Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High School Soccer Done

All my kids played high school soccer, boys and girls' side. My youngest just wrapped up, so our family is all done with high school soccer.

We have club soccer to fill out the rest of the senior year and then college, so there's that.

Glad my last kid lettered in three sports, because the other sports were just more fun. At some point, am gonna come on here and post a wicked rant about how truly sh!tty h.s. soccer is.

In the meantime, for future seasons, I will pop in occasionally and fire up Anti-CIAC guy, Ref-Hater Guy, or the FCIAC tossers, just for entertainment.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All my kids played high school soccer, boys and girls' side. My youngest just wrapped up, so our family is all done with high school soccer.

We have club soccer to fill out the rest of the senior year and then college, so there's that.

Glad my last kid lettered in three sports, because the other sports were just more fun. At some point, am gonna come on here and post a wicked rant about how truly sh!tty h.s. soccer is.

In the meantime, for future seasons, I will pop in occasionally and fire up Anti-CIAC guy, Ref-Hater Guy, or the FCIAC tossers, just for entertainment.
    you will miss it- everyone does
    good luck to your kid

Comment

Sooner rather than later please. We are all just waiting with bated breath for that missive.

Comment

My kid lettered in four sports. And plays the clarinet.

Comment

Nice. With community volunteering, plus a part-time job, my kid only had time to letter in three sports. she plays tenor sax and guitar.

Comment

Well best of luck to your kid and all that, and congrats on your survival. I will say, though, I've loved watching my kid's first couple years of HS soccer. It's not without its warts -- kickball aspect, two refs, disparate competition, etc., etc. -- but it's already yielded some great memories for her. Granted, these include a state title on Saturday, which few are lucky enough to experience. The scene nevertheless was amazing, with the team lingering on the field for almost an hour -- laughing, running around, snapping selfies with the trophy and each other. Pure joy.

Comment

Unfortunately, soccer for most kids is a waste of time. Coming from a top premiere program back into the mix of town rec level at best sports.....yeah, I will not miss it. The only positive things that came from playing a sport in our town, were the non sports related things....hanging with friends, being accepted by seniors.... building an identity, and given leadership opportunities. If given the opportunity to play with his club during the fall, he would not have hesitated to leave. Glad its over and minimal injuries.

Comment

Mine lettered in four, sports, plays the Clarinet , Knitting club President and plays The Grand Piano with her Toes.

Comment

Unfortunately, soccer for most kids is a waste of time. Coming from a top premiere program back into the mix of town rec level at best sports.....yeah, I will not miss it. The only positive things that came from playing a sport in our town, were the non sports related things....hanging with friends, being accepted by seniors.... building an identity, and given leadership opportunities. If given the opportunity to play with his club during the fall, he would not have hesitated to leave. Glad its over and minimal injuries.
                  Must have been hard for your team to not live up to your standards maybe your kid should have done more to help them fully realise he came from a top level program and that they were holding him back

Comment

My kid played prep school soccer which was orders of magnitude better than his club (big 3 A team).

Comment

My kid played prep school soccer which was orders of magnitude better than his club (big 3 A team).
                      Not difficult. FSA ECNL sux.

Comment

Not difficult. FSA ECNL sux.
                        Actually, it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                          must have been hard for your team to not live up to your standards maybe your kid should have done more to help them fully realise he came from a top level program and that they were holding him back
                          yes sounds like little miss club kid could *not* get it done on the hs field. This isn't the ballet missy, you gotta bring your a game

Comment

Just keeping this thread on the burner so when I want to gather my thoughts, I can more easily find the right place to let go.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X