Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Quick search from Got Soccer was easy enough .... Eclipse Select Challenge Cup
    Even better was just waiting here, and have you get it and then deliver it.

Comment

Yes for Stars Cup
      You can't be serious?

Comment

You can't be serious?
        Care to explain what the issue is? I'm genuinely confused by your comment. The OP was simply clarifying which accepted teams list they were referring to earlier in the thread. Unless you are one of those vagueposters.

Comment

Care to explain what the issue is? I'm genuinely confused by your comment. The OP was simply clarifying which accepted teams list they were referring to earlier in the thread. Unless you are one of those vagueposters.
          If he found this site surely he or she can type "stars cup 2016" no?

Comment

They posted "Applied Teams" list.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/t...&eventid=52927

Comment

Brackets are out!

https://www.gotsport.com/asp/directo...Group=Girls_14

Comment

The boys side is sad.

At least NEFC isn't as terrible as GPS when they run a tournament. GPS likes to populate 80% of the top brakets with their own teams. At least NEFC looks to be under 50%.

All the U12 and U13 Bolts teams have moved on to DAP. That should help GPS and NEFC.

Either way it stands to reason that the U12 division will be a shell of itself based on the U12 DAP teams NEFC and GPS have now. Those kids can no longer compete in these tournaments.

Comment

The boys side is sad.

At least NEFC isn't as terrible as GPS when they run a tournament. GPS likes to populate 80% of the top brakets with their own teams. At least NEFC looks to be under 50%.

All the U12 and U13 Bolts teams have moved on to DAP. That should help GPS and NEFC.

Either way it stands to reason that the U12 division will be a shell of itself based on the U12 DAP teams NEFC and GPS have now. Those kids can no longer compete in these tournaments.
                  Get some help. You can't avoid interjecting GPS into any discussion, can you?

Do you go on a home and garden message board and complain about GPS, too?

Jealousy is the most sincere form of flattery

Comment

Get some help. You can't avoid interjecting GPS into any discussion, can you?

Do you go on a home and garden message board and complain about GPS, too?

Jealousy is the most sincere form of flattery
                    Did you look at the brackets?

U12 A = 2 NEFC teams, 2 GPS teams
                    U13 A = 1 NEFC team, 3 GPS teams

It's hard not to talk about them since they've jumped in the tournament bed together.

Comment

Did you look at the brackets?

U12 A = 2 NEFC teams, 2 GPS teams
                      U13 A = 1 NEFC team, 3 GPS teams

It's hard not to talk about them since they've jumped in the tournament bed together.
                      So? Some groups have none, some have one, some have two. 240 teams, and I figure there's about 25 or so across all the ages and genders. Seems in-line with expectations. None of the GPS teams directly have anything to do with each other. We don't even know any of the other players on any of the other teams more than we do from any other clubs altogether.

Sure, it's real easy to not talk about them when the subject isn't about them. When you go to type G-P-S, think "wait, this is about NEFC's tournament". And stop.

Pretty simple, actually.

Comment

So? Some groups have none, some have one, some have two. 240 teams, and I figure there's about 25 or so across all the ages and genders. Seems in-line with expectations. None of the GPS teams directly have anything to do with each other. We don't even know any of the other players on any of the other teams more than we do from any other clubs altogether.

Sure, it's real easy to not talk about them when the subject isn't about them. When you go to type G-P-S, think "wait, this is about NEFC's tournament". And stop.

Pretty simple, actually.
                        Maybe GPS is taking over NEFC.

Comment

Pretty simple, actually.
                          The entire thing looks like NEFC vs GPS with a couple of SSS teams sprinkled in and some scrubs thrown in here and there to fill the brackets.

Comment

The entire thing looks like NEFC vs GPS with a couple of SSS teams sprinkled in and some scrubs thrown in here and there to fill the brackets.
                            And...your point?

I look at it as my kid plays in a tournament, actually several, during the year. They generally do well, if there's knock-out rounds she advance 2/3 of the time, make the finals occasionally, and win maybe once a year. Almost all games are competitive.

That tells me she is playing at the correct competition level. She is able to learn and apply her skills without getting crushed, as she's not at that level. She's also not out crushing someone else, as that's just as much of a waste of time. She bonds with her teammates, has a blast, and gives her a good run-out for the weekend.

I could care less what it says on the front of the jersey across from her. Neither does she.

Comment

The boys side is sad.

As I understand it, the u12 DAP teams are actually birth year 2004? That the "most elite" boys league in Mass happens to be the only one that doesn't have to follow the new birth year mandates? So not sure I agree with reasoning that the u12 age group (2005) has yet been fleeced by DAP to the extent you might suggest. But I'm glad to be wrong on this one....so please jump all over me if I've misunderstood.

Comment

As I understand it, the u12 DAP teams are actually birth year 2004? That the "most elite" boys league in Mass happens to be the only one that doesn't have to follow the new birth year mandates? So not sure I agree with reasoning that the u12 age group (2005) has yet been fleeced by DAP to the extent you might suggest. But I'm glad to be wrong on this one....so please jump all over me if I've misunderstood.
                                I could be wrong here, but I believe the U12 DAP clubs had to round up enough kids to fill two teams (U12 DAP schedule has two games listed each weekend). At least at our club, they pulled quite a few of the top 2005 kids to help fill these rosters, so you may indeed see some degree of drop off in quality at the U12 level in this tournament from clubs fielding DAP teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X