X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Jorge Rios-Nogales
    Ah yes... a.k.a. "Hollering Jorge"!!! What a hot head.

Comment

Ah yes... a.k.a. "Hollering Jorge"!!! What a hot head.
      The problem with American soccer is there is no passion. You don't know passion when you see it, pal.

Comment

60+ girls for 00/99's and 60+ for the 01/02's. Not sure what is motivating you to mislead people but the quality is on the rise.
        The motivation is that he's a tool...

Comment

60+ girls for 00/99's and 60+ for the 01/02's. Not sure what is motivating you to mislead people but the quality is on the rise.
          Quantity is not the issue. Quality is the issue. Based on who showed up I'd suggest Thorns don't even play in OYSA Premier this year, maybe div 1.

Comment

Quantity is not the issue. Quality is the issue. Based on who showed up I'd suggest Thorns don't even play in OYSA Premier this year, maybe div 1.
            If 60 players showed up,for each team they must be getting better. How many will they take?

Comment

One player who got called back to Thorns Academy not once made it to the ODP state pool in 3 years. Has almost no technical ability but plays hard. She was also a benchwarmer, 2nd string player on a B team and has never made the A team for a premier level team. She will probably make Thorns Academy. Makes no sense whatsoever. How could this have possibly happened????

Comment

Your ignorance is comedy. There were at least two national camp invitees in the 01/02 group on the call back list. There are quality girls with impressive resumes at tryouts.

Comment

If 60 players showed up,for each team they must be getting better. How many will they take?
                  22-24 per team with only 18 playing.

Comment

Your ignorance is comedy. There were at least two national camp invitees in the 01/02 group on the call back list. There are quality girls with impressive resumes at tryouts.
                    2 players doesn't make a team. The rest were rec+ "B" and "C" teamers that couldn't make the cut for their club's "A" team.

Comment

2 players doesn't make a team. The rest were rec+ "B" and "C" teamers that couldn't make the cut for their club's "A" team.
                      Your right, two doesnt make a team but you clearly do not have a handle on whats going on. There are at least an additional 3-4 kids who have already recieved regional camp invites on that call back list. And yes 5 kids doesnt make a team. I am clearly demonstrating that there are quality players on the list and your blanket statements are erroroneus. Yes, there maybe a kid or two that you feel are b and c teamers, I dont know those players and you clearly have a pulse on those players. So what I infer from your comments is something happened and your dd did not get a call back and someone you know from a lower level team did. That happens sometimes and it sucks. Ive seen that happen various times. Sometimes certain kids dont show well and others for whatever reason have amazing tryouts. It happens. But please do not assume all kids are b and c teamers that clearly is not the case.

Comment

Your right, two doesnt make a team but you clearly do not have a handle on whats going on. There are at least an additional 3-4 kids who have already recieved regional camp invites on that call back list. And yes 5 kids doesnt make a team. I am clearly demonstrating that there are quality players on the list and your blanket statements are erroroneus. Yes, there maybe a kid or two that you feel are b and c teamers, I dont know those players and you clearly have a pulse on those players. So what I infer from your comments is something happened and your dd did not get a call back and someone you know from a lower level team did. That happens sometimes and it sucks. Ive seen that happen various times. Sometimes certain kids dont show well and others for whatever reason have amazing tryouts. It happens. But please do not assume all kids are b and c teamers that clearly is not the case.
                        My kid didn't have to bother with Thorns Academy. She plays on a higher level team than that already.

Comment

My kid didn't have to bother with Thorns Academy. She plays on a higher level team than that already.
                          Congratulations. She must be a discovery player for a Washington ECNL team.

Comment

Congratulations. She must be a discovery player for a Washington ECNL team.
                            Nope. Oregon ECNL club "B" team that will thump Thorns Academy all winter long in OYSA Premier.

Comment

I think the thorns "academy" will be in the B bracket for OYSA. Didn't they get relegated last season?

Comment

I think the thorns "academy" will be in the B bracket for OYSA. Didn't they get relegated last season?
                                How bad must they be if Timbers didn't even enter them in state cup this year? Guess it might hurt the recruiting effort if they go 0-fer just before tryouts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X