X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus it has "premier" in the name

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lack of info must mean it's super exclusive. There's no costs listed, because if you have to ask ... you can't afford it. Sometimes you get what you pay for ... sometimes you pay what you get for. I heard a rumor that Pep was going to move to Hillsboro to coach U12
    So it must be a very 133t club.

The rumor about Pep isn't true. He was considering leaving Bayern's first team to come coach U12 at Hillsboro, but realized that he'd then be within 40km of Providence Park. He still has bad memories from the 2014 MLS All-Star game...

Comment

Only reason I brought up the original question is that the information available online is minimal on GPS. One person suggested calling, but I feel that there should be some basic information available online without having to call. Otherwise, it makes me feel like a car advertisement without a price forcing you to call. Clubs typically have information about coaches, cost, what the costs include/exclude, etc. During the season of tryouts, it is nice to be able to do due diligence as a parent to be able to decide where to tryout and this starts with information available online.
      under Contact Us, it lists MJ as the contact person. so you know it's an MJ production. seems like he is maybe, still working at HSC and this is where his l33t team(s) will be. probably, in the hopes that this can get them accepted to fancier tournaments.

Comment

So it must be a very 133t club.

The rumor about Pep isn't true. He was considering leaving Bayern's first team to come coach U12 at Hillsboro, but realized that he'd then be within 40km of Providence Park. He still has bad memories from the 2014 MLS All-Star game...
        Ok this is funny.

Comment

Used car salesman is accurate in this case.
          Yep, and TT was to be broken up before Spring and all their best players went to FCP, if I remember right too. Now they are playing in the final and where are the ecnl clubs? On the sidelines watching.

Maybe you should move your DD over to GPS, I think they have a B team that she could probably make.

Comment

GPS and NCS

The GPS boys all star team can get into good tournaments. So there is precedent for this.

NCS is http://www.nscsoccer.com/#!home/c1351

Comment

Yep, and TT was to be broken up before Spring and all their best players went to FCP, if I remember right too. Now they are playing in the final and where are the ecnl clubs? On the sidelines watching.

Maybe you should move your DD over to GPS, I think they have a B team that she could probably make.
              Thanks mom. Now go out and get a job.

Comment

Yes, I am totally against my kids learning from coaches that have committed themselves to soccer as a profession. That's why I send my kids to be home schooled by the lady down the street who does dog grooming and teaches on the side.

Stay with your rec team in Div 3.
                You stupid person!! You just don't get it. How many committed DOC's do we have in Oregon that do it for the love of the game? How many of them have a development plan? So, if you are a full time coach in Oregon it means you are great? How can you relate teaching in school to soccer coaching from an Oregon standpoint? Yes it's teaching and we should have the long term interest of the player, BUT COACHES HERE DONT!! Full time DOC's only care about making a living from mugs like you. GPS Oregon has one guy in charge that cannot hold down a position long enough because of his ego and his right hand man is someone who is not capable of running a practice session. I'll predict your dreams will be squashed in 5 years and you will wonder why you never joined GPS Manchester City!! (Or wherever Pep is at the present time)

Comment

What, then, is NSC and why would it be worth considering?

It appears that the main qualifications of the DoC are a) he's British :), and b) he won a state championship (as coach) in girls' HS soccer. I don't know about their older squads, but their BU11 team wasn't impressive, at all--in one match, they didn't have enough players show up (and it was a home game for them out in Aloha); ad the other match I've seen them in, they fielded one of the dirtier players I've seen in BU11. (In both games, they were blown out).

Comment

It appears that the main qualifications of the DoC are a) he's British :), and b) he won a state championship (as coach) in girls' HS soccer. I don't know about their older squads, but their BU11 team wasn't impressive, at all--in one match, they didn't have enough players show up (and it was a home game for them out in Aloha); ad the other match I've seen them in, they fielded one of the dirtier players I've seen in BU11. (In both games, they were blown out).
                    Then he bolted from that high school team for greener pastures.

Comment

is GPS DoC British as well?

Comment

Honestly I think the model for GPS, their website, their DOC and everything else are at least as good as all the other clubs and in a number of cases better.

However, don't we need less clubs, identification pathways and the like,not more? This kind of venture would have made a lot more sense to me prior to the boys DA going to U12 and every club participating, ECNL, Thorns Academy and the announcement of a girls DA, etc.

So I am not going to knock what they are doing on it's own merits, it's as legitimate as anything else. I just think it muddies the water.

Comment

Honestly I think the model for GPS, their website, their DOC and everything else are at least as good as all the other clubs and in a number of cases better.

However, don't we need less clubs, identification pathways and the like,not more? This kind of venture would have made a lot more sense to me prior to the boys DA going to U12 and every club participating, ECNL, Thorns Academy and the announcement of a girls DA, etc.

So I am not going to knock what they are doing on it's own merits, it's as legitimate as anything else. I just think it muddies the water.
                          I agree. But to make a living you have to be the top dog. And easy 6 figure gig if you can get it. If you can't get it, create it.

It isn't about pathways, identifying, etc. it is about pay checks.

Comment

You stupid person!! You just don't get it. How many committed DOC's do we have in Oregon that do it for the love of the game? How many of them have a development plan? So, if you are a full time coach in Oregon it means you are great? How can you relate teaching in school to soccer coaching from an Oregon standpoint? Yes it's teaching and we should have the long term interest of the player, BUT COACHES HERE DONT!! Full time DOC's only care about making a living from mugs like you. GPS Oregon has one guy in charge that cannot hold down a position long enough because of his ego and his right hand man is someone who is not capable of running a practice session. I'll predict your dreams will be squashed in 5 years and you will wonder why you never joined GPS Manchester City!! (Or wherever Pep is at the present time)
                            You stupid know it all! Didn't say being full time automatically makes you great, there are plenty of crappy full time coaches in Oregon, but I'd say you have a better chance of getting a great coach if they have committed their profession to coaching than someone who does it on the side or as a volunteer. Of course DOCs care about revenue, just as you would if you were smart enough to run a business, but the good ones can also balance a quality product too.

Im sure in your opinion, good coaching and leadership had nothing to do w TT's state cup title. Just smoke and mirrors. And not to worry, my dreams won't be shattered in 5yrs, I don't have a daughter on the team. I just love to see all you haters that spend all your energy on here hating and being negative get proved wrong. Well done TT!

Comment

So what, I should have my kid quit soccer or I should move because there are no Oregon coaches up to your standards? If you're so smart and know soccer so well, what club do you run? Idiot.

Comment

is GPS DoC British as well?
                                No, Scottish. Because if it is not Scottish it is crap.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X