Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I enjoy attractive soccer as much as the next person, but in big games at the highest level, the object is to do what is necessary to win, even if it is not "pretty."
    What was attractive was Solo's nude selfies.

Comment

You're an idiot. Sweden did not play the game the way it's supposed to be played. I hope Solo lawyers up because the way I see it, it's clear cut reprisal by US Soccer after she was part of a group that filed an EEOC complaint against them for wage discrimination. Suspended for 6 months for voicing her opinion? She has every right to do that. Gulati should try to speak up in his native country India, see what happens. In fact he should move there.
      I'm ignorant, how "is it suppose to be played"

Comment

Are we allowed to say "pussies" about the Swedish women's team??
        However, Sweden played, they made it to the finals. The US didn't. I really would like US fans to stop whining. The US team lost!! They couldn't score more than the one goal. Sweden won.
        They played the same way against Brazil. And the Brazil players had the same feeling. Your crooked press however doesn't report that. Enjoy the pack it in style all you want, but that isn't what anyone wants to watch. Many people complained about the US style under Pia but now that she's elsewhere suddenly it's ok to you. I don't like Solo per say, but I support her comments 100%. US Soccer are the cowards here.

Comment

You're an idiot. Sweden did not play the game the way it's supposed to be played. I hope Solo lawyers up because the way I see it, it's clear cut reprisal by US Soccer after she was part of a group that filed an EEOC complaint against them for wage discrimination. Suspended for 6 months for voicing her opinion? She has every right to do that. Gulati should try to speak up in his native country India, see what happens. In fact he should move there.
          Bingo! And a male player wouldn't even get a slap on the wrist for calling another team cowards. Can't believe they fired Solo for an after game comment as mild as that!

Comment

Bingo! And a male player wouldn't even get a slap on the wrist for calling another team cowards. Can't believe they fired Solo for an after game comment as mild as that!

The only group of 'pussies' are Americans and their so-called pseudo-liberal views that, hypocritically, don't seem to be able to tolerate another person's opinion.
            To a prior poster, to say that 'Sweden didn't play the game the way it is supposed to be played' is just ridiculous. I didn't know that there was one particular way that soccer should be played. I didn't know that there was only one strategy. Oh, wait, this might be the same American liberal so 'tolerant' of others??
            Sweden was great. They played the game that suited their players and to battle their particular opponent. Fantastic strategy by their coaches and team. They advanced and the US didn't.

As for Solo....well....at some point the US has to find another goalie anyway. However, if at the next tryout she proves to be the best player their then she should still get the job. What we don't know is if, in their contract, the US federation and coaches, have something written that covers public statements and public persona.

As for selfie-nudies of Solo...unfortunately, I haven't seen them. She is very attractive and with a great figure. Although certainly she should have freedom of expression, as so we should all have, this might be part of what might appear in her contract that we know little about.

To conclude.....to the US women's team (the men are far out of these discussions)....you lost. Start to rebuild the starting lineup and the team. Stop whining.

Comment

complete over-reaction, typical of your thin-skin pc culture. Sweden DID play like a bunch of cowards. Very happy to see them lose in the finals.
              Typical sore losers, its the american way. Get of your high horse, know wonder the world hates the arrogant americans.

Comment

I'm surprised at all of the support. There is no right or wrong way to play. Was it ugly? Yes. Were Hope's comments (including the Zika post) out of line? Incredibly. The Olympics are supposed to be about sportsmanship. Hope's demeanor were the antithesis of this and she should have been reprimanded BEFORE the games if not immediately following the loss to Sweden.

USSF was gutless to wait this long to reprimand her.

Comment

They played the same way against Brazil. And the Brazil players had the same feeling. Your crooked press however doesn't report that. Enjoy the pack it in style all you want, but that isn't what anyone wants to watch. Many people complained about the US style under Pia but now that she's elsewhere suddenly it's ok to you. I don't like Solo per say, but I support her comments 100%. US Soccer are the cowards here.
                  They were cowards for not getting rid of her sooner.

Comment

I'm surprised at all of the support. There is no right or wrong way to play. Was it ugly? Yes. Were Hope's comments (including the Zika post) out of line? Incredibly. The Olympics are supposed to be about sportsmanship. Hope's demeanor were the antithesis of this and she should have been reprimanded BEFORE the games if not immediately following the loss to Sweden.

posted above before I saw this. Totally agree. The combination of weak play at the Olympics, her off field new-worthy antics and poor sportsmanship - and the fact that at 35 she's only got so much realistic time left - was enough for US soccer. Call it being overly sensitive but if they think sponsors or fans will drop support of the team because of it, well, money talks. It's the way it is. She isn't the only GK in this country. time train the next generation

Comment

They were cowards for not getting rid of her sooner.
                      Amen...she should have never played in the world cup, let alone Olympics as she had those charges against her

Comment

Amen...she should have never played in the world cup, let alone Olympics as she had those charges against her
                        Next stop WWE

Comment

You know I never thought of that, but you are absolutely right. She'll dominate the hardcore division.

Comment

Ellis got out coached by PIA and thats all that happened- a coach's job is to give their team a chance to win-its called game planning and every coach in every sport does it.
                            the old saying "its not how, but how many"
                            as far as Hopes comments- she is the best at her position and she said some dumb things after a tough loss
                            if she is still the best in 6 months she will be on the team
                            "DEFENSE wins championships"

Comment

Ellis got out coached by PIA and thats all that happened- a coach's job is to give their team a chance to win-its called game planning and every coach in every sport does it.
                              the old saying "its not how, but how many"
                              as far as Hopes comments- she is the best at her position and she said some dumb things after a tough loss
                              if she is still the best in 6 months she will be on the team
                              "DEFENSE wins championships"
                              Yup, basketball used to allow 4 corners too but they changed the rule to a shot clock because that's not how the game is supposed to be played. Packing 10 in the box is awful soccer. Kudos for doing what you need do to win but playing for pks or a breakaway is horrible for the greater good of the game. US soccer needs an enemia.

Comment

Those slamming Sweden for their style of play don't get it. If you are not as good as your opponent, why should you try to "play pretty" if it means defeat? You play to your strengths if you are undermanned. It's why Jose Mourinho is more successful than Arsene Wegner. Jose will do what it takes to win, and he's a hero for it. Arsene is stuck playing beautiful soccer, and gets mocked for it. Kudos for Sweden for doing what they had to so they could advance. Sucks to watch, yes, but it's not about putting on a show...it's about winning the game.

As for her suspension, they really don't have much of a choice. Every Olympian takes the following oath:

"In the name of all the competitors, I promise that we shall take part in these Olympic Games, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them, committing ourselves to a sport without doping and without drugs, in the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of sport and the honor of our teams."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X