Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    LM sent out an email saying DV had joined Surf. I got it on 4/1 at 9:39am.

It's futsal. I'd rather hear about NY Surf players being invited to play with San Diego Surf and their experiences. That is one of the perks NY Surf peddle last year.
    Any parent who knows anything about the national soccer scene would know this would never happen. San Diego Surf is one of thr top clubs in the country. A local player good enough to be asked to play with them is good enough to play anywhere and won't be fiddling around at NY Surf until they prove themselves and get into better leagues.

Comment

Larry: "What Gary needs to realize is that the West Islip Club is a dinosaur. Gary has been the president for almost 20 years. Time for new blood with forward thinking instead of being stuck in one place."

Talking-Soccer: "What Larry needs to realize is that BOTN is a dinosaur. Larry has been the president for almost 20 years. Time for new blood with forward thinking instead of being stuck in one place."

Comment

Larry: "What Gary needs to realize is that the West Islip Club is a dinosaur. Gary has been the president for almost 20 years. Time for new blood with forward thinking instead of being stuck in one place."

Talking-Soccer: "What Larry needs to realize is that BOTN is a dinosaur. Larry has been the president for almost 20 years. Time for new blood with forward thinking instead of being stuck in one place."
        West Islip was a one time sponsor for their tournaments. We could start a thread of all the ex-sponsors of BOTN that are routinely trashed by LM. From trainers to clubs to tournaments all are subject to his criticism due to their not paying their hush money any more.

Current sponsors KK and Surf realize this and continue to pay him despite the fact that his traffic has dwindled to almost nothing but the remaining die hard idiots that have no life.

Nothing of substance is ever discussed there, just LM trashing a club that competes with a sponsor or a disgruntled parent here and there that can't accept their little Mia or Messi aren't the studs they see them as.

I would rather come to a site of substance that has infrequent but informative discussions that what you get on BOTN.

Comment

Need to get more traffic on this board. The CT board is very active, although a bit insane as well. I've casually mentioned it to a few of my more sane sideline friends

Comment

Need to get more traffic on this board. The CT board is very active, although a bit insane as well. I've casually mentioned it to a few of my more sane sideline friends
            It seems there are only 4 of us - 2 who hate Surf and Larry and one Surf parent who hates NYSC and 1 SUSA parent who hates Alby...sadly Larry wins as he is institutionalized in the NY scene - maybe this board should advertise on BOTN. I'm done here.

Comment

It seems there are only 4 of us - 2 who hate Surf and Larry and one Surf parent who hates NYSC and 1 SUSA parent who hates Alby...sadly Larry wins as he is institutionalized in the NY scene - maybe this board should advertise on BOTN. I'm done here.
              Don't forget yourself Larry!

Comment

There's more than four of us here

Don't give up so easy

Comment

Well I don't hate anybody. I do think Larry is an insecure basement blogger though, who has no impact (obviously) on the NY soccer scene. BotN is like garbage reality TV. Here, at least there is some productive conversation.

Comment

I can tell you every time he trashed a local team I know they got kids requesting tryouts proving there is no such thing as bad PR on BOTN!!!

In fact this team and several others trained by the same person have grown while a neighboring sponsor Larry can't shut up about has floundered.

Keep it coming Larry, you're good for something even if it's the exact opposite of your intentions.

Comment

I can tell you every time he trashed a local team I know they got kids requesting tryouts proving there is no such thing as bad PR on BOTN!!!

In fact this team and several others trained by the same person have grown while a neighboring sponsor Larry can't shut up about has floundered.

Keep it coming Larry, you're good for something even if it's the exact opposite of your intentions.
                      "No Impact" Miller

Comment

Relax Frances. The thread's name is "Larry's Laughable Quotes." It pokes fun at LM. He's provided enough idiotic statements to warrant his own thread.

It also allows for non-revisionstic history, which means posts cannot be altered here, unlike BOTN. There are plenty of unaltered Larry quotes from the past year to keep you entertained.

Soccer is finally cranking up since the snow and rain are finally becoming memories. Expect more soccer talk shortly.

Comment

Today's gem: "GDA and ECNL is all about money and market share. Your kids are only pawns in their game. It is no more complex than that."

I guess NY Surf got passed over for an ECNL slot.

Comment

Today's gem: "GDA and ECNL is all about money and market share. Your kids are only pawns in their game. It is no more complex than that."

I guess NY Surf got passed over for an ECNL slot.
                            Larry is also bashing GDA hard so yeah, Surf got bypassed for GDA again too, lol.

Comment

Another good one from LM.

" If RM knew his stuff and was such a soccer maven he wouldn't be at East Meadow, but rather coaching at the professional level. RM is simply another middle of the road coach and trainer. Deal with it."

He is praising the hell out of Meghan Frey, who was at East Meadow, which by his very own words must mean that she is a middle of the road coach and trainer ...

Comment

Another good one from LM.

" If RM knew his stuff and was such a soccer maven he wouldn't be at East Meadow, but rather coaching at the professional level. RM is simply another middle of the road coach and trainer. Deal with it."

He is praising the hell out of Meghan Frey, who was at East Meadow, which by his very own words must mean that she is a middle of the road coach and trainer ...

Too funny. So I guess in Larry's opinion, every coach at Surf is the same " middle of the road coach and trainer".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X