X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS scorpions

Is this really happening?

From what I've heard, GPS is more focused on growing the boys side of their program...

Comment

If this were true, how is it that Scorpion families have no idea? Why would it be leaked on TS first?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        From what I've heard, GPS is more focused on growing the boys side of their program...
        GPS is more focused on growing the bottom line. If they can field more girls teams, they'll import the lads or lasses to coach 'em up. Dollar bills are blind. Profits trump gender.

Comment

Scorpion families have no idea just like they had no idea how bad this club had gotten before they made the mistake of signing that year long contract for their daughter to get some stellar training from this terrible coaching staff!

Comment

1. Why would the club tell the families first? That would only risk losing the players and income.
            2. The scorpions have been looking for solid ground for about 5 years now. Horrible management and a director/owner that can't get out of his own way.
            3. Bolts brass have tried to organize the scorpions better but FM is still in the way. An FM firing is the only thing that will save scorpions.
            4. FM is pissed at Bolts for giving honest and accurate assessment.
            5. Scorpions are the fourth or fifth rate girls club behind NEFC, Stars, GPS, and even SSS.
            6. With some time, GPS will have swallowed up the scorpions and the name will no longer exist as a headliner.

Comment

1. Why would the club tell the families first? That would only risk losing the players and income.
              2. The scorpions have been looking for solid ground for about 5 years now. Horrible management and a director/owner that can't get out of his own way.
              3. Bolts brass have tried to organize the scorpions better but FM is still in the way. An FM firing is the only thing that will save scorpions.
              4. FM is pissed at Bolts for giving honest and accurate assessment.
              5. Scorpions are the fourth or fifth rate girls club behind NEFC, Stars, GPS, and even SSS.
              6. With some time, GPS will have swallowed up the scorpions and the name will no longer exist as a headliner.
              So when tryout time comes around in May, will GPS NPL girls (their top team) and Scorpion ECNL girls be competing for spots on a combined ECNL team? And what happens to Scorpion NPL girls? Will GPS keep 2 NPL squads with one playing in the Northeast and one in New England?

Comment

So when tryout time comes around in May, will GPS NPL girls (their top team) and Scorpion ECNL girls be competing for spots on a combined ECNL team? And what happens to Scorpion NPL girls? Will GPS keep 2 NPL squads with one playing in the Northeast and one in New England?
                All good questions. I think FC Boston is playing this weeeknd in the GPS College Showcase. We'll see where they stack up against other GPS teams, which should give some indication of the talent level. I'm sure there will be movement regardless.

Comment

Surely an ECNL berth cannot be purchased and if Scorpions are swallowed up by GPS, their license could come into question? I suppose a merger on paper and a faux 'GPS Scorpions' moniker keeps everyone happy!

Comment

Surely an ECNL berth cannot be purchased and if Scorpions are swallowed up by GPS, their license could come into question? I suppose a merger on paper and a faux 'GPS Scorpions' moniker keeps everyone happy!
                    How do you think NEFC got ECNL/DA? Breakers...

Comment

All good questions. I think FC Boston is playing this weeeknd in the GPS College Showcase. We'll see where they stack up against other GPS teams, which should give some indication of the talent level. I'm sure there will be movement regardless.
                      It is a very good opportunity to compare apples to apples for sure. Given the exodus of ecnl players from NEFC to scorps this year a combined gps/scorps/NEFC 1st team would be able to mop up in the ecnl.

Comment

It is a very good opportunity to compare apples to apples for sure. Given the exodus of ecnl players from NEFC to scorps this year a combined gps/scorps/NEFC 1st team would be able to mop up in the ecnl.
                        And how did it go?

Comment

Apples are apples. The exodus that you preach is bogus. Apparently you may have to try to mop BBA NPL teams first. If you mix a bunch of average players, you will get an average team.

Comment

Did the BBA NPL teams even play this weekend? Not seeing them in the girls schedule.

Comment

Did the BBA NPL teams even play this weekend? Not seeing them in the girls schedule.
                              99's ad 00's played in the top brackets....I'm pretty sure some other age groups played, but not all.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X