4 Connecticut College
    5 Brandeis University
    6 Western Connecticut State University
    7 Springfield College
    8 Worcester Polytechnic Institute
    9 Bates College
    10 Middlebury College

Wow, 5 NESCAC schools. Impressive.

The overall academic quality of the schools on the list is pretty high.

3 NEWMAC schools

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Wow, 5 NESCAC schools. Impressive.

The overall academic quality of the schools on the list is pretty high.

3 NEWMAC schools
      Lol. This is a soccer site and the only thing the D3 people can start a conversation with is "look at the academic reputation of the school my kid went to". Pretty much tells everyone everything that anyone would want to know about the folks down at this level of the pyramid. Clearly for them soccer is nothing but an extra curricular that is secondary to school just like in high school and then for some strange reason they want to thump their chests like everyone should get all excited about it. Maybe if we give them a few ooohs and aaahs they will go away.

Comment

Lol. This is a soccer site and the only thing the D3 people can start a conversation with is "look at the academic reputation of the school my kid went to". Pretty much tells everyone everything that anyone would want to know about the folks down at this level of the pyramid. Clearly for them soccer is nothing but an extra curricular that is secondary to school just like in high school and then for some strange reason they want to thump their chests like everyone should get all excited about it. Maybe if we give them a few ooohs and aaahs they will go away.
        I don't have a dog in this fight yet, but you sound deranged. 99% of D1 college soccer players are done with soccer after 4 years and need to get a real job. Many are done in 2 or 3 as they realize it's a job with little reward, no career prospects, and struggle to juggle classes with soccer.

Here's the thing, if you're not going pro and getting allocated to the NT here in the states, you have nothing to brag about. Certainly shouldn't be putting down students who put school first amd play D3 soccer. #poorlifechoices #yourD1kidaintgoodenoughforpro

Comment

I don't have a dog in this fight yet, but you sound deranged. 99% of D1 college soccer players are done with soccer after 4 years and need to get a real job. Many are done in 2 or 3 as they realize it's a job with little reward, no career prospects, and struggle to juggle classes with soccer.

Here's the thing, if you're not going pro and getting allocated to the NT here in the states, you have nothing to brag about. Certainly shouldn't be putting down students who put school first amd play D3 soccer. #poorlifechoices #yourD1kidaintgoodenoughforpro
          Only on this cesspool of a site do you find the condescending elitists bragging about d3 top 10 where out of the 10 only 1 is reasonably priced. Everyone who is schocked that the most expensive schools that can invest heavily in their sports have good athletic programs please raise your hand.

Comment

What part of it's a soccer site don't you get? If you want to discuss college admissions and academic reputations why not go to CollegeConfidential? That said, While you are taking your jabs at D1 why don't you explain why you didn't factor in the scholarship dollars and the tens of thousans those save families?

Comment

What part of it's a soccer site don't you get? If you want to discuss college admissions and academic reputations why not go to CollegeConfidential? That said, While you are taking your jabs at D1 why don't you explain why you didn't factor in the scholarship dollars and the tens of thousans those save families?
              Not all schools are created equal. Tell us the school and we can tell you whether the scholarship is worth it.

Call us elitist, but our kid is eligible for a full ride at most of the state schools in NE and we wouldn't send her at gun point.

Comment

Lol. This is a soccer site and the only thing the D3 people can start a conversation with is "look at the academic reputation of the school my kid went to".
                This was pretty funny.

This was doubly-doochey.

Comment

No more douche than your stupid posts. I'll take the $300k my kid is getting in scholarship money to a top ranked D1 school that is probably ranked higher than the D3 school your kid is going to any day of the week.

Comment

Not all schools are created equal. Tell us the school and we can tell you whether the scholarship is worth it.

Call us elitist, but our kid is eligible for a full ride at most of the state schools in NE and we wouldn't send her at gun point.
                    Oh, ok, let's start with Stanford then add schools like Duke, NotreDame, UCLA, Georgetown, UVA, Vanderbilt, Northwestern into the mix.

Comment

Oh, ok, let's start with Stanford then add schools like Duke, NotreDame, UCLA, Georgetown, UVA, Vanderbilt, Northwestern into the mix.
                      The humorous part is you have to that their kid doesn't have the academic chops to get into any of those schools and it's a given that they don't have the soccer chops for them either.

Comment

No more douche than your stupid posts. I'll take the $300k my kid is getting in scholarship money to a top ranked D1 school that is probably ranked higher than the D3 school your kid is going to any day of the week.
                        And I bet you ride a skittle *****ting unicorn to work too. 1979 called and they want their qualudes back. You should try posting sober.

Comment

Only on this cesspool of a site do you find the condescending elitists bragging about d3 top 10 where out of the 10 only 1 is reasonably priced. Everyone who is schocked that the most expensive schools that can invest heavily in their sports have good athletic programs please raise your hand.
                          Wow, someone's panties are a little bunched.

I did not see bragging. I saw someone comment that the ranked D3 schools seemed to be quite strong academically.

By the way, imho, although #s 1-3 and #10 are top notch, the other schools are not that impressive.

Comment

Ignorant jerk. Intentionally misreads the post to try to make a point.

What the heck does "this level of the pyramid" really mean? Girls playing soccer at a top 10 New England school are pretty close to the top. Check out the bios. They are girls from top teams at top clubs.

Comment

Yeah we believe you lol. You probably started the thread to encourage the usual tired theme of "if your kid isn't NT or top D1 you're wasting your time and money."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X