Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I hate to bring a ray of sunshine to y'alls wet blanket bingo, but I look forward to these tournaments. Parents get along, girls have a blast, we add in a fun excursion - not everyone cup of tea, but I cherish it. With one in college, I've experienced how quickly the middle school window closes. I'm just as sensitive to costs as the next family, and especially for holiday weekends I find soccer tourneys a cheaper alternative to chasing The Joneses
    Yes there's that - and I have one already in college and another closing in so I totally get it. But there's also the costs and the simple pain in the azz of killing three days. Last year was the first time we didn't have a Labor Day tourney (middle one in HS, oldest in college) and I have to say it was GREAT. No need to go away - got to hang out, see friends, do some non-soccer family activities. It was refreshing and great for our youngest who gets dragged to all his siblings soccer games all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Yes there's that - and I have one already in college and another closing in so I totally get it. But there's also the costs and the simple pain in the azz of killing three days. Last year was the first time we didn't have a Labor Day tourney (middle one in HS, oldest in college) and I have to say it was GREAT. No need to go away - got to hang out, see friends, do some non-soccer family activities. It was refreshing and great for our youngest who gets dragged to all his siblings soccer games all the time.
      To each his own, this was actually a good thread not too many lewd comments. I love watching my D play but a 2 day tourney is enough for us. I like having that one extra day to go to family cookout, beach, etc..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X