Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ever consider the possibility that if your team did play 11v11 they might not have won State Cup? Maybe your grousing is all for not. And next year, your team is breaking up due to the birth shift. If your kid is having to move up, I am guessing that you spent a lot of time complaining over on those threads discussing the shift.
    What a stupid response - Timbers dictated format, these teams won. Who cares what happens next year.

Half of the attraction of OYSA is a unified state cup/league is all that gives you the chance to "earn" regional birth.

These teams earned it, don't get to go; if I were them would be bitching too.

Comment

when you look a lot of things aren't important; doesn't mean they aren't important in the moment

the "whole regional thing at this age" not important is garbage
      Man you just need to chill!
      If you act this way with your kid I give him till U15 if he doesn't quit b4. Just to end the madness with Dad. Seriously RELAX,

Comment

If you act this way with your kid I give him till U15 if he doesn't quit b4. Just to end the madness with Dad. Seriously RELAX,
        Fair point - but not responsive to u12 Oregon state champs not getting to go to regionals because of Timbers/OYSA bureaucracy.

Comment

Sure doesn't help that impacted teams were a boys' team from Crossfire and a girls' team from THUSC.

Really hard to see how anyone is defending OYSA/Timbers on this unless they are at Westside, Eastside or work for OYSA/Timbers.

Comment

Sure doesn't help that impacted teams were a boys' team from Crossfire and a girls' team from THUSC.

Really hard to see how anyone is defending OYSA/Timbers on this unless they are at Westside, Eastside or work for OYSA/Timbers.
            Would you feel better if WST B03 Copa had beaten Crossfire and a Timbers' team were denied a shot at regionals?

Comment

Would you feel better if WST B03 Copa had beaten Crossfire and a Timbers' team were denied a shot at regionals?
              Nope - in some ways worse

Comment

What a stupid response - Timbers dictated format, these teams won. Who cares what happens next year.

Half of the attraction of OYSA is a unified state cup/league is all that gives you the chance to "earn" regional birth.

These teams earned it, don't get to go; if I were them would be bitching too.
                No, your's is a stupid response. Apparently if someone doesn't agree with you, their response is stupid. Let me guess, you drive a car with a Coexist bumper sticker on it but honk and flip off other drivers. You don't know if your team would have won at 11v11. The fact that you didn't play it denied you the chance to go to regionals. And maybe losing in an 11v11 format would have denied you the chance as well since you might not have won. Take your whining elsewhere. Lots of things in life to get worked up over, not going to regionals, spending $120 a night for your family to live there for up to a week isn't one of them. And next year, you kid is going to be one of the younger ones, so he might not make the A team. Gee, soccer just isn't working out for you is it?

Comment

I think you should look in the mirror and read your response. It should go more to you and the person you directed it to.

Comment

Didn't have anything to do with 11v11 or 9v9 format. OYSA just decided not to send U12 champs to Colorado this year. It's not hard for a team to switch formats from game to game.
                    Did you complain before about it and try to get them to reconsider, or are you just complaining now after you won it?

Comment

Fair point - but not responsive to u12 Oregon state champs not getting to go to regionals because of Timbers/OYSA bureaucracy.
                      Thanks for at least recognizing. I guess it's better to come on here and vent then to unleash on your kid. Right? So carry on!

Comment

Are all parents on the Crossfire BU12 team this whiny?

Comment

No, your's is a stupid response. Apparently if someone doesn't agree with you, their response is stupid. Let me guess, you drive a car with a Coexist bumper sticker on it but honk and flip off other drivers. You don't know if your team would have won at 11v11. The fact that you didn't play it denied you the chance to go to regionals. And maybe losing in an 11v11 format would have denied you the chance as well since you might not have won. Take your whining elsewhere. Lots of things in life to get worked up over, not going to regionals, spending $120 a night for your family to live there for up to a week isn't one of them. And next year, you kid is going to be one of the younger ones, so he might not make the A team. Gee, soccer just isn't working out for you is it?
                          Team won OYSA State Cup - should get to go regionals for that.

If you took off your Timber glasses you could see that.

Comment

I don't have any Timbers glasses on. You entered the tournament knowing full well what the situation is and now are complaining about it because you don't get to go. Most Oregon teams get throttled badly, so be happy you didn't go and get your butts handed to you.

Comment

You won at 9v9. You wouldn't have won at 11v11.

Comment

You won at 9v9. You wouldn't have won at 11v11.
                                This really has nothing to do with Westside - the impacted clubs were Crossfire and THUSC - except I guess Westside now defend anything the Timbers/OYSA does or doesn't do.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X