Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Part of the deal with Thorns Academy is that they will not play in state cup. It's bad enough they play in OYSA league play.
    Timbers couldn't risk having Thorns Academy going 0-3 in the group stage, which was highly likely.

And how does Thorns Academy qualify for FWRL anyway? Certainly didn't earn it in league play.

Comment

Nobody is leaving their ECNL team for the train wreck that is the thorns. Thornys have been very unsuccessful in league, tournaments and college placement.
      Isn't the Thorns going to be the DA next year?

Comment

Nobody is leaving their ECNL team for the train wreck that is the thorns. Thornys have been very unsuccessful in league, tournaments and college placement.
        So when is the the first match between FCP ECNL and the Thorns?

Comment

Waste of time.

Comment

Thorns would never risk the 10-0 beat down they'd get. Better to play B teams in OYSA.

Comment

If so, they'll be even more brutally unsuccessful than they are now.

Comment

Thorns would never risk the 10-0 beat down they'd get. Better to play B teams in OYSA.

We'll see about that.

Comment

EL can stand in front of those Thorns suckers...I mean parents...all he wants with his garbage about DA. Seattle Reign already opted for ECNL. So IF Thorns are picked for DA (huge if right there)...you think ECNL teams travel? You realize the other DA teams will be near the NWSL sponsoring teams, correct? So, enjoy those trips to Boston, Chicago, KC, Houston, Orlando, Jersey, Maryland, and NY. And before you reply saying exactly how cheap or free the academy program will be, let me remind you that the sponsoring league (NWSL) is not MLS. NWSL can't even afford to pay their professional players a living wage. Instead of the league subsidizing the DA, you DO realize the DA will be subsidizing the professional teams. That is a huge difference. Basically you will have all the travel and expense of ECNL, just not the quality of opponents or participants. And don't argue with me in your reply. As Jerry Maguire said, show me the money! (Hint: there is no money in NWSL)

Comment

EL can stand in front of those Thorns suckers...I mean parents...all he wants with his garbage about DA. Seattle Reign already opted for ECNL. So IF Thorns are picked for DA (huge if right there)...you think ECNL teams travel? You realize the other DA teams will be near the NWSL sponsoring teams, correct? So, enjoy those trips to Boston, Chicago, KC, Houston, Orlando, Jersey, Maryland, and NY. And before you reply saying exactly how cheap or free the academy program will be, let me remind you that the sponsoring league (NWSL) is not MLS. NWSL can't even afford to pay their professional players a living wage. Instead of the league subsidizing the DA, you DO realize the DA will be subsidizing the professional teams. That is a huge difference. Basically you will have all the travel and expense of ECNL, just not the quality of opponents or participants. And don't argue with me in your reply. As Jerry Maguire said, show me the money! (Hint: there is no money in NWSL)
                    Not to mention that all the better funded NWSL clubs (except Portland) now have teams in ECNL.

Comment

Winner!

Comment

What age level is the 2001/2002 thorns playing in? U16? U17?

Comment

U17. If they play u16 their opponents will all forfeit on purpose so they wouldn't get to play any real games.

Comment

They have to play up in U17. Otherwise all those losses in age would kill the program completely. Losing badly one year up is OK though as the sheeple parents will at least be able to say their DDs play up...

Comment

U13. Playing down

Comment

U13. Playing down
                                And still getting thumped hard.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X