Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do parents support programs like this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do parents support programs like this?

This has been an ongoing "rumor" for years but I've heard it too many times recently that OT of the Pythons and Beachside, also owner of goalsports, is well known for his lack of and refusal to pay his coaches on time or even at all. I've heard recently from both current and past coaches he makes them consistently wait two to three weeks for payment and the checks are always short. How can this be legal and how do parents support a club/person who is becoming well known for doing this?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This has been an ongoing "rumor" for years but I've heard it too many times recently that OT of the Pythons and Beachside, also owner of goalsports, is well known for his lack of and refusal to pay his coaches on time or even at all. I've heard recently from both current and past coaches he makes them consistently wait two to three weeks for payment and the checks are always short. How can this be legal and how do parents support a club/person who is becoming well known for doing this?

Comment

If people had evidence of this, I think they would not.

Comment

What happened at SoccerPlus, at the end?

Comment

Few families would know about the inner financial workings of a club. But, if a club isn't paying its bills they most certainly would want to know that. Not only is it not ethical but could portend to possible closure as well.

But, this TS so take it all with a grain of salt....anyone can pretty much post any accusation or rumor they want.

Comment

BS financials presented at meetings every year for parents, coaches, players.

Comment

What specific message are you replying to Mickey?

Comment

This whole thread is, in fact, BS. Must have been started by an opposing club looking to trash BS again. The playbook is getting old folks. BS is a program that offers scholarships to players with less financial means. Your claim of nonpayment is as they say ... Fake News!

Comment

This whole thread is, in fact, BS. Must have been started by an opposing club looking to trash BS again. The playbook is getting old folks. BS is a program that offers scholarships to players with less financial means. Your claim of nonpayment is as they say ... Fake News!
                  Yes, the club that is pressing families for five figure + donations also gives tons of scholarships. That's very funny. Dbag.

Comment

Which financials. Non profit or for profit

Comment

So many players are minority and inner city kids. All those scholarships must be a real drag on the club. Just look at pictures on website.
                      That's the price you pay for focusing on Darien and new Canaan, both are the Comptons of Fairfield county.

Comment

This seems like a lot less to do with BS and a lot more to do with Omar and his treatment of coaches and their financial security as employees. Unfortunately this is not fake news, our premier coach used to work there and he left for same reasons as stated here.

Comment

Which financials. Non profit or for profit
                          Showing financials won't show you if you're paying your bills on time. Non profits only have to show a small piece of their total picture on 990s. It's very basic information.

Besides if the beef is with Omar he only became part of BS this year I believe. Pythons do serve less served communities and charge less. They've done a nice job for a small program but probably do have a very tight budget. I've never heard complaints about BS not paying their coaches, just complaints from families about how expensive it is ;)

Comment

Look at what a dump of a facility goalsports is and that should tell you how much he takes care of his coaches. Hasn't put a penny into that place since it opened I don't doubt coaches are not being paid.

Comment

This seems like a lot less to do with BS and a lot more to do with Omar and his treatment of coaches and their financial security as employees. Unfortunately this is not fake news, our premier coach used to work there and he left for same reasons as stated here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X