X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could not agree more!!

Comment

According to my wife - clean REAL bathrooms with running water and soap. If not available then clean port a potties that get cleaned each night (have to agree with her on that one - an entire weekend's worth in one of those things is nasty)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        agree!!!!
        YES! Just got our Labor Day schedule, one game per day over 2 days 😡. First tourney we have had to do this. What a waste.

Comment

YES! Just got our Labor Day schedule, one game per day over 2 days 😡. First tourney we have had to do this. What a waste.
          Oops I meant over 3 days.

Comment

I figure everyone's answer will be different but here's mine..

1. All the games need to be in the same location. I have multiple kids on different teams and if we can just walk to the next game its a big plus, especially when game times overlap.

2. Enough entries that every level has appropriate competition. My kids are all at different levels so its no fun to either go to a tournament and beat everyone 10-0 or lose 10-0 every game.

3. Good fields.

4. Good refs.

5. Runs on time.

6. Far enough away that you need a hotel, but not a plane. Part of the fun of tournaments for us is staying with the team and the team building aspect of it. But its expensive, so a plane ride away is over the top to me.
            The ones with hot milfs on the sidelines. Preferably in mid summer.

Comment

Oops I meant over 3 days.
              The worst. Kills the whole weekend, especially if the games are mid-day. If you get morning or late afternoon at least you can do something for much of the day. I think it takes momentum out of the team also.

Comment

The worst. Kills the whole weekend, especially if the games are mid-day. If you get morning or late afternoon at least you can do something for much of the day. I think it takes momentum out of the team also.
                With 1 game each day, looks like playoffs will be Monday afternoon :( Kind of hoping they won't make playoffs. I know that sounds terrible :)

Comment

With 1 game each day, looks like playoffs will be Monday afternoon :( Kind of hoping they won't make playoffs. I know that sounds terrible :)
                  believe me it happens all the time with parents, my own kids teams too - the parents want to get out of Dodge on Sunday and don't want that 3rd day, but they just hope that scores aren't blowouts too. This isn't just one or two vocal parents, it's fairly universal. Extra cost of hotel night, rougher travel on a holiday monday, etc - who needs it.

Comment

We've all secretly wished that.

Comment

We've all secretly wished that.
                      Yes for sure! The general hope is that they lose, but that the game is tight score-wise so everyone leaves with their heads high.

Comment

Yes for sure! The general hope is that they lose, but that the game is tight score-wise so everyone leaves with their heads high.
                        lol exactly. "Oh darn honey. Great game, really close, but that's how it goes sometimes. We'll have to go home now". (tires squealing out of the parking lot; no stopping to pee or get food on the way home)

Comment

lol exactly. "Oh darn honey. Great game, really close, but that's how it goes sometimes. We'll have to go home now". (tires squealing out of the parking lot; no stopping to pee or get food on the way home)
                          HAHA!! So true. One game scheduled for Sat, Sun, Mon really sucks. You are Guaranteed to be there all three days then longer if playoffs. Abbey Villa??

Comment

HAHA!! So true. One game scheduled for Sat, Sun, Mon really sucks. You are Guaranteed to be there all three days then longer if playoffs. Abbey Villa??
                            Well, just hope for three hard-fought losses and then rocket out of there as soon as the Monday game is over. The pro move is to have the car warming up during the final 10 minutes of the game.

Comment

I hate to bring a ray of sunshine to y'alls wet blanket bingo, but I look forward to these tournaments. Parents get along, girls have a blast, we add in a fun excursion - not everyone cup of tea, but I cherish it. With one in college, I've experienced how quickly the middle school window closes. I'm just as sensitive to costs as the next family, and especially for holiday weekends I find soccer tourneys a cheaper alternative to chasing The Joneses

Comment

Well, just hope for three hard-fought losses and then rocket out of there as soon as the Monday game is over. The pro move is to have the car warming up during the final 10 minutes of the game.
                                This is all too funny...I remember last Memorial Day weekend(I think) we had a sunday afternoon game with the winner advancing to playoffs on Monday. I believe it was going to absolutely pour rain the next day and in between every cheer we kept saying among ourselves how we really didnt want to come back. And the funnier part was after we lost a close game, we ran into some parents in the parking lot and were commiserating with them on having to come back for the Monday games.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X