Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing more to say

Interesting to come back to this. I think everything that can be said here, has been.

There is at least one guy who is just trolling. Those of us connected with SHS know more than that guy so no use arguing. You cant ever win over an internet troll.

Boys have their farewell with coach tomorrow. I wish her the best and hope she can grow and learn from this .

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I went to 2 games against Camas. I thought they looked extremely good, high quality. Pretty sure every player is Premier level. Not sure about the coach but they win, and win a lot.
      Far from high quality. No one can keep the ball. You very rarely see a three pass combination and they are alway banging the ball forward. You rarely see a quick restart. Every free kick means an opportunity to dump the ball in front of the opponents goal. It's painful to watch especially knowing that there are enough good players to play the game right. But I guess when you have a coach that focuses heavily on fitness and not technique this is what you get.
      Does Minder role into practice everyday in a DeLorean? With Marty McFly in the passenger seat? Going to a Camas game is like riding a time machine to the early '90's

Comment

Far from high quality. No one can keep the ball. You very rarely see a three pass combination and they are alway banging the ball forward. You rarely see a quick restart. Every free kick means an opportunity to dump the ball in front of the opponents goal. It's painful to watch especially knowing that there are enough good players to play the game right. But I guess when you have a coach that focuses heavily on fitness and not technique this is what you get.
        Does Minder role into practice everyday in a DeLorean? With Marty McFly in the passenger seat? Going to a Camas game is like riding a time machine to the early '90's
        I guess I see it differently. It is a very direct, fast paced style. It's supposed to be from what I gather. He only keeps players who are in shape, and fast. And they need to prove it or they can't make the team. And then he puts them in a 4-3-3 which tends to lend itself to extreme attacking. It sometimes gets them in trouble on the counter, and it doesn't lend itself to quite as much build up, as you mention because it's go go go. But dang, they score a ton of goals and there is usually a ton of premier talent top to bottom, so they can connect passes and do. It was different from our club experience but I liked it. I also disagree on the free kick thing. I saw the other league teams relying on dumping it in front of the goal with a lob more than Camas. Camas tends to do it when they are close enough to whip it in there. We enjoyed the Camas experience and the coach too. It's hard to argue with the coach's record. I think he is fortunate to have talent but other coaches don't seem to do more with their talent, even when they are loaded. Just my humble opinion.

To each their own. Peace brother. Please don't flame me. :)

Comment

Wow

The funniest part about this whole thread is that you assume that you have been arguing with the same person throughout. Since everyone posts anonymously, I can see where it might get confusing, but I can guarantee you that you have been interacting with AT LEAST two "anti-SHS-coach" people in the past dozen or so posts, since I posted some of, but not all of the posts in reply to you. I quit a while ago because, well, you assume lots of things.

Just so you know, all of the district parents are given a survey in early May, and that includes a survey about their experience with the sports programs at their respective schools. The players are also given surveys that are returned directly to the AD. The only person who is responsible for the coach's demise is the coach. If she garners an inordinate amount of negative survey responses, that is on her. People naturally complain, and that is taken into account. But, in my experience, school admin only take action when the feedback is overwhelmingly negative and for more than one season.

You can feel defensive or disagree with the school's decision regarding this coach, but you just look ridiculous making such sweeping generalizations about people you don't know. (I mentioned this before). Just so you know, I have not only been across (and worked across) the river, I have been across an ocean or two as well. I am very gainfully employed and have extremely successful, well-educated children who will do just fine in life. And, even though I feel strangely compelled to call out your BS, your opinion weighs about the same as mine, which is not very much.

By the way, karma is a child's excuse. Responsibility is an adult's game. And luck is for suckers who don't want to work hard.

The school has made it's decision, time to move on. Hopefully, everyone (including the coach) will find a better fit for the future.
          You are an incredibly arrogant person. I'm also not the only person posting countering you.

Pretty humorous that you have to describe how successful you are etc..

After reading this, I have no doubt you used your prominence to pressure someone at SHS.

Your son didn't play for a good reason, he wasn't good enough to. Or there was a player that played the position he wanted to play that was better than him.

I might end this with something condescending like, "Hopefully, everyone (including the coach) will find a better fit for the future." But I won't.

Maybe, your son will be happier in college, away from you, playing intramurals.....and loving it.

Comment

I guess I see it differently. It is a very direct, fast paced style. It's supposed to be from what I gather. He only keeps players who are in shape, and fast. And they need to prove it or they can't make the team. And then he puts them in a 4-3-3 which tends to lend itself to extreme attacking. It sometimes gets them in trouble on the counter, and it doesn't lend itself to quite as much build up, as you mention because it's go go go. But dang, they score a ton of goals and there is usually a ton of premier talent top to bottom, so they can connect passes and do. It was different from our club experience but I liked it. I also disagree on the free kick thing. I saw the other league teams relying on dumping it in front of the goal with a lob more than Camas. Camas tends to do it when they are close enough to whip it in there. We enjoyed the Camas experience and the coach too. It's hard to argue with the coach's r

ecord. I think he is fortunate to have talent but other coaches don't seem to do more with their talent, even when they are loaded. Just my humble opinion.

To each their own. Peace brother. Please don't flame me. :)
            Well said.

(Ignore the troll)

Comment

Sheesh!!

You are an incredibly arrogant person. I'm also not the only person posting countering you.

After reading this, I have no doubt you used your prominence to pressure someone at SHS.

Your son didn't play for a good reason, he wasn't good enough to. Or there was a player that played the position he wanted to play that was better than him.

I might end this with something condescending like, "Hopefully, everyone (including the coach) will find a better fit for the future." But I won't.

Maybe, your son will be happier in college, away from you, playing intramurals.....and loving it.
              Sheesh people. Let it go already! You just make soccer parents look cray-zee!

Comment

Super harsh dude. Why so angry? It's only soccer, and only hi school soccer even. The worst athletes ever.

Comment

My son is not a Senior and he played all the time and I went directly to the athletic director with my concerns about this coach. There were many unhappy parents and I was one of them. Gald my son might get to experience something better next year.

Comment

My son is not a Senior and he played all the time and I went directly to the athletic director with my concerns about this coach. There were many unhappy parents and I was one of them. Gald my son might get to experience something better next year.
                    Coach was great. Players were ok, just no top talent. Team over-achieved.

Comment

Coach was great. Players were ok, just no top talent. Team over-achieved.
                      You might want to take that comment back about the coach when you see the news. Watch the papers in the coming weeks.

Comment

So much trolling. Go back to your real lives people. Don't read the internets. It's full of crazies who live in their Moms basement.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X