Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mostly, folks who live in Bartertowns across the bridge or in Gresham.
    Premier soccer is a very high status sport for girls. You know the type
    4.0 GPA, attends Catlin Gabel, OES, Jesuit, and ambitious and hard working.
    Equally aggressive and talented parents to be able to afford and to provide such luxuries.

But here is the kicker for you Carthart jacket wearing and hair from the 80's moms,
    soccer is just an another activity for these girls, like ballet or swimming, not a
    Willy Wonka Golden Ticket to full-ride scholarship dreams like lottery tickets.
    What's another $15K for soccer when someone is already paying $40K for private school.
    Another after school activity. Repeat. Bake Sale. Repeat. Feeding the homeless. Repeat.

It ain't for the 1/4 scholarships; it is for the edge so our dd can attend Stanford, Ivies,
    and awesome colleges. If you folks actually spent the money on tutors and education,
    your dd could have a much better life than Gresham or Bartertown.

I'm not the person who you are responding to, however I love my Carhardt jacket and I live in a house worth over $700K. I also shop at Wal Mart. It's funny how people think that if you like to save money or find style in more utilitarian clothes, you are among the unwashed of our world. I also like Filson, does that make it better? Or maybe it reinforces the perception. I've got 18 years of education, perhaps I haven't done enough.

Comment

Is that you, John Galt?

Objectifying women as "madam grey bush" and "chest sags". Wonderful! I assume you meant whine, as in complaining, not wine like the fermented fruit beverage. Is this how
      you want your daughter to be considered, just T and A? Figures, coming from hills and dales of Neo-Appalachia of Oregon. Get her some Daisy Duke shorts and some wrestling oil
      or family night in your neck of the woods, I reckon.
      What are these "bushes" that people are referring to? Haven't seen one in years.

Comment

What are these "bushes" that people are referring to? Haven't seen one in years.
        Lift up one of the sags. It's there.

Comment

There's an old saying that academic politics is so brutal and divisive, because there's so little at stake.

It seems that for some, the same is true of girls' soccer. Don't you all have better things to do? Is there a forum somewhere where parents of kids who take music lessons can argue over whose DD does the better interpretation of Chopin's etudes, and who's getting a full ride to Julliard?

If so, that would be epic.

Comment

Lift up one of the sags. It's there.
            Oh I'm not saggy, actually wrong gender. And I've looked up close. Your wife must be unhygienic.

Comment

The Legend of Mother Grey Bush!

Is that you, John Galt?

Objectifying women as "madam grey bush" and "chest sags". Wonderful! I assume you meant whine, as in complaining, not wine like the fermented fruit beverage. Is this how
              you want your daughter to be considered, just T and A? Figures, coming from hills and dales of Neo-Appalachia of Oregon. Get her some Daisy Duke shorts and some wrestling oil
              or family night in your neck of the woods, I reckon.
              Another consuming non working unproductive stay at home grey bush. Go out and buy some more "stuff" that your husband works hard for grey bush. Soccer isn't wine....stop overindulging in it please. All hail Mother Grey Bush!

Comment

Another consuming non working unproductive stay at home grey bush. Go out and buy some more "stuff" that your husband works hard for grey bush. Soccer isn't wine....stop overindulging in it please. All hail Mother Grey Bush!
                What about the greenish ooze? It's bad enough yor wife has the grey bush, but the ooze is really bad.

Comment

I'm not the person who you are responding to, however I love my Carhardt jacket and I live in a house worth over $700K. I also shop at Wal Mart. It's funny how people think that if you like to save money or find style in more utilitarian clothes, you are among the unwashed of our world. I also like Filson, does that make it better? Or maybe it reinforces the perception. I've got 18 years of education, perhaps I haven't done enough.
                  Dude, a GED after flunking out of 12th grade and 6 years at PCC without an AA degree
                  is quite enough. Love your 5/1 ARM on $600K loan on your Crapmansion in Happy Valley.

Comment

Dude, a GED after flunking out of 12th grade and 6 years at PCC without an AA degree
                    is quite enough. Love your 5/1 ARM on $600K loan on your Crapmansion in Happy Valley.
                    Describing your life online must be therapeutic.

Comment

There's an old saying that academic politics is so brutal and divisive, because there's so little at stake.

It seems that for some, the same is true of girls' soccer. Don't you all have better things to do? Is there a forum somewhere where parents of kids who take music lessons can argue over whose DD does the better interpretation of Chopin's etudes, and who's getting a full ride to Julliard?

If so, that would be epic.
                      Soccer moms, dance moms, music moms, ballet moms, basketball moms, volleyball moms,
                      softball moms, water polo moms, equestrian moms, cheer moms, swimming moms, tennis moms, field hockey moms, lacrosse moms, gifted school moms, magnate school moms, and much, much more.

Folks quest for their little DD to be the best in something is insane. If you visit any
                      of these sub-cultures as an outsider, you will recognize the same level of intensity, insanity,
                      jealously, and meanness that you are currently part of. Meaning, crap stinks no matter
                      where you go. Got it?

Comment

Soccer moms, dance moms, music moms, ballet moms, basketball moms, volleyball moms,
                        softball moms, water polo moms, equestrian moms, cheer moms, swimming moms, tennis moms, field hockey moms, lacrosse moms, gifted school moms, magnate school moms, and much, much more.

Folks quest for their little DD to be the best in something is insane. If you visit any
                        of these sub-cultures as an outsider, you will recognize the same level of intensity, insanity,
                        jealously, and meanness that you are currently part of. Meaning, crap stinks no matter
                        where you go. Got it?
                        Soccer Mommy's create wimpy wimpy wimpy soccer boys...stay at home and let your hubby drive em to practice. Go find a hobby....more wine drinking maybe? Or shop more? Try that.

Comment

Soccer Mommy's create wimpy wimpy wimpy soccer boys...stay at home and let your hubby drive em to practice. Go find a hobby....more wine drinking maybe? Or shop more? Try that.
                          zzzzz

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Exactly.

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Exactly.
                              Classic respond to your own post. What a loser.

A little too obvious when you emphatically agree with something so stupid. Lol

Comment

Soccer is for whimpy kids.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X