Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I stand by the comment 100 percent. Children of alcoholics, drug abusers, etc. tend to have the same problems their parents had. They learn from the coping mechanisms they observe. The girls growing up in a house where parents belittle others are going to have a tough time being positive about themselves and others. They will tend to revert to observed behavior. Did I name a specific team or players? No. The children of these anonymous parents are being trained that competition is about putting others down, not bringing themselves up. They will have a negative sense of self-esteem. It is not poisoned, it is a fact.
    It sounds as though you know from experience. I am sorry.

Comment

Why are we talking thorns academy in the 03 thread? Maybe we should talk about the mention of 6 TT girls at the Gothia cup.

Comment

Why are we talking thorns academy in the 03 thread? Maybe we should talk about the mention of 6 TT girls at the Gothia cup.
        Like Gothia Cup is a big deal. Better competition at Beaverton Cup. Just ask the Thorns Academy honchos.

Comment

Looks like they are playing well. 3-0 through the first group stage without conceding a goal. Good for them.

Comment

Looks like they are playing well. 3-0 through the first group stage without conceding a goal. Good for them.
            What team are they on?

Comment

What team are they on?
              Global Premier FC U13

Comment

Global Premier FC U13
                Are 2003s called u13s instead of u14s in Europe? Any other Oregon girls playing in Europe this summer?

Comment

Are 2003s called u13s instead of u14s in Europe? Any other Oregon girls playing in Europe this summer?
                  Only rich ones.

Comment

Yes. In the rest of the world 2001s are U15. Here they are U16. Good thing we standardized.

Comment

Only rich ones.
                      I believe everything except the flight was covered. Probably the same cost of a San Diego or Phoenix trip with hotels, food and coache's expenses added on.

Comment

I believe everything except the flight was covered. Probably the same cost of a San Diego or Phoenix trip with hotels, food and coache's expenses added on.
                        Sorry, I thought we were talking about in general not soccer.

Comment

Yes. In the rest of the world 2001s are U15. Here they are U16. Good thing we standardized.
                          Similar to the U12 boys for the USDA only being 2004, whereas for all others 2004s are U13.

Comment

girls 03 Rankings

I stand by the comment 100 percent. Children of alcoholics, drug abusers, etc. tend to have the same problems their parents had. They learn from the coping mechanisms they observe. The girls growing up in a house where parents belittle others are going to have a tough time being positive about themselves and others. They will tend to revert to observed behavior. Did I name a specific team or players? No. The children of these anonymous parents are being trained that competition is about putting others down, not bringing themselves up. They will have a negative sense of self-esteem. It is not poisoned, it is a fact.
                            Thanks Dr Phil.

Comment

Thanks Dr Phil.
                              Enough of that positive stuff. Let's call names really quick before people think happy thoughts.

Comment

Only rich ones.
                                The poor players stayed home. Who's got $5,000 to spend on one trip!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X