Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not there, nor am I stars parent, but looks like both U13 & U14 Stars teams lost out on playoffs by tie-breaker. They both had same record as team that advanced out of their brackets.
    Correction: I amend this post. Just looked again. The top team in 2003 (U14) won all 3 games in their bracket, whereas Stars ECNL lost one to them. (The 2004's are the ones that lost on a tie breaker).

Comment

Its a bit shocking that a Nebraska team would beat this group. I had no idea Nebraska produced top level players.

Comment

Its a bit shocking that a Nebraska team would beat this group. I had no idea Nebraska produced top level players.
        That is a pretty interesting and suggestive statement. I guess it depends on the meaning of "top level players"

Comment

The 2003 List (Still in no particular order) Weekend Preview:

1. Stars: After cruising through the Friday games, Stars get RKO outta nowhere by Mutual of Omaha on Saturday. No comment from the Stars thus far, they are clearly onto FCB.
          2. FCB: All of a sudden the Cranberry Cup doesn't look half bad. Next up...El Clasico
          3. Breakers (NEFC): NEFC Fall Kick Off. Bracket A match up with GPS on Saturday. Hmmm...
          4. GPS: See above.
          5. Liverpool FC: Want to silence the doubters, win Bracket B and do well in the finals.
          6. SSS: Bracket C (aka Bracket of Death) of the Spirit Cup. HMMS Eagles...again!?!
          7. Aztecs: Bracket A (the "easy" Bracket) of the Spirit Cup. Beat AFFC Force and advance.
          8. Stars West: First shot at FCB this weekend. Another interesting NPL v. ECNL match up.

Additional Thoughts:
          -Let's face it, the TS Universe is much more "interesting" when the Stars and Scorps face off. After the Scorpion Bowl, for instance, both camps nearly broke the internet/TS as we were treated to a solid month of Scorps parents chanting "We're #1..." like the bullies from Race for Your Life Charlie Brown and a solid month of the Stars proffering reasons for the loss:"Our keeper was injured...the ref stunk...FM drugged our gatorade bottles at half time" (Ok, I made that one up)...but you get the picture. TS life is just better when they play.
          -NEFC places the Breakers and the reigning New England NPL Champs (GPS) in the same Bracket. Seemingly going against the trend of placing the other top ranked team in a different Bracket in order to set up a cracker of a final. BUT...Me thinks NB wants his pound of flesh and is not waiting for the finals to get it. Great match up to start the tournament.
          -Spirit Cup Prediction: SSS and Penn Fusion reach the Championship game.
          -Preseason is over...time for Big girl soccer. Good luck to all teams this weekend, and particularly to SSS and Aztecs at the Spirit Cup.

Comment

Does anyone know if these teams playing this weekend and next weekend will be missing players due to high school? I know my daughters team is playing in NEFC this weekend and she has 6 eight graders that are having high school tryouts this weekend so they will not be attending.

From my perspective I think this stinks. To be missing this many kids going to a tournament is really aggravating. Before you ask, I did speak to my daughters coach and he told me that he didn't know that this was happening til this week.

What a mess

Comment

Does anyone know if these teams playing this weekend and next weekend will be missing players due to high school? I know my daughters team is playing in NEFC this weekend and she has 6 eight graders that are having high school tryouts this weekend so they will not be attending.

From my perspective I think this stinks. To be missing this many kids going to a tournament is really aggravating. Before you ask, I did speak to my daughters coach and he told me that he didn't know that this was happening til this week.

What a mess
              Typically 8'th graders don't tryout for HS sports so obviously the coach was thrown a cure ball. I assume your D is a 2003 kid. All 2002 parents and coaches knew about the fall season mix & match to form teams.

I would assume your daughters team will be combined with another team. Nefc may pull out one team in that age group and distribute those players amoung teams which have a short roster.

Comment

I am so confused how, given the birth year change, you could have an opinion on a "list". I do love the effort and I enjoy the comments, but I think everyone is under estimating the shuffle that occurred. I am a 03 parent, but I did talk to an 02 parent who played the past weekend. The overall discussion, from all teams, was that their team (meaning most of them) was not the same. Think about the percentage of players that changed teams this year. Now if you somehow did some preseason due diligence and have an opinion based on that knowledge, then it would be valid. It would also be really weird. Just saying I think folks may be very surprised the changes that occurred all over the country. It is something that hasn't really ever happened.

I for one can say that I am not going to be shocked as to future order of the list.

