Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thorns ODP at Friendship Cup

Trying to figure out Thorns ODP vs Oregon ODP for the Friendship Cup in Portland this May.
    Are they mostly from Div 1 or Div 2 level type teams (similar to Wa)?
    To me, this sounds like a warm up before the Surf Cup this summer.
    Thoughts.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Trying to figure out Thorns ODP vs Oregon ODP for the Friendship Cup in Portland this May.
    Thoughts.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Thoughts.
      No its not.

Comment

Thoughts.
        Warmup for Surf? You are deluded.

Comment

Thoughts.
          What are you trying to ask?

Comment

Thoughts.
            Bhahahahaha..... Surf Cup.

You mean the silver division at the Vegas Cup. (that should only be for the older group. The younger group should not go and save the money.

Comment

Thoughts.
              OP here. Not from Oregon and first time at friendship cup.
              I am trying to figure out the teams from Oregon.
              Thorns ODP is the same as saying Oregon ODP, meaning they represent Oregon (?)
              Timber/Thorn Alliance is....?
              Thorns Academy is their version of ECNL.
              I was trying to gauge the competition level of these teams, assuming that these players
              represent the best in Oregon.
              I was reading about the thorns academy, RTC etc and
              sounds interesting, but I have no idea what the results are.

Comment

I was trying to gauge the competition level of these teams, assuming that these players
                You're about right, it seems, yes. Timber's Alliance is an "Alternate All-Stars" team made up of players from the handful (or more, i lose track) of clubs that play in OYSA and have Timbers at the end of their club name.

Comment

You're fishing. If you are trying to start a convo just start a convo. No need to come out with some weird story to pervert your real questions.

Anyway, if your team is playing in the Friendship Cup there is no need to "gauge the competition level" as they are all tier 2 and 3 teams that play in this tournament. Next question please.

Comment

Friendship cup is kind of silly. A friendly tournament over a holiday weekend? Who schedules friendlies over Memorial Day weekend? Oregon is the only state that doesn't send B teams to this.

Comment

Friendship cup is kind of silly. A friendly tournament over a holiday weekend? Who schedules friendlies over Memorial Day weekend? Oregon is the only state that doesn't send B teams to this.
                      no worries. our b teams will crush your thorns odp and alliance "all-stars".

Comment

Thorns ODP is the same as Oregon ODP, Thorns teams are probably the girls teams Timbers or OR the boys

Thorns Academy is just that, The Portland Thorns pro team has an academy for younger players to go thru thru their system (just like all the mens pro teams have academy's)

Thorns Academy is pretty water downed here in Oregon because we have 2 ECNL clubs and the academy and there is not enough population base to support 3. Our ECNL teams are also fairly watered down.

RTC is the younger (03 and under) version of ODP and is regionalized because Oregon's main population base is too spread out for 1 team and all that travel for younger kids.

There is also a group called the Timbers Alliance, this consists of several clubs (I think 8) who get to put the Timbers logo on their jersey's and that's about it. There will be a team that is 2-3 players from each of those teams as well at each age group. On the girls side those teams might be call thorns alliance teams

Comment

Should be a good chance to see how the teams are progressing.

Comment

Thorns ODP is the same as Oregon ODP, Thorns teams are probably the girls teams Timbers or OR the boys

Thorns Academy is just that, The Portland Thorns pro team has an academy for younger players to go thru thru their system (just like all the mens pro teams have academy's)

Thorns Academy is pretty water downed here in Oregon because we have 2 ECNL clubs and the academy and there is not enough population base to support 3. Our ECNL teams are also fairly watered down.

RTC is the younger (03 and under) version of ODP and is regionalized because Oregon's main population base is too spread out for 1 team and all that travel for younger kids.

There is also a group called the Timbers Alliance, this consists of several clubs (I think 8) who get to put the Timbers logo on their jersey's and that's about it. There will be a team that is 2-3 players from each of those teams as well at each age group. On the girls side those teams might be call thorns alliance teams
                            Thorns Academy is a last refuge for Timbers players whose team blew up at U14 and they aren't good enough or committed enough to play ECNL. It's a good 3rd tier below ECNL and ECNL Reserve.

Comment

do they post scores?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X