Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's all about league identity separating the good form the bad.
    Plenty of good players on those teams that play for satellites, they are stuck there because the club can barely field a team in the age group and the parents don't want to drive 50 minutes to a practice. I think this will drive kids out at the 14 and 15 age groups going forward. Parents spending $$$ for this remember your kids are viewed as BAD!

Comment

Just makes it more of a pain for families with kids in different divisions. It's obvious that some divisions are higher than others, why go through the trouble to put them on separate pages? At least put links on both main schedule pages, so families can easily click from one to the other.
      you got to TS so I believe you wont have any problems.. the team manager usually deals with much of this so it should not be an issue

Comment

Wait a minute if I now have to say my kid plays in NEC and have to pay $2500 a year that sucks. Going to pull him off that team and go back to lowest level of town soccer that he was on before playing elite soccer.

Comment

Wait a minute if I now have to say my kid plays in NEC and have to pay $2500 a year that sucks. Going to pull him off that team and go back to lowest level of town soccer that he was on before playing elite soccer.
          Who would pay $2500 to play in the basement of the NEP. Wow...

Comment

Can someone explain the hierarchy of NEP & NEC? What is the order of levels in each league/division. My kids team plays in League 1? I have no idea what that means?

Comment

I think we all know the answer to that.

Comment

Can someone explain the hierarchy of NEP & NEC? What is the order of levels in each league/division. My kids team plays in League 1? I have no idea what that means?
                Premiership
                Championship
                League

And the subdivisions are mainly for geographic groupings.

Comment

I know this will come off sounding douchey, and it really does not mean to, but here goes anyway ... in most things in life and especially in any kind of rankings... Is it not the items listed at the top, either the best or strongest? So it stands to reason that the items listed at the bottom, would be the weakest. No different in those NEC divisions. The further your kids division is to the bottom, the weaker the division.

As far as NEP goes ... Those teams are higher than all those in NEC. League 1 teams are the weakest divisions of them all.

That being said, if your kid is happy, and the competition is equal and you can afford the bill... Have a great season!

Comment

Looks like League 1 is 2nd Tier of NEC. I'd say it goes something like this:

NEP Premiership
                    NEP Premiership 1 (with associated Region)
                    NEC Championship (with associated Region)
                    NEC League 1 (with associated Region)
                    NED Taunton (I see for some younger groups, assume it's lower)

Above NEP you have NPL and ECNL. Not sure if I missed anything up higher, not something we are a part of.

Comment

I know this will come off sounding douchey, and it really does not mean to, but here goes anyway ... in most things in life and especially in any kind of rankings... Is it not the items listed at the top, either the best or strongest? So it stands to reason that the items listed at the bottom, would be the weakest. No different in those NEC divisions. The further your kids division is to the bottom, the weaker the division.

As far as NEP goes ... Those teams are higher than all those in NEC. League 1 teams are the weakest divisions of them all.

That being said, if your kid is happy, and the competition is equal and you can afford the bill... Have a great season!
                      Is League 1 similar to town soccer?

Comment

Painting with huge brush strokes, yes. That said, there are many 'Town' teams that are in all likelihood much stronger than the average League 1 team. And there are likely many teams worse.

Comment

How come the word "elite" is not used anywhere? Are any of these teams elite or are they all just decent?

Comment

How come the word "elite" is not used anywhere? Are any of these teams elite or are they all just decent?
                            Elite is subjective, based on the individual team. Some clubs use Elite, some use Premier, etc.

I just allocates their own classifications...we used A and B growing up, but calling it Elite sounds cooler, I guess.

Comment

Elite is subjective, based on the individual team. Some clubs use Elite, some use Premier, etc.

I just allocates their own classifications...we used A and B growing up, but calling it Elite sounds cooler, I guess.
                              If an NEC team wins it's division can they be promoted to NEP?

Comment

If an NEC team wins it's division can they be promoted to NEP?
                                Perhaps only if they win a top Championship Division. I assume winning a League 1 division might only get up to Championship. Pretty much is the same as when all these divisions were in NEP.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X