Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

600,000 page views!! G2001

Can we all take a moment to recognize the 2001 girls age group for all it's hard work over the past three years. They have shattered the Oregon Talking Soccer page view record. Crazy parents fighting and arguing about kids soccer at the finest level. Well done people.

They worked really hard to get that many page views considering there are only 6 people who post there. Getting up early, staying up late. Posting from the sidelines during games and right after games. Coming up with new and creative put downs. General Lee jumping over a row of cars.

It really is impressive and I think we should give them a standing ovation to recognize this acheivement.

We are just getting started in this competitive soccer thing at 2004 birth year. The 2001 girls thread is what we all look up to and hope to become. Any recommendations on put downs or how to troll opposing clubs?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      We are just getting started in this competitive soccer thing at 2004 birth year. The 2001 girls thread is what we all look up to and hope to become. Any recommendations on put downs or how to troll opposing clubs?
      It's easier than you think! Here are your basic talking points:

Ecnl is a ripoff
      Tom is a liar
      FC Portland poaches good players instead of developing their own.
      Team ((Whoever)) has a selfish superstar
      Thorns academy is a joke
      OYSA is rec level soccer

Good luck 04's! You've got big shoes to fill!

Comment

Ecnl is a ripoff
        Tom is a liar
        Thorns academy is a joke
        OYSA is rec level soccer

Don't forget the:

Flat tires on the General Lee
        Vantuckian trailer park trash
        Timbers Alliance doesn't have girls HS teams

Comment

Can we all take a moment to recognize the 2001 girls age group for all it's hard work over the past three years. They have shattered the Oregon Talking Soccer page view record. Crazy parents fighting and arguing about kids soccer at the finest level. Well done people.

They worked really hard to get that many page views considering there are only 6 people who post there. Getting up early, staying up late. Posting from the sidelines during games and right after games. Coming up with new and creative put downs. General Lee jumping over a row of cars.

It really is impressive and I think we should give them a standing ovation to recognize this acheivement.
          Jumping the General Lee photos have to be my absolute favorite.

Comment

Jumping the General Lee photos have to be my absolute favorite.
            Thank you. That was originally my idea. It was after being at Sandy high and hearing their parents war cry/whoop and stomping their feet on the bleachers after a goal. After they lost one of the parents in a big black truck left 15 feet of rubber in the parking lot burning off his tires. Not sure if he or she left their child behind or whether they were in the truck. The dark tinted windows prevented a clear view.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
              thank you. That was originally my idea. It was after being at sandy high and hearing their parents war cry/whoop and stomping their feet on the bleachers after a goal. After they lost one of the parents in a big black truck left 15 feet of rubber in the parking lot burning off his tires. Not sure if he or she left their child behind or whether they were in the truck. The dark tinted windows prevented a clear view.
              them dukes! Them dukes!

Comment

This truly is a magnificent triumph. We moved here and they didn't have an anonymous chat board where we previously lived. Talking Soccer and it's anonymity has added such a great dimension to our overall youth soccer experience. For the 2001 parents to have this many posts, well I just have to say well done. Magnificent. Bravo. I shall hoist a drink to you all later this evening.

Comment

This truly is a magnificent triumph. We moved here and they didn't have an anonymous chat board where we previously lived. Talking Soccer and it's anonymity has added such a great dimension to our overall youth soccer experience. For the 2001 parents to have this many posts, well I just have to say well done. Magnificent. Bravo. I shall hoist a drink to you all later this evening.
                  Malt liquor or a fine scotch depending on which club you are from.

Comment

Ecnl is a ripoff
                    Tom is a liar
                    Thorns academy is a joke
                    OYSA is rec level soccer

Good list but I can't believe you left off some other common topics.

Bootball
                    That team has no skill, their entire attack is playing it to the fast forward
                    Thugs
                    That team is full of helicopter/juicebox mommies
                    Harmony fields (can be used in talking about the WTSC or for any club by comparing them to the WTSC)

Comment

Malt liquor or a fine scotch depending on which club you are from.
                      I'm from up north, so malt liquor. Or maybe some of that fancy wine that goes by the name MD 20/20. After all, it is a special occasion.

Comment

Thank you. That was originally my idea. It was after being at Sandy high and hearing their parents war cry/whoop and stomping their feet on the bleachers after a goal. After they lost one of the parents in a big black truck left 15 feet of rubber in the parking lot burning off his tires. Not sure if he or she left their child behind or whether they were in the truck. The dark tinted windows prevented a clear view.
                        Eastside is always entertaining.

Comment

Great visuals.

Comment

Welcome. Get comfortable and grab some refreshments.

You have to ask yourself how bad you want it. If you waiver at all in your commitment to total freak out about youth sports then I'm sorry you will never measure up.

Comment

Eastside is always entertaining.
                              Is this all Eastside teams? Funny I saw that at our age group on the boys side and thought it was highly tacky. And a little sad.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X