US Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think anyone would consider Fernando Torres or Jamie Vardy to be well-rounded, tactical soccer players.

But holy crap do they have pace.

The US currently has no one to get the speedsters the ball or control the mid-field.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I dont think anyone would consider Fernando Torres or Jamie Vardy to be well-rounded, tactical soccer players.

But holy crap do they have pace.

The US currently has no one to get the speedsters the ball or control the mid-field.
      Such an insult comparing those professionals to those HS hurdle runners here.

Let me be clear, because I see you have a brain smaller than a nickel.

Vardy is a true soccer play and always will be, he also never ran track or played a track runner on TV and this holds true for Torres.

Soccer training is eat, sleep and sh*t it’s not a fall or spring sport where you fill in a sport of your choice, but if it works for your, kid so be it but what we do know is the very best programs in the world don’t use this system—So why should we.

Comment

Such an insult comparing those professionals to those HS hurdle runners here.

Let me be clear, because I see you have a brain smaller than a nickel.

Vardy is a true soccer play and always will be, he also never ran track or played a track runner on TV and this holds true for Torres.

Soccer training is eat, sleep and sh*t it’s not a fall or spring sport where you fill in a sport of your choice, but if it works for your, kid so be it but what we do know is the very best programs in the world don’t use this system—So why should we.
        What system do you propose we use, oh wise one?

Firstly, other countries have women's soccer programs because of NCAA. Their women came here got their soccer skillz and went home.

Secondly, on the men's side, other countries get their skillz because of academies and youth training run by professional teams, and in the case of some countries, by taking the kids from their parents to an academy in a different part of the country.

We could try the latter, but who would we pick?

We cannot possibly do the former. You struggle to go more than 10 miles in England without running into a professional soccer club. Kids can and do take public transportation to get to training. The USA has none of that infrastructure, none. And, even if you did take a train and a bus to go play academy with the Revs, it would take hours.

So, what's your plan?

Comment

Firstly, other countries have women's soccer programs because of NCAA. Their women came here got their soccer skillz and went home.

Secondly, on the men's side, other countries get their skillz because of academies and youth training run by professional teams, and in the case of some countries, by taking the kids from their parents to an academy in a different part of the country.

We could try the latter, but who would we pick?

We cannot possibly do the former. You struggle to go more than 10 miles in England without running into a professional soccer club. Kids can and do take public transportation to get to training. The USA has none of that infrastructure, none. And, even if you did take a train and a bus to go play academy with the Revs, it would take hours.

So, what's your plan?
          Look fella —I don’t have time to teach you the Alphabet you should know this already.
          What we are doing is wrong plain and simple and it’s to many issues to list here.
          When I guy like you comes on here throwing the names of top professionals and comparing their development to our Road Runners, I realize Now i could get better info from a brick wall.

Comment

Look fella —I don’t have time to teach you the Alphabet you should know this already.
            What we are doing is wrong plain and simple and it’s to many issues to list here.
            When I guy like you comes on here throwing the names of top professionals and comparing their development to our Road Runners, I realize Now i could get better info from a brick wall.
            great non answer What not to do is easy. What to do.

Comment

great non answer What not to do is easy. What to do.

I have a day job but there’s many on here that can sit down and spending hours writing page after page, if I takes me more than a two minute reply then it’s too much.

Comment

I have a day job but there’s many on here that can sit down and spending hours writing page after page, if I takes me more than a two minute reply then it’s too much.
                I’m on the train with the android so spelling will not be perfect either.

Comment

I’m on the train with the android so spelling will not be perfect either.
                  Your life must really suck

Comment

The kids looked very good tonight

Is it just me ... it's too soon to hear and watch Bruce Arena

Comment

Are u high?

Comment

Are u high?
                        cleanly he is ...got their skillz...they got in to College here becasue they ALREADY had them and they were not developed here.

We have a tough time here in the US with games we did not invent or change to suit us. We think everything emanates from the USA.

Comment

cleanly he is ...got their skillz...they got in to College here becasue they ALREADY had them and they were not developed here.

We have a tough time here in the US with games we did not invent or change to suit us. We think everything emanates from the USA.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/ch...world-cup/amp/

Comment

Cool article on new training facility. Hope US soccer utilizes it

http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/mls...mpression=true

Comment

A step in the right direction

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...ollege-program

Comment

Step in the right direction? If these kids want to play pro they should go from high school to Europe or to an MLS team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X