Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lol. Absolutely love parents like that. They have no idea what "good" actually is and usually think that just because their kid steps up a level it makes them "good". A good chunk of what they are measuring their kid against actually suck and don't have anywhere near the upside potential that they assume they have.
    Well, I stop in after a two month break and look who is still pathetically posting and obsessed with the "uber tiny D3s." Wow. Go to some Celts games. Hang out with your Dad. See if Coach K will stomach a few minutes with you. How can someone like you possibly have the time or interest to fret about such silly concerns like D3 soccer?

Comment

Not to mention that you're still starting the threads so that you can bash your imaginary OPs. Tradesman now? LMAO!

Comment

Looks like this is just another spot to rail against soccer clubs.....

That being said, yes, our soccer culture is young. 90% of the parents on the sidelines yelling "nice ball" wouldn't know one if it came up and bit them in the azz. I get it.

My parents knew nothing of the game, either. However, they supported all of us and 3 of us played through college. They grew to love the game. Do they understand it like some of the TS experts? No.

We didn't have club soccer in town. It was rec (and even then it didn't show up until 6th grade). We played other sports...and I can tell you the hockey culture and club/rec is exactly the same as soccer is today.

So, my kid has infinite more exposure to soccer than I did. Hers will expand on that as well. It is changing, slowly. Seeing more good soccer will help people realize what good really is. It doesn't happen overnight, and it won't happen in a rec environment.
        so you agree with me ...thanks. Talking soccer with parents on sidelines its very clear why we are where we are. From parents whose kids have no business being there ( on an ability basis) to parents who think they understand the game (boot it). I am not convinced it ever gets good enough. Fir girls, the demand is artificially created ( Title 9) and largely satisfied by people who are after $$. No one in this system has any incentive to be honest until the very end when you dont get interests from the College you desire becasue FINALLY its ability based. Better play and players is not goal number one, full rosters is. Once that is achieved, then ok, other factors come into play.

Youth soccer is a business not a passion for far too many involved

Comment

Lol. Absolutely love parents like that. They have no idea what "good" actually is and usually think that just because their kid steps up a level it makes them "good". A good chunk of what they are measuring their kid against actually suck and don't have anywhere near the upside potential that they assume they have.
          How do you know that the poster has no idea what "good" actually is? You are so self absorbed that you believe no one knows as much about soccer as you. The anger in your post must mean that your kid plays soccer but can't make it up to a higher level and that offends you.

I played soccer...my kids have played on multiple club soccer teams at different levels over the past 8 years ...we've done summer camps, skills camps, district select, etc...my son is a soccer ref...both kids play D1 high school soccer...we go to college and revs games...etc, etc. I don't pretend to be an expert nor do I assume that I know more about soccer than anyone else. As a matter of fact I keep my mouth shut on the sidelines because I'm only there to support my kid...I bet you never shut up on the sidelines.

If you can't see that the kids on DA or ECNL are better than NEP, MAPLE, etc then you are an idiot. But no one knows more than you...right?

Before you answer...we do it because my kids love to play and we enjoy watching them work hard, develop and succeed.

Comment

so you agree with me ...thanks. Talking soccer with parents on sidelines its very clear why we are where we are. From parents whose kids have no business being there ( on an ability basis) to parents who think they understand the game (boot it). I am not convinced it ever gets good enough. Fir girls, the demand is artificially created ( Title 9) and largely satisfied by people who are after $$. No one in this system has any incentive to be honest until the very end when you dont get interests from the College you desire becasue FINALLY its ability based. Better play and players is not goal number one, full rosters is. Once that is achieved, then ok, other factors come into play.

Youth soccer is a business not a passion for far too many involved
            I won't speak for anyone else, only myself. There's crazy, illogical, uneducated on the sidelines. In the stands at the rink, courtside, and at the dance competitions.

Happy where we are and playing the game we love, and willing to take it as far as we can with no $$$ expectation at the end.

Why? It's fun.

Comment

I won't speak for anyone else, only myself. There's crazy, illogical, uneducated on the sidelines. In the stands at the rink, courtside, and at the dance competitions.

Happy where we are and playing the game we love, and willing to take it as far as we can with no $$$ expectation at the end.

Why? It's fun.
              I agree, but people ask for explanations. Thats why. Kowledge is limited nad agendas a plenty

Comment

How do you know that the poster has no idea what "good" actually is? You are so self absorbed that you believe no one knows as much about soccer as you. The anger in your post must mean that your kid plays soccer but can't make it up to a higher level and that offends you.

