Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    they don't actually appear to be changing, they outsourced their scouting to Univision and rather than be embarrassed (even further) said, hey kid come join us! (PLEASE!!!)
    Some of the names that I am hearing made TA this year (and these kids didn't even go to tryouts, they were so frustrated with the "system"), has me thinking the new leadership is taking control and focusing on potential, and I don't mean private training potential.

So at least I think there is reason to think that things are changing at TA, and reason to be optimistic. Of course, it would help if they actually posted the rosters, so we can see who they picked. So that is one reason not to be optimistic. Lack of transparency.

This is just my opinion. Actual opinions may vary.

Comment

Some of the names that I am hearing made TA this year (and these kids didn't even go to tryouts, they were so frustrated with the "system"), has me thinking the new leadership is taking control and focusing on potential, and I don't mean private training potential.

So at least I think there is reason to think that things are changing at TA, and reason to be optimistic. Of course, it would help if they actually posted the rosters, so we can see who they picked. So that is one reason not to be optimistic. Lack of transparency.

This is just my opinion. Actual opinions may vary.
      hopefully it is changing. obviously it is still somewhat early for PTFC academy, it would be nice if they were at least steered in the rigth direction.

Comment

I imagine that this kid chose his own path like all kids do. You choose to play for a club. You choose to tryout for ODP or pre-Academy, you choose to tryout for Academy. He probably was on people's radar, but never tried out for the Timbers stuff. And now he's REALLY on people's radar. He's still very young in the scheme of things. Congrats young man.

This comment pretty much sums it up. He was identified and played in the 00 ODP/Academy team in 2014. He decided to not try out for the academy. Fun player to watch, congrats to him!!

Comment

I imagine that this kid chose his own path like all kids do. You choose to play for a club. You choose to tryout for ODP or pre-Academy, you choose to tryout for Academy. He probably was on people's radar, but never tried out for the Timbers stuff. And now he's REALLY on people's radar. He's still very young in the scheme of things. Congrats young man.

This comment pretty much sums it up. He was identified and played in the 00 ODP/Academy team in 2014. He decided to not try out for the academy. Fun player to watch, congrats to him!!
          I've never seen him play, but he must be pretty good to get this recognition. I have more respect for him hearing that he chose not to try the Timbers Academy route. It shows he has a good mind for the politics of the game also.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X