Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    College soccer is a job. Check out what a scholarship pays.
    Know from first hand experience there junior. If it wasn't fun to them, they'd quit and get jobs as tutors, as servers, as assistants, ..... My kid doesn't lift weights every day, run their arse off, record their results, ... if they don't have fun playing the sport. Got it sport?

Comment

Just because it may be enjoyable, doesn't mean its not a job

Know from first hand experience there junior. If it wasn't fun to them, they'd quit and get jobs as tutors, as servers, as assistants, ..... My kid doesn't lift weights every day, run their arse off, record their results, ... if they don't have fun playing the sport. Got it sport?
      I like my job (unrelated to sports), but I still have to show up when the boss asks, work on what the boss wants, and do things the boss's way. And spend lots of my own time keeping up my professional skills; time for which I'm not directly compensated.

A hobby it ain't.

Comment

Unless you're talking about U16 or older it's really not worth it. You are failing your child if you think regionals at U15 or younger is important
        Geez, someone seems bitter to have lost State Cup. What's the better tournament your kid is playing in this summer? My girl is proud to be representing her state. I'm happy for her and her teammates. It may not be important to you for whatever reason a tournament is deemed important to you, but the girls will enjoy. Even if they get throttled like most people here predict will happen.

Comment

Glad you are empathetic. Makes going to regionals seems like it is not really worth it.
          Just take your old team. No big deal.

Comment

Unless you're talking about U16 or older it's really not worth it. You are failing your child if you think regionals at U15 or younger is important
            The things jealous people come up with . The only ones to make such comments are the ones who left and still clubs . Talk about failing

Comment

The things jealous people come up with . The only ones to make such comments are the ones who left and still clubs . Talk about failing
              Now I failed. Lol who left their clubs .

Comment

College soccer is a job. Check out what a scholarship pays.
                Many college players, especially on the men's side, receive a pittance in scholarship money to play in college. Yes it's a job - and a job not all survive - but they have to do it because they love it. It isn't just about the money. The work and sacrifices are far greater than the $

Comment

I like my job (unrelated to sports), but I still have to show up when the boss asks, work on what the boss wants, and do things the boss's way. And spend lots of my own time keeping up my professional skills; time for which I'm not directly compensated.

A hobby it ain't.
                  But if you quit, do you still get money from them? See, there's a big difference. A lot of kids in college sports don't have to play to get an education, they do it because it's fun. Maybe one day you will have one in college playing and will understand. Doubtful, but maybe.

Comment

Geez, someone seems bitter to have lost State Cup. What's the better tournament your kid is playing in this summer? My girl is proud to be representing her state. I'm happy for her and her teammates. It may not be important to you for whatever reason a tournament is deemed important to you, but the girls will enjoy. Even if they get throttled like most people here predict will happen.
                    I'm not who you are responding to, but there are a lot of better tournaments to play in. And cost less. We did Regionals a few times and it was fun. But Surf Cup was better. Tournaments in Texas were better. You also get to represent your state in ODP.

Comment

Try English next time.

Comment

Try English next time.
                        It was corrected duh!!!!!

Comment

It was corrected duh!!!!!
                          And it still is a stupid statement. Duh!!!!

Comment

But if you quit, do you still get money from them? See, there's a big difference. A lot of kids in college sports don't have to play to get an education, they do it because it's fun. Maybe one day you will have one in college playing and will understand. Doubtful, but maybe.
                            1. Go to college for the education for your self, not for your parent living through you.

2. Play collegiate varsity sport in college if you love it but only if you can balance school and grades.Have fun too!

3. If you quit school while in school, and have outstanding loans (and possibly an athletic award), you will have to pay the school back for them.

4.Another option without financial award is to play club sport in college if you want to just simply have fun.

Comment

1. Go to college for the education for your self, not for your parent living through you.

2. Play collegiate varsity sport in college if you love it but only if you can balance school and grades.Have fun too!

3. If you quit school while in school, and have outstanding loans (and possibly an athletic award), you will have to pay the school back for them.

4.Another option without financial award is to play club sport in college if you want to just simply have fun.
                              I love the people who think they have to get up on a podium to tell other's how the world works. A lot of kids play college sports because they are fun. They know full well they are a lot of work, but the enjoyment of playing, the thrill of competition, the team aspects, are all what make it worthwhile. And believe it or not, most kids play sports because of their dreams, not because of mom and dad. Actually, by the time they are 18, it they are only doing due to mom and dad, they know this and they quit. They are adults, completely capable of making their own decisions.

Comment

How many threads can parents of the kids who used to be the oldest, but are now the youngest, start? Sorry people, it's done. It's over. Your kid is now fighting with older, bigger kids.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X