I played soccer...my kids have played on multiple club soccer teams at different levels over the past 8 years ...we've done summer camps, skills camps, district select, etc...my son is a soccer ref...both kids play D1 high school soccer...we go to college and revs games...etc, etc. I don't pretend to be an expert nor do I assume that I know more about soccer than anyone else. As a matter of fact I keep my mouth shut on the sidelines because I'm only there to support my kid...I bet you never shut up on the sidelines.

If you can't see that the kids on DA or ECNL are better than NEP, MAPLE, etc then you are an idiot. But no one knows more than you...right?

Before you answer...we do it because my kids love to play and we enjoy watching them work hard, develop and succeed.
                No one is really saying that kids on different levels don't have marginally better skills and abilities but the sad truth is that most of what you see even on what are supposedly top level teams around here is woefully inadequate. You can tell this by how few players from any one team around here end up committing to and actually playing for a high level program in college. At best you end up with maybe 1-2 high level studs playing beside a bunch of players that end up playing for programs hundreds (not just dozens) of ranking points lower in the standings and in lower divisions. The lack of understanding of what constitutes a "good" player has been severely compromised by the sales job the ECNL and now DA have done to sell roster spots.

Comment

Good means only playing in a high-level in college. That is the only measuring stick that matters.

/sarcasm

That being said...I do chuckle when people talk about how great this player and that player is, on our team or someone else's. I just said "I haven't seen a Division 1 player yet", which stuns people. Bear in mind, we are topping out at NPL, so I know I'm not seeing the best...that's my point.

Comment

Why? It's fun.
                    Spent more than 15 years involved with different kids in club soccer. It wasn't fun. Way too much BS and cockblocking for my taste. It was a job for me and my kids. The only thing good I can say about the experience is we were one of the few winners who actually got more at the college level than we spent at the club level. I laugh at most of you because like this guy above so few even have the first clue what the heck is going on and that most of the club coaches literally laugh at the parents and have no use for them except for their money. Fun indeed.

Comment

Good means only playing in a high-level in college. That is the only measuring stick that matters.

/sarcasm

That being said...I do chuckle when people talk about how great this player and that player is, on our team or someone else's. I just said "I haven't seen a Division 1 player yet", which stuns people. Bear in mind, we are topping out at NPL, so I know I'm not seeing the best...that's my point.
                      So why are families spending $8-10K a year now? For fun? Heck you can have "fun" with a town team and high school team. You don't need club soccer to have fun.

Comment

Spent more than 15 years involved with different kids in club soccer. It wasn't fun. Way too much BS and cockblocking for my taste. It was a job for me and my kids. The only thing good I can say about the experience is we were one of the few winners who actually got more at the college level than we spent at the club level. I laugh at most of you because like this guy above so few even have the first clue what the heck is going on and that most of the club coaches literally laugh at the parents and have no use for them except for their money. Fun indeed.
                        Or, the guy above who has played in college, has coached in college, has a kid in a club who most likely won't make a high-level college team, but will be able to play at a lower-level if she wants to, and it fits her educational goals.

Why someone would spend 15 years doing something they despise is beyond me. Play for the love of the game, only. If you aren't, you are only wasting my and everyone else's time.

It's the whiners about the club environment who have no clue that it's not a soccer problem, it's a youth activity problem. Take a gander at cheerleading if you really want to be horrified.

Comment

So why are families spending $8-10K a year now? For fun? Heck you can have "fun" with a town team and high school team. You don't need club soccer to have fun.
                          You don't need anything, but if you want to be with like minded people who strive in any activity to try to perform at the best of your abilities, go for it.

I don't rail against people for driving a BMW, but if they want go...go for it. Has zero effect on how I go about my day.

Why does how I spend my money concern you so much?

Comment

BTNT is such a sad joke of a human being. Just keep talking and talking and talking. So angry. So useless. So overhyped inside his own mind.

Comment

Are we still allowed to go skiing? I spend way more every year on skiing and vacations and such, with no Olympic aspirations.

Do I need to clear that with you first? Asking, because I blew a cable on my tele skis and am pondering new bindings. Or, should I just toss the entire setup in the can and go sledding?

Comment

You don't need anything, but if you want to be with like minded people who strive in any activity to try to perform at the best of your abilities, go for it.

I don't rail against people for driving a BMW, but if they want go...go for it. Has zero effect on how I go about my day.

Why does how I spend my money concern you so much?
                                Agreed. I'm amazed at the number of people that complain about club. If your kid does club soccer and you complain then you're a dope for paying the money...find an alternative. If your kid doesn't do club soccer and you go on TS and complain then you are psycho.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X