Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groton

Groton has gotten their results without the help of the starting attacking and holding center mids. Both resting minor injuries and held out of games so far.

Comment

Looks like it's going to be a very competitive season

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Groton has gotten their results without the help of the starting attacking and holding center mids. Both resting minor injuries and held out of games so far.
        A minor injury = a game
        A minor injury = multiple games = soft player over involved parent

Comment

A minor injury = a game
          Dumb post. Most likely they are staying out of meaningless non-league games so they will be as ready as possible for the start of ISL competition. Ever think of that?

Comment

finger pointing by parents is always the best team building for adolescent athletes.

Comment

Dumb post. Most likely they are staying out of meaningless non-league games so they will be as ready as possible for the start of ISL competition. Ever think of that?
              Bingo. Thank you for posting this. Can't wait to see these two players out on the pitch again.

And yes, what an odd post replying to my original comment. Sounds like something I would expect from an ayso parent.

Comment

A minor injury = a game
                Heard Pingree will be without their top returning scorers for the year. Any truth to this?

Comment

Bingo. Thank you for posting this. Can't wait to see these two players out on the pitch again.

And yes, what an odd post replying to my original comment. Sounds like something I would expect from an ayso parent.
                  You have to know the parents are behind the players sitting. No coach "saves" players like is being portrayed. If a kid is hurt they sit until they are cleared. If a player is dinged they play some unless mommy or daddy say otherwise.

Comment

bingo

Comment

You have to know the parents are behind the players sitting. No coach "saves" players like is being portrayed. If a kid is hurt they sit until they are cleared. If a player is dinged they play some unless mommy or daddy say otherwise.
                      Wrong again clown, but don't let that stop you from posting even more nonsense next time.

Comment

Thread hijacked by dingbat

Right..... You just proved my ayso parent theory. The age of meddling/helicopter parents should be well behind us by now. I can only imagine the daggers my dd would shoot me if I told her, or the coach to pull her out of a game for "ding" injury. Are there any parents around that still do that? These parents make it harder for their child to make a roster next season. Just bring your beach chair, sunscreen and enjoy the game. Or since I am still getting used to east coast prep soccer, bring your parka and mittens :)

The Groton coach is doing the right thing. No parents are behind his decision. most coaches would make that very decision. I won't elaborate on the injuries in case you are on a fishing expedition. Suffice to say Groton's record to date is not too shabby considering both their starting field quarterbacks are watching from the bench.

Cheers to all those playing, and here's to an injury free season for all of our daughters. Mine should be back out there soon.

Comment

Talking soccer

I have been following the Groton injury talk. I don't have any information. However, i don't think that I would have held out the two players so that they were ready for ISL competition. If they were able to play, then play them. If they were hurt, keep them out. Over the years posters have said that The NEPSAC tournament is what coaches shoot for; not an ISL title.

Comment

I have been following the Groton injury talk. I don't have any information. However, i don't think that I would have held out the two players so that they were ready for ISL competition. If they were able to play, then play them. If they were hurt, keep them out. Over the years posters have said that The NEPSAC tournament is what coaches shoot for; not an ISL title.
                            Are NEPSAC standings posted anywhere?

Comment

You don't know the ISL then. ISL comes first at most ISL, then the NEPSAC comes second. If you win the first, odds are that you will be playing on the last day for the second.

Comment

Are NEPSAC standings posted anywhere?
                                No such thing. The NEPSAC tournament takes place at the end of the regular season and involves the best teams from schools that have participated in the various prep/private leagues; ISL, EIL, Founders, etc. in the tourney, brackets are set based on the Class of the school; A, B, C, D which is more or less determined by the overall enrollment figures, with occasional exceptions.

Bottom line: NEPSAC standings, if there ever were such a thing, would be meaningless.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X