Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coaching assignments - what are your expectations

Looking at coaching assignments for our club and while the coaches themselves seem fine, they also seem to be spread really, really thin. Some "head coaches" are named on 6 teams ... how the hell are you going to coach 6 teams effectively?

For the money you're spending (~$1500+), what is the expectation for your coach? 2-3 teams, more, less? I'm feeling reluctant to pay for a supposed classic team when the head coach is so divided.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looking at coaching assignments for our club and while the coaches themselves seem fine, they also seem to be spread really, really thin. Some "head coaches" are named on 6 teams ... how the hell are you going to coach 6 teams effectively?

For the money you're spending (~$1500+), what is the expectation for your coach? 2-3 teams, more, less? I'm feeling reluctant to pay for a supposed classic team when the head coach is so divided.
    Three teams max.
    And let's move out of the '80's and '90's. "Classic" level play has to be the gayest of terms for a level. There is are three levels. Premier, Select and Recreation. There is no Classic.

Comment

Three teams max.
      And let's move out of the '80's and '90's. "Classic" level play has to be the gayest of terms for a level. There is are three levels. Premier, Select and Recreation. There is no Classic.
      Depends on what your club has the age-group coordinator do and how big the age-groups are.

1-2 teams per age-group is a different management challenge than 4-5. Further, if age-group coordinator is truly oversight/practice plans/facilitating player movement, their span is a bit different than if they are providing a bunch of direct coaching.

Comment

Three teams max.
        You want to move out of the 80's and 90's, but you use the term "gayest"?

Comment

"Classic" level play has to be the gayest of terms for a level.
          You sound like a classic, no make that a premier douche

Comment

For me, the Head Coach for games and some key training points and the ACs for development and training, as long as all of the staff have appropriate USSF Nartional licenses and are either NSCAA-certified coaches or will be certified during the current soccer year. I also expect CPR/AED certified staff on hand as well.

That is what I expect for my $, and it can be done. BTW, our coaches share fields, so our coaches often train their teams together or back-to=back, so it isn't a problem for us.

Comment

You want to move out of the 80's and 90's, but you use the term "gayest"?
              I just laughed so hard I spit my Chipotle burrito halfway across the room

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X