Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Rainbow numbers to acknowledge Gay Pride month isn't a huge commercialization in itself.

The Economics of this is supporting their fans, players and coaches. This acknowledgement builds customer loyalty and keeps customers coming back.
    is that what keeps you watching, buying jerseys, going to games-the gay pride month???? really???

Comment

"gay up" sports? No I've seen it all on TS
      grow the F up, snowflake

Comment

is that what keeps you watching, buying jerseys, going to games-the gay pride month???? really???
        the theory is that any organization that acknowledges me and supports me will get more of my wallet and mind share than those that don't.

Comment

grow the F up, snowflake
          Says the guys who is worried his D might turn gay because the US NT has some gay players on it. Wouldn't it be great if all your kids were homosexual? The thought of all those years of your own personal anguish makes the rest of us smile.

Comment

I find that it is inevitable that we will ultimately become enlightened enough as a culture and society that things like sexual orientation, gender identification and skin color will simply disappear as issues and points of friction in our society.

My kids are late Gen Xers and very early Millennials and they simply have no bones of contention in their bodies over any of these things. Part of it comes from being raised in a home where tolerance and acceptance of other peoples' personal choices and/or natural ways of being is the norm. Live as you choose and as long as it doesn't impact my life in what I believe is a negative way, then I'm fine with it. My kids see that way in life as well. The rest of their perspectives on these things comes from the general acceptance that runs among their friends and acquaintances.

I recall the evening Will.I.Am was on Bill Maher's show and not participating in this loud debate on race going on in the panel. When Bill asked him why he was silent, he pointed out to them that these issues will die with those in the argument. He pointed out that they were all much older than him and were debating things that mattered only to old people for the most part and once these views died with those who possessed them, the debate on such things would ebb away and become history.

And all that, to my mind, is good and stepping our society towards the light of acceptance.

Comment

I find that it is inevitable that we will ultimately become enlightened enough as a culture and society that things like sexual orientation, gender identification and skin color will simply disappear as issues and points of friction in our society.

My kids are late Gen Xers and very early Millennials and they simply have no bones of contention in their bodies over any of these things. Part of it comes from being raised in a home where tolerance and acceptance of other peoples' personal choices and/or natural ways of being is the norm. Live as you choose and as long as it doesn't impact my life in what I believe is a negative way, then I'm fine with it. My kids see that way in life as well. The rest of their perspectives on these things comes from the general acceptance that runs among their friends and acquaintances.

I recall the evening Will.I.Am was on Bill Maher's show and not participating in this loud debate on race going on in the panel. When Bill asked him why he was silent, he pointed out to them that these issues will die with those in the argument. He pointed out that they were all much older than him and were debating things that mattered only to old people for the most part and once these views died with those who possessed them, the debate on such things would ebb away and become history.

And all that, to my mind, is good and stepping our society towards the light of acceptance.
              Then you have a holes like the other poster talking about the sins of homosexuality and the gayification of soccer. Racists and bigot's often raise racists and bigots. I also see it improving but we still have a very long way to go

Comment

Screw you, stop being so logical and making so much sense.

Comment

Then you have a holes like the other poster talking about the sins of homosexuality and the gayification of soccer. Racists and bigot's often raise racists and bigots. I also see it improving but we still have a very long way to go

Agreed.

But I see the change from my grand parents to my parents' generations. I see further progress from my parents' to mine and even more acceptances of the changing norm into my children's generation. I saw a furniture commercial the other day ending with two men on a couch, one laying with his head on the other's lap. I see more and more commercials showing mixed race couples and families. My grand kids are watching shows on the children's networks that reflect almost a seamless society in terms of racial integration and now, even more tolerant views on gender concerns. There's still a lot of political correctness going on, but less forced and more integral within our culture. I remain optimistic that there will be a time when truly people are judged by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin, or the gender of the person they share a bed with at night. I think someone famous said something similar to that....lol.

Comment

Some very adult comments ... Talking Soccer never ceases to amaze me.

Comment

Agreed.

But I see the change from my grand parents to my parents' generations. I see further progress from my parents' to mine and even more acceptances of the changing norm into my children's generation. I saw a furniture commercial the other day ending with two men on a couch, one laying with his head on the other's lap. I see more and more commercials showing mixed race couples and families. My grand kids are watching shows on the children's networks that reflect almost a seamless society in terms of racial integration and now, even more tolerant views on gender concerns. There's still a lot of political correctness going on, but less forced and more integral within our culture. I remain optimistic that there will be a time when truly people are judged by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin, or the gender of the person they share a bed with at night. I think someone famous said something similar to that....lol.
                      Spend time in Trump country. It's only improved in some parts of the country and is nearly going backwards elsewhere

Comment

US Soccer needs a theme song. Why not this one?
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uTapd_MHDAU

Comment

US Soccer needs a theme song. Why not this one?
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uTapd_MHDAU
                          Watch the whole thing. Inspirational.

Comment

they are trying to "gay-up" sports, for social acceptance, but nobody really cares wether you're gay or not, just that you are good. it will keep happening and they will keep dragging in other fringe causes to try and make it "SOP". the fact is most don't care either way
                            they tried it the NFL ,thought they had their guy, Michael Sam, but he just couldn't produce.
                            fact of the matter is ,its a distraction. Rapinoe is the best player they have, the fact that she is gay has nothing to do with it
                            I don't want to watch Abby suck face on the sidelines.

I would want to see Alex Morgan and Christian press swap spit

Comment

who talked about the sins of anything? straw man argument is all you have
                              I said no-one cared, isn't that a good thing? Wil I Am thinks so, snowflake
                              it must suck to be perpetually offended

Comment

Says the guys who is worried his D might turn gay because the US NT has some gay players on it. Wouldn't it be great if all your kids were homosexual? The thought of all those years of your own personal anguish makes the rest of us smile.
                                why worry about things you can't control, its genetic right? so there is no choice
                                wouldn't it be great if all kids grew up to be good humans, the thought of that dissuades any personal anguish of any sort

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X