Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEP classifications

Hi. I was just wondering if anyone can explain how NEP leagues are ranked? I mean I see premiersh oil p, elite, red, blue etc etc and have no idea what they stand for.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi. I was just wondering if anyone can explain how NEP leagues are ranked? I mean I see premiersh oil p, elite, red, blue etc etc and have no idea what they stand for.
    Ask your coach or doc.

Comment

Premiership is tops, followed by Premiership 1, Championship, and League 1 is bottom. Each of these divisions might be sub-divided by region.

Comment

Premiership is tops, followed by Premiership 1, Championship, and League 1 is bottom. Each of these divisions might be sub-divided by region.
        Agreed, but it can get confusing if they add in colors (not sure if they had this this year, I don't see it on the one group that I am looking at). Meaning, last year, there was "Red", "White", and "Blue", and they all appeared to be the same, but the "Red" clearly had better teams (and that's not what our team was).

Your explanation above fits for where we are this year, though.

Comment

Agreed, but it can get confusing if they add in colors (not sure if they had this this year, I don't see it on the one group that I am looking at). Meaning, last year, there was "Red", "White", and "Blue", and they all appeared to be the same, but the "Red" clearly had better teams (and that's not what our team was).

It sounds like your child is at one of the younger ages. I wouldn't worry about those classifications till they get older. Most are done by geography at the younger ages.

Comment

It sounds like your child is at one of the younger ages. I wouldn't worry about those classifications till they get older. Most are done by geography at the younger ages.
            Yes correct, U12. And, yes, also agree...typically whatever team she was on (top team w/ club or lower), she played in the "right" division. All her games were close, competitive matches, so it fit. Not really worried about it.

Comment

In my kid's age group this fall, the premiership is divided into two colors. Fairly sure the division is regional, rather than playing level, as one color has all northern teams, the other all southern teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X