2016 Boys Fall High School Soccer Season

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preseason Top 25 (it's preseason no one knows much here fill us in!)

1. Braintree
    2. Brockton
    3. Acton-Boxboro
    4. Nauset
    5. Lincoln-Sudbury
    6. Norwell
    7. East Boston
    8. concord-Carlisle
    9. Somerville
    10. Winchester
    11. Needham
    12. New Bedford
    13. Masconomet
    14. St. John's Prep
    15. Norton
    16. Lexington
    17. Franklin
    18. Weymouth
    19. Medford
    20. Danvers
    21. Oliver Ames
    22. Pembroke
    23. Foxboro
    24. King Phillips
    25. Sharon
    Mansfield
    Durfee
    Brookline
    Framingham
    Wellesley
    Hingham
    Walpole
    Silver Lake

Others( don't know enough):Swampscott, Burlington, Lowell, North Andover, Everett, Dartmouth. Maldon Reading Medway

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Weymouth current seniors lost in the u14 MToc finals, their current freshman sophomores lost in the u12 finals and then made it there the next 2 years in u14 to states in a league with Brockton Braintree Sharon etc... Great success in youth a lot of private schoolers recently
      Weymouth's current freshmen and sophomores did not do well in U14 at MTOC. I'm not sure they even made it to the final four.

Comment

They lost in the finals to a team from Dorchester. The year was 2013 if My math is right

Comment

Didn't make it to final 4 u14 in 2015

Comment

1. Braintree
            2. Brockton
            3. Acton-Boxboro
            4. Nauset
            5. Lincoln-Sudbury
            6. Norwell
            7. East Boston
            8. concord-Carlisle
            9. Somerville
            10. Winchester
            11. Needham
            12. New Bedford
            13. Masconomet
            14. St. John's Prep
            15. Norton
            16. Lexington
            17. Franklin
            18. Weymouth
            19. Medford
            20. Danvers
            21. Oliver Ames
            22. Pembroke
            23. Foxboro
            24. King Phillips
            25. Sharon
            Mansfield
            Durfee
            Brookline
            Framingham
            Wellesley
            Hingham
            Walpole
            Silver Lake

Others( don't know enough):Swampscott, Burlington, Lowell, North Andover, Everett, Dartmouth. Maldon Reading Medway
            Best list yet... Framingham AND Brookline out doesn't sound right. Lowell could be up by Medford for sure

Comment

In fact club players are ineligible for spring soccer/MTOC at U16 and above.
              No they are not. You CAN Double Roster ALL Age Group S now.

Comment

1. Braintree
                2. Brockton
                3. Acton-Boxboro
                4. Nauset
                5. Lincoln-Sudbury
                6. Norwell
                7. East Boston
                8. concord-Carlisle
                9. Somerville
                10. Winchester
                11. Needham
                12. New Bedford
                13. Masconomet
                14. St. John's Prep
                15. Norton
                16. Lexington
                17. Franklin
                18. Weymouth
                19. Medford
                20. Danvers
                21. Oliver Ames
                22. Pembroke
                23. Foxboro
                24. King Phillips
                25. Sharon
                Mansfield
                Durfee
                Brookline
                Framingham
                Wellesley
                Hingham
                Walpole
                Silver Lake

Keep sleeping on Weymouth.

Comment

Keep sleeping on Weymouth.
                  Weymouth has had talented freshmen classes the past two years and will continue for the next several years. The only issue going forward will be kids choosing private schools or DAP over going to Weymouth high school. In my eyes this years varsity team needs to make a deep run in order to maybe keep a player here or there away from a private school. I'm not sure Weymouth has the fire power to do it but who knows once it comes tournament time. LS shouldn't have even made it out of the first round last year.... Framingham missed a PK in 2OT that would've ended there run, but anything is possible come tournament time.

This year and years to come will be very interesting for weymouth soccer

Comment

1. Braintree
                    2. Brockton
                    3. Acton-Boxboro
                    4. Nauset
                    5. Lincoln-Sudbury
                    6. Norwell
                    7. East Boston
                    8. concord-Carlisle
                    9. Somerville
                    10. Winchester
                    11. Needham
                    12. New Bedford
                    13. Masconomet
                    14. St. John's Prep
                    15. Norton
                    16. Lexington
                    17. Franklin
                    18. Weymouth
                    19. Medford
                    20. Danvers
                    21. Oliver Ames
                    22. Pembroke
                    23. Foxboro
                    24. King Phillips
                    25. Sharon
                    Mansfield
                    Durfee
                    Brookline
                    Framingham
                    Wellesley
                    Hingham
                    Walpole
                    Silver Lake

Much better list than Alex's...However Norwell might be a bit too high. They are good but a placement around 15 is more appropriate. Somerville shouldn't be in top 20 either.

