Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope solo suspended

Hope solo had been suspended and her contract has been terminated. What does that mean for the future of the USWNT? Will Naher step in?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hope solo had been suspended and her contract has been terminated. What does that mean for the future of the USWNT? Will Naher step in?
    Time for someone new. Athletes can't play forever and her actions and comments aren't appreciated by US soccer.

Comment

Time for someone new. Athletes can't play forever and her actions and comments aren't appreciated by US soccer.
      I thought she already said that was it.

I could give flying F about her and her future but US Soccer needs to get over itself. Nothing she said was incorrect. Pia and Sweden did play like cowards. The truth hurts.

Comment

Already posted Skippy ...old news

Comment

I could give flying F about her and her future but US Soccer needs to get over itself. Nothing she said was incorrect. Pia and Sweden did play like cowards. The truth hurts.
          To someone who knows soccer that may matter. To the average fan who watches every few years for the Olympics and WC, they don't understand or care. The reaction to her comments were pretty strong even from her own teammates. Image matters because it's all a business.

Comment

Beef curtains.

Comment

Thing is ,Solo was right. Sweden played like cowards. This country's so sensitive. You should hear what European players and managers say about their opponents in post game remarks. What's the big deal? Sweden did not come out to play that day. Pussies!

Comment

Beef curtains.
                Love roast beef!

Comment

Thing is ,Solo was right. Sweden played like cowards. This country's so sensitive. You should hear what European players and managers say about their opponents in post game remarks. What's the big deal? Sweden did not come out to play that day. Pussies!
                  Exactly.

Comment

Actually they played smart soccer.... watch more and get educated.

Comment

Actually they played smart soccer.... watch more and get educated.
                      You're an idiot. Sweden did not play the game the way it's supposed to be played. I hope Solo lawyers up because the way I see it, it's clear cut reprisal by US Soccer after she was part of a group that filed an EEOC complaint against them for wage discrimination. Suspended for 6 months for voicing her opinion? She has every right to do that. Gulati should try to speak up in his native country India, see what happens. In fact he should move there.

Comment

Are we allowed to say "pussies" about the Swedish women's team??
                        However, Sweden played, they made it to the finals. The US didn't. I really would like US fans to stop whining. The US team lost!! They couldn't score more than the one goal. Sweden won.

Comment

complete over-reaction, typical of your thin-skin pc culture. Sweden DID play like a bunch of cowards. Very happy to see them lose in the finals.

Comment

YSweden did not play the game the way it's supposed to be played.
                            I enjoy attractive soccer as much as the next person, but in big games at the highest level, the object is to do what is necessary to win, even if it is not "pretty."

Comment

It's pretty clear that the vast majority of experts are saying that the Sweden "victory" is completely tainted by that garbage style of play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X