Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I could be wrong here, but I believe the U12 DAP clubs had to round up enough kids to fill two teams (U12 DAP schedule has two games listed each weekend). At least at our club, they pulled quite a few of the top 2005 kids to help fill these rosters, so you may indeed see some degree of drop off in quality at the U12 level in this tournament from clubs fielding DAP teams.
    Interesting. I noticed Revs had a single 2005 on their u12 roster. I would have expected similar path, with other club u12 rosters heavily (almost exclusively) comprised of 2004s. Based on your comment, it sounds like other DAs may have skewed a bit more toward 2005. Curious what percentage of u12 DAs rosters are 2004 v. 2005. If Revs are approximately 95/5%, what's your guesstimate on percentage breakdown of 2004 v. 2005 on other DA rosters?

Comment

Interesting. I noticed Revs had a single 2005 on their u12 roster. I would have expected similar path, with other club u12 rosters heavily (almost exclusively) comprised of 2004s. Based on your comment, it sounds like other DAs may have skewed a bit more toward 2005. Curious what percentage of u12 DAs rosters are 2004 v. 2005. If Revs are approximately 95/5%, what's your guesstimate on percentage breakdown of 2004 v. 2005 on other DA rosters?
      Confusing?
      I thought the Revs didn't form a U12 (2004) DAP team?
      The other DAP clubs did, but are filling them with 2005's because they don't have enough quality 04"s to form teams?
      Is that what you are saying?

Comment

Confusing?
        I thought the Revs didn't form a U12 (2004) DAP team?
        The other DAP clubs did, but are filling them with 2005's because they don't have enough quality 04"s to form teams?
        Is that what you are saying?
        You're right. I screwed that one up, as my comments about Revs were off the top of my head. Shift everything I said by one age group, as it's their u13 team that is all 2003s with a lone 2004 player. So the are 95% 2003 with a single 2004.

That said, it's interesting to learn that there are so many 2005s mixed in when you shift focus down one age group to u12 Academy. Any sense for what percentage split of a typical u12 Academy team between 2004s and 2005s?

Comment

Preliminary schedule released

http://events.gotsport.com/events/de...?EventID=52927

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X