is another story. Many parents and players get all wrapped up with D1 recruiting and soon find themselves in the kids JR year to be in a Madoff type Ponzi getting no PT and writing checks with triple zeros ,,, we do no that Kids at Tufts Academically have what it takes to be at Stanford.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160499]

All this number crushing is the only way a parent gets satisfaction for kids not getting recruited to even a mediocre D1 program.
                  This is no different than comparing a Loaded (high end) Ford Focus to a low priced BMW 2 series for 30k ....D3 is D3 Period ...so stop with the comparison of top 100 or bottom 100 , most if not all athletic endowed kids go D3 with no choice , D3 players without doubt have more than enough of the Academics to qualify to any top D1 school but having the soccer skills and getting PT is another story. Many parents and players get all wrapped up with D1 recruiting and soon find themselves in the kids JR year to be in a Madoff type Ponzi getting no PT and writing checks with triple zeros ,,, we do no that Kids at Tufts Academically have what it takes to be at Stanford.
                  Do you think they will find treasure on Oak Island?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160509]

Do you think they will find treasure on Oak Island?
                    Not sure but on Sunday night's sasquatch, big foot and yeti come over for Sunday super. We all agree that their kids would make great FSA players.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160499]

And there’s lots and lots with no or little PT at lots and lots of schools paying lots and lots of dough. I think that’s a lot😂

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160520]

Not sure but on Sunday night's sasquatch, big foot and yeti come over for Sunday super. We all agree that their kids would make great FSA players.
                        Anyone can make ECNL there, but, can they afford to pay?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160570]

Anyone can make ECNL there, but, can they afford to pay?
                          I haven't seen the most recent rosters but FSA has kept their rosters smaller, much smaller than CFCs. So unless that has changed for this season your post isn't accurate. Plus there's always FSA NPL parents complaining their kid deserves to be on ECNL. So there ya go - not everyone makes it!

- not with FSA

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160527]

And there’s lots and lots with no or little PT at lots and lots of schools paying lots and lots of dough. I think that’s a lot😂
                            I know lots of parents that are paying lots of $$$ for their kid to not get a lot of PT too.

LOL

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160597]

I know lots of parents that are paying lots of $$$ for their kid to not get a lot of PT too.

LOL
                              stupid parents for sure

Comment

When you look at the USNWR rankings (admittedly flawed, but a baseline nonetheless) the two finalists in D3 were #1 in Liberal Arts colleges and #3 in National Universities. The latter list included only 3 schools in the top 10 that are D3 schools - #3 Chicago, #7 MIT, & #10 Johns Hopkins.

All 3 of those schools made the NCAA tourney with MIT falling in the Sweet 16 to soccer powerhouse Messiah and Hopkins falling in the Elite 8 round to Williams. All four of those schools (Chicago, Williams, MIT, Hopkins) are able to draw players from a national/international pool due to their academic reputations. They have players from CA, Hawaii, Florida, etc on their rosters. Nearly all have ECNL or high NPL club experience.

Only Williams was without a CT player on the roster.

The other 3 had a total of 5 on the roster. 1 from Greenwich, and 2 each from New Canaan and Ridgefield. 4 played for CFC and 1 for NYSC. .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X