Comment

Alex will you be running the twitter acount again that you started last year, it was very informative
                      @MaHsSoccer

Comment

Weymouth has had talented freshmen classes the past two years and will continue for the next several years. The only issue going forward will be kids choosing private schools or DAP over going to Weymouth high school. In my eyes this years varsity team needs to make a deep run in order to maybe keep a player here or there away from a private school. I'm not sure Weymouth has the fire power to do it but who knows once it comes tournament time. LS shouldn't have even made it out of the first round last year.... Framingham missed a PK in 2OT that would've ended there run, but anything is possible come tournament time.

This year and years to come will be very interesting for weymouth soccer
                        No one is deciding between private school and Weymouth because of the high school soccer record. Weymouth is full of Irish laborers and they all send their kids to Catholic school.

Comment

No one is deciding between private school and Weymouth because of the high school soccer record. Weymouth is full of Irish laborers and they all send their kids to Catholic school.
                          In general I agree but I would guess some of the very best players may choose to play DAP or ISL over Weymouth HS. I didn't go to Weymouth but the 2 best players in my class went to ISL schools and got full rides to D1 schools.

Comment

Something to consider about SL is their home advantage. It's small and natural - requires an adjustment for opponents. More credit then to X eliminating SL last year. X outplayed SL and deserved the result, but with X's best player graduated, X will be less of a threat this year unless new players recruited.

Alex, while there's been a lot of acceptance that Brockton will be as good as last year, it seemed to be blind acceptance, or an assumption of typical squad turnover. Now we've also heard that no, Brockton graduated most of its top guys. So Brockton maybe not as much a threat to Braintree as you think.
                            Also, why Needham so high? 2-3 returning starters, and key attacker graduated. Do you those undefeated JV players are that good? Not insulting them, believe they ARE good, just not top 5 in the state, at least not this year. Think they'll be less prolific offensively, so more close games, some of which won't go their way. Maybe 9 league wins?
                            It's really still in the preseason, where nobody has played any games. The preseason polls are mostly to get a better understanding of which teams to watch out for during the regular and post season. I would have no issue with someone putting Braintree over Brockton.

Some of the players from the undefeated JV squad should make a little bit of an impact, but it's mostly it's the nonstarters from last year that will need to step up. The fact that the JV team was excellent last year "could" suggest that Needham had a strong bench, since they weren't bringing guys up from the JV last season. It's mostly based on past history over the past 5 seasons. Needham has only lost 3 regular season games in the past 4 years. Unless they prove otherwise, I have them as a Top 5 team to start the season. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking worse case scenario they come out with 3 league losses.

I have to admit, my preseason polls aren't the greatest, but it should be more on target by game 5 or 6.
                            Last edited by AlexFilides; 09-06-2016, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Alex will you be running the twitter acount again that you started last year, it was very informative
                              I usually only do it for the postseason, which I'll probably do again this year.

Comment

1. Braintree
                                2. Brockton
                                3. Acton-Boxboro
                                4. Nauset
                                5. Lincoln-Sudbury
                                6. Norwell
                                7. East Boston
                                8. concord-Carlisle
                                9. Somerville
                                10. Winchester
                                11. Needham
                                12. New Bedford
                                13. Masconomet
                                14. St. John's Prep
                                15. Norton
                                16. Lexington
                                17. Franklin
                                18. Weymouth
                                19. Medford
                                20. Danvers
                                21. Oliver Ames
                                22. Pembroke
                                23. Foxboro
                                24. King Phillips
                                25. Sharon
                                Mansfield
                                Durfee
                                Brookline
                                Framingham
                                Wellesley
                                Hingham
                                Walpole
                                Silver Lake

The ones that stick out as deserving justification are L-S, C-C and Needham. L-S had a super tourney run on top of a not-great regular season. Did their top players graduate, and therefore are they too high? C-C has had excellent records for several years, but they play a softer schedule because of D2 tourney, and also graduated many of their leaders. They've shown they can reload, but for D2. Needham very much counting on last year's (indefeated?)jv.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X