The 2003 List (Still in no particular order) Weekend Preview:

1. Stars: After cruising through the Friday games, Stars get RKO outta nowhere by Mutual of Omaha on Saturday. No comment from the Stars thus far, they are clearly onto FCB.
                2. FCB: All of a sudden the Cranberry Cup doesn't look half bad. Next up...El Clasico
                3. Breakers (NEFC): NEFC Fall Kick Off. Bracket A match up with GPS on Saturday. Hmmm...
                4. GPS: See above.
                5. Liverpool FC: Want to silence the doubters, win Bracket B and do well in the finals.
                6. SSS: Bracket C (aka Bracket of Death) of the Spirit Cup. HMMS Eagles...again!?!
                7. Aztecs: Bracket A (the "easy" Bracket) of the Spirit Cup. Beat AFFC Force and advance.
                8. Stars West: First shot at FCB this weekend. Another interesting NPL v. ECNL match up.

Additional Thoughts:
                -Let's face it, the TS Universe is much more "interesting" when the Stars and Scorps face off. After the Scorpion Bowl, for instance, both camps nearly broke the internet/TS as we were treated to a solid month of Scorps parents chanting "We're #1..." like the bullies from Race for Your Life Charlie Brown and a solid month of the Stars proffering reasons for the loss:"Our keeper was injured...the ref stunk...FM drugged our gatorade bottles at half time" (Ok, I made that one up)...but you get the picture. TS life is just better when they play.
                -NEFC places the Breakers and the reigning New England NPL Champs (GPS) in the same Bracket. Seemingly going against the trend of placing the other top ranked team in a different Bracket in order to set up a cracker of a final. BUT...Me thinks NB wants his pound of flesh and is not waiting for the finals to get it. Great match up to start the tournament.
                -Spirit Cup Prediction: SSS and Penn Fusion reach the Championship game.
                -Preseason is over...time for Big girl soccer. Good luck to all teams this weekend, and particularly to SSS and Aztecs at the Spirit Cup.

Comment

Stars have friendlies this weekend with FC Boston ECNL

Comment

I am so confused how, given the birth year change, you could have an opinion on a "list". I do love the effort and I enjoy the comments, but I think everyone is under estimating the shuffle that occurred. I am a 03 parent, but I did talk to an 02 parent who played the past weekend. The overall discussion, from all teams, was that their team (meaning most of them) was not the same. Think about the percentage of players that changed teams this year. Now if you somehow did some preseason due diligence and have an opinion based on that knowledge, then it would be valid. It would also be really weird. Just saying I think folks may be very surprised the changes that occurred all over the country. It is something that hasn't really ever happened.

I for one can say that I am not going to be shocked as to future order of the list.
                    I quite agree, it is incredibly premature to rank any of these teams at this point. The 2003 List was more of a preview of things (schedule) to come and an update of preseason results. All we have thus far is the Cranberry Cup results and the Eclipse Challenge Cup the Stars traveled to. That is why I added the caveat of "in no particular order". Plenty going on this weekend and I believe a 2003 list can be gleaned from the results.

Comment

The list is nothing more than an opinion from one person that is based on results and past team and club performance. Please do not take offense to anything posted. It is merely to drum up good conversation and discussion regarding the teams on the list or the teams that feel they should be on the list. Just a bit of fun and banter.

Not the list guy, but I love the list. PS: My daughters team is on the list but I think that they should be ranked higher than they are! :-)

Comment

Nice results from SSS and Aztecs NPL this weekend, both of them made the playoffs and lost to the eventual champs.

NEFC Kickoff Cup results were interesting. Breakers ECNL winning easily was not a surprise but the GPS, Liverpool and NEFC/Breakers NPL teams all lost to NEP teams.

Comment

Nice results from SSS and Aztecs NPL this weekend, both of them made the playoffs and lost to the eventual champs.

NEFC Kickoff Cup results were interesting. Breakers ECNL winning easily was not a surprise but the GPS, Liverpool and NEFC/Breakers NPL teams all lost to NEP teams.
                          I can't speak for any other team but nefc npl will be just fine. The entire team but 3 players are new. They just had two team practice sessions prior to tourney. The scores do not reflect what happened on the field.

Comment

I can't speak for any other team but nefc npl will be just fine. The entire team but 3 players are new. They just had two team practice sessions prior to tourney. The scores do not reflect what happened on the field.
                            I got news for you, if we are talking about a B team from NEFC , they will have an uphill battle. Teams like Select and OW from Ct are going to eat their lunch.

Comment

Again there is going to be a huge change in all teams. Lets give it a few weeks before any lists. Lets collect some sample data and then form an opinion we can all disagree with!

Comment

I got news for you, if we are talking about a B team from NEFC , they will have an uphill battle. Teams like Select and OW from Ct are going to eat their lunch.
                                I can see SSS as the favorite to win out the npl. However I'm not betting the farm on Oakwood.

You clearly are mistaken on the nefc b team comment as its nefc' top team now. The deal with breakers will force owners to pay special attention to their npl teams as its the only teams that will carry their badge and continue the recruiting cycle. Offcourse this is only once the ownership principals process the reality of long term outcome.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X