X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Probably Stars 04?

and rumor has it that JD is making top of that roster go DA next year.
    Who makes a player do anything? Do you realize the clubs are paid by the players not the other way around? What are they going to do to me - kick me off the team? LOL.

Comment

not the poster but the kids from our club that went to DA were JV level. No studs; they stayed ECNL.
      Maybe you belong to the club that had 9-0 and 6-0 results at DA showcase. Your club is freshmen comparing to Slammers, Solar, Hawks, etc. Most of them recent ECNL national champions, runner up, or semifinalist. Check their ecnl results this past weekend and see what league is varsity.

Comment

Who makes a player do anything? Do you realize the clubs are paid by the players not the other way around? What are they going to do to me - kick me off the team? LOL.
        Well actually they can. You'll be given two options - stay or leave

Comment

Well actually they can. You'll be given two options - stay or leave
          Bye bye.

Comment

Bye bye.
            You won't be missed

Comment

You won't be missed
              Will too.

Comment

This is a dumb argument. A club is not going to kick a strong paying player out of the club because they don't wish to play in the GDA.

Comment

No, but they will make it clear that moving forward that DA is the top team. When they do that, then what happens is that most of the top talent will naturally migrate to that try out, and get placed on that roster. Sure, you can stay on the ECNL team, but realize now that that the ECNL team will be much weaker next year, And yet you will be paying the same and traveling just as much. My guess is that it won’t be as attractive an option.

Comment

not the poster but the kids from our club that went to DA were JV level. No studs; they stayed ECNL.
                    That is consistent with the herd mentality in youth soccer. if the core stays, they all stay. Not so sure that its whats best for development but in reality you can get in to College with Soccer (as a girl) without necessarily maximizing your talent.

A clearer development pyramid would improve out National teams, but does not really change the College track for the majority. This means that take up of the GDA will be ad hoc. If the USSF really want to force the issue, they should immediately tell all YNT players that GDA is required ( subject to proximity) or forget selection. Tell the GDA Clubs that the cost must be no reater than the player s are currently paying in the ECNL and ehy wills ubsidize any difference. Once you do that, it makes the USSF pathway pretty clear.

The people in charge of the USSF need to be a lot more aggressive if they want to be the clear #1 developmental choice.

Comment

No, but they will make it clear that moving forward that DA is the top team. When they do that, then what happens is that most of the top talent will naturally migrate to that try out, and get placed on that roster. Sure, you can stay on the ECNL team, but realize now that that the ECNL team will be much weaker next year, And yet you will be paying the same and traveling just as much. My guess is that it won’t be as attractive an option.
                      Surely. But there will be no ultimatums for good players that you play on this team or else. There lot of reasons families make the choices they do.

Anyway, clubs with both leagues are such a tiny number that this is only an issue for a very small number of players.

Comment

That is consistent with the herd mentality in youth soccer. if the core stays, they all stay. Not so sure that its whats best for development but in reality you can get in to College with Soccer (as a girl) without necessarily maximizing your talent.

A clearer development pyramid would improve out National teams, but does not really change the College track for the majority. This means that take up of the GDA will be ad hoc. If the USSF really want to force the issue, they should immediately tell all YNT players that GDA is required ( subject to proximity) or forget selection. Tell the GDA Clubs that the cost must be no reater than the player s are currently paying in the ECNL and ehy wills ubsidize any difference. Once you do that, it makes the USSF pathway pretty clear.

The people in charge of the USSF need to be a lot more aggressive if they want to be the clear #1 developmental choice.
                        It is hilarious that anyone thought that the attrition to DA was going to be 100% in year one. 60% is probably optimistic. BUT going forward with the younger age groups I would suspect that attrition will be closer to 75% when the 08 age group comes on-line.

Comment

Surely. But there will be no ultimatums for good players that you play on this team or else. There lot of reasons families make the choices they do.

Anyway, clubs with both leagues are such a tiny number that this is only an issue for a very small number of players.
                          And there is very very few if not just JD playing this game. The majority of the clubs with both are adhering DA as the top league.

Comment

It is hilarious that anyone thought that the attrition to DA was going to be 100% in year one. 60% is probably optimistic. BUT going forward with the younger age groups I would suspect that attrition will be closer to 75% when the 08 age group comes on-line.
                            Only for good gda clubs. The dogs are still dogs.

Comment

im not aware of anyone who thought that. Once its 80pct thought the arguments about #1 go away. The choices for individuals will remain, but it will be clear what you are giving up.

I dont believe choice benefits the consumer in youth soccer. The costs have only escalated in spite of more so called choice. The thing about the USA is ( on the girs side) there si $$ to be made convincing parents of average players that they are far better than they are or will be.

Comment

im not aware of anyone who thought that. Once its 80pct thought the arguments about #1 go away. The choices for individuals will remain, but it will be clear what you are giving up.

I dont believe choice benefits the consumer in youth soccer. The costs have only escalated in spite of more so called choice. The thing about the USA is ( on the girs side) there si $$ to be made convincing parents of average players that they are far better than they are or will be.
                                PS - a huge business built around making mediocre players slightly less mediocre. Built on a lack of in bred soccer knowledge and Title IX. A perfect storm.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X