Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds like they are simply realizing the value prop for youth soccer in the US is College not NT. By allowing moves "for development" they are reverting back to Academic Year clustering the late 02s (oct - dec) with the older RAE 03s (Jan - Jun) as the recruiting class of 2021. That's what coaches want, that's what parents want.
    If true, by doing this, sounds like they should never have went birth year to begin with.....

I mean, if a player recognized to be talented, they are going to play up anyways.....

Comment

If true, by doing this, sounds like they should never have went birth year to begin with.....

I mean, if a player recognized to be talented, they are going to play up anyways.....
      Exactly!
      My take is BY change was a forced disruption to exert power and differentiate DA.
      Now that we have noticed they are adapting and aligning with the only force that matters - college recruiting. While agree that historically the good players "played up" that is simply no longer the case. IN today's world where commits are coming earlier and earlier, the good players "play down" to show greater differentiation and align with the year for which the coach has more uncommitted spots

Comment

Wow... great post pointing out the hypocrisy. Thank you for highlighting the issue. I guess, as many have speculated this was bound to happen. I am no expert, but if the USSF powers thought that changing to BY would solve quality in US MNT... no, it isn't it!

Just admit that this was a bad decision USSF, go back to where age is aligned with physical development and move one - no harm as 100% will be behind it.

When you were making this decision, have you consulted with physicians/doctors who could have been able to tell you that 6-10 months for kids is similar to 26 yo to a 60 yo. Huge, monstrous gap.

Comment

Wow... great post pointing out the hypocrisy. Thank you for highlighting the issue. I guess, as many have speculated this was bound to happen. I am no expert, but if the USSF powers thought that changing to BY would solve quality in US MNT... no, it isn't it!

Just admit that this was a bad decision USSF, go back to where age is aligned with physical development and move one - no harm as 100% will be behind it.

When you were making this decision, have you consulted with physicians/doctors who could have been able to tell you that 6-10 months for kids is similar to 26 yo to a 60 yo. Huge, monstrous gap.
          hey dodo birds. They did BY to synchronize with EU / Fifa which also allows 2 BOYS BY to play down. dingbats

Comment

hey dodo birds. They did BY to synchronize with EU / Fifa which also allows 2 BOYS BY to play down. dingbats
            We know zippy. Clubs are rostering January 02's instead of smaller, late birthday 02's. It's no longer a development tool, it's a scoring tool to inflate their standings. Try and keep up.

Comment

We were told that the the DA would allow November/December 2002 late bloomers to play down an age group this season for developmental purposes. US Soccer is actually allowing DA teams to roster January, February & March 2002 players on 2003 age group teams in reality. Do they read this forum? Less than a week ago they were called out in another topic here. Now they've erased all month/day information for every player from the website. The height of their hypocrisy has been erased from public view. Are they protecting themselves from scrutiny or simply enabling particular clubs?
              This makes no sense. I can see letting Oct, Nov, Dec 2002 play on a 2003 team but not the older part of the year.....well, actually, I don't think the later of the year births should play down either. It seems to be such an arbitrary decision.

At least Disney World determines size before letting your little kid on ride. What is next for the DA? Height, Weight, Body Surface Area?? At least these measures go by some kind of objective measure.

Comment

If that allegation about letting early born 2002s playvwith 2003s is true, i would expect some official complaint to be filed or some sports reporter to investigate. This would be a total scandalous breakdown in the system.

Comment

This makes no sense. I can see letting Oct, Nov, Dec 2002 play on a 2003 team but not the older part of the year.....well, actually, I don't think the later of the year births should play down either. It seems to be such an arbitrary decision.

At least Disney World determines size before letting your little kid on ride. What is next for the DA? Height, Weight, Body Surface Area?? At least these measures go by some kind of objective measure.
                  Part of the problem is it is an arbitrary call - is a player "developmentally" behind the rest of his age appropriate team? Size is one thing but a small size doesn't always mean a player can't compete. However, I agree that having players outside of say Sept-December play down on a younger team is absurd. Clubs will abuse it to 1) make sure players get their minimum starts in 2) get the wins.

This from the organization that made every change to birth year. Such hypocrites.

Comment

If that allegation about letting early born 2002s playvwith 2003s is true, i would expect some official complaint to be filed or some sports reporter to investigate. This would be a total scandalous breakdown in the system.
                    It's already happening. You just can't see it because the birth months have been scrubbed

Comment

It's already happening. You just can't see it because the birth months have been scrubbed
                      Provide proof, please.

Comment

Provide proof, please.
                        ah ah - see you can't. no birth months posted on the website any longer. clubs know, parents know. whether or not ussf knows or even cares remains to be seen.

not the op

Comment

I believe it could be happening but for a different reason than development. We are seeing DA teams in the northeast that are having problems drawing players to the DA program. Kids are NOT lining up to join anymore. Don't know why, but we are playing against other teams with 3-5 subs on the bench, so rosters are getting lite. This is why you might be seeing the shuffling of different aged players.

Comment

It is not a good practice to have personal information like birth dates etc. readily available on the web. Teach your children this early. Over sharing and giving up privacy has very little upside and huge down side.

Comment

It is not a good practice to have personal information like birth dates etc. readily available on the web. Teach your children this early. Over sharing and giving up privacy has very little upside and huge down side.
                              I'm not looking to out the kids because it's not their fault, but 2 New England clubs are rostering and starting Jan/Feb 02's. If you really work at it you can find their birth dates.

Comment

birth month is fine, just not exact date

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X