Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I didn't know either, so I googled. Notre Dame Academy perhaps?
    Nice work Columbo

Comment

For a non9th grader to play MIAA does require that it approves a waiver. The reason a waiver is granted is basically limited to being unable to field a team without the additional players.

And yes it is really really stupid to put 13/14 year olds on a team with 17/18 year olds.

Comment

For a non9th grader to play MIAA does require that it approves a waiver. The reason a waiver is granted is basically limited to being unable to field a team without the additional players.

And yes it is really really stupid to put 13/14 year olds on a team with 17/18 year olds.

This is made up BS. Your daughter was lousy and you're really really stupid !

Comment

True. These are the rules.

Comment

True. These are the rules.
            Post the documentation Pinocchio.

Comment

FYI there is this amazing new website called Google. Your 13 year old can help if you need it.

Comment

This is made up BS. Your daughter was lousy and you're really really stupid !
                Odd. I would let her know your view except she has a team run this morning. Then as a team captain she and the other captains are taking the freshman out for breakfast. The dorms do not have Sunday breakfast service until Monday. Hopefully she is not too bad as the team's offense runs through her as center mid. in a 4-3-3. Could be a long year if she is lousy.

And yes - 17 and 18 year old girls are at a whole different place academically and most importantly, socially than 13 and 14 year olds.

Comment

FYI there is this amazing new website called Google. Your 13 year old can help if you need it.
                  Well nobody is going to type in your fictitious bs to prove you're lies.

Comment

That's an incredibly broad statement, which makes it easy to pick apart. There are 13 and 14 year olds that can not only compete with 17/18 year olds, but be among the best players on the field. They are a rarity, to be sure, but the top players can do it. The average 13 or 14 year old? No way. I'm talking about girls, not boys.

Comment

Odd. I would let her know your view except she has a team run this morning. Then as a team captain she and the other captains are taking the freshman out for breakfast. The dorms do not have Sunday breakfast service until Monday. Hopefully she is not too bad as the team's offense runs through her as center mid. in a 4-3-3. Could be a long year if she is lousy.

And yes - 17 and 18 year old girls are at a whole different place academically and most importantly, socially than 13 and 14 year olds.
                      Yes, they are different academically and socially from 14 year olds. Different from 15 and 16 year olds too. On the soccer field, the elite players narrow the gap without much difficulty.

Comment

I'm not the guy who answered, but I do like me some TS. Nice way to work in that your D is awesome, and goes to school with Dorms, and by D - I mean Doosh.

For your laziness I provide the following link to and paste from MIAA Handbook
                        http://miaa.net/gen/miaa_generated_b...ndbook1517.pdf

53. Student Eligibility: Middle School Students on Senior High Teams

A middle school student is eligible to represent a senior high school on its athletic teams only when the MIAA member high school includes those grades and they are under the
                        direct “jurisdiction” and “supervision” of the high school principal (see Rule 51 for definitions).

Took me 3.5 minutes to find. #tool

Comment

Interpretation: If the school has an 8th grade under direct control of the HS principal it is entirely up to the coach/school. no wavier needed.

Fair to expect that the coach/principal would consider the readiness of the "whole girl" before offering a varsity spot.

Comment

Interpretation: If the school has an 8th grade under direct control of the HS principal it is entirely up to the coach/school. no wavier needed.

Fair to expect that the coach/principal would consider the readiness of the "whole girl" before offering a varsity spot.
                            Realistic to expect that the coach would consider the soccer readiness of the girl before offering a varsity spot. The coach then communicates to her captains and top players to watch out for the younger kids, help them along and make sure they feel welcome, just like they would for an incoming freshman stud. "Whole girl" is not considered, unless you're in Lala land.

Comment

Realistic to expect that the coach would consider the soccer readiness of the girl before offering a varsity spot. The coach then communicates to her captains and top players to watch out for the younger kids, help them along and make sure they feel welcome, just like they would for an incoming freshman stud. "Whole girl" is not considered, unless you're in Lala land.
                              Sounds like we differ on the definition of "whole girl". I think any mediocre to good coach considers the emotional, social, and physical readiness of every player he or she brings on a team. The very good coaches often weigh team chemistry higher than individual skills. 8th grader is no different than 9th grader or that junior whose technical skills can't offset her selfish behavior.

Comment

Post the documentation Pinocchio.
                                Search yourself *****hole.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X