X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Weston Coach- Forced to Resign

Anyone know what happened?

This can't be good for the club. Another scandal?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

sacked losing to boca

Comment

I heard it had something to do with his son having very shady dealings with international scum bags and getting paid lots of money just cause he was the son of the coach and could help out with player selection

And no one talks about it

Very strange

Comment

I heard he made racial comments to a player.

Comment

What’s wrong with Florida, always drama

Comment

It was in a game with the 05's and not sure if he made a racial comment but I do know an opposing player insulted him as he ran by and the Weston coach told him to come say it to his face and not be a b*tch by running away or something to that extent. The field marshal heard it and told him he couldn't talk like that and had to leave. This infuriated him and he wasn't happy with the refs for the way they were handling the situation and made his frustrations be heard. As he was walking away the refs forfeited the game as there was not another coach around and this escalated the issue. On his way to his car the father and grandmother of the opposing player that insulted him ran to confront him and the old lady was holding up her chair in a threatening matter which of course triggered the coach. After some choice words were exchanged and the parents intervened and he left.

The club's statement was that they mutually decided to part ways to protect the integrity of the club. It's truly an unfortunate event as he was there 9+ years and was liked by everyone because of his passion for the game and how he got the players to give maximum effort. Now there are 2 top level teams that will have to deal with coaching changes mid season. Parents and players are obviously not happy with the situation.

Comment

No dog in this race but it never ceases to amaze me to see these coaches and/or parents lose it over a game. How you handle yourself in any employment, no matter how stressful, speaks volumes.

Comment

It was in a game with the 05's and not sure if he made a racial comment but I do know an opposing player insulted him as he ran by and the Weston coach told him to come say it to his face and not be a b*tch by running away or something to that extent. The field marshal heard it and told him he couldn't talk like that and had to leave. This infuriated him and he wasn't happy with the refs for the way they were handling the situation and made his frustrations be heard. As he was walking away the refs forfeited the game as there was not another coach around and this escalated the issue. On his way to his car the father and grandmother of the opposing player that insulted him ran to confront him and the old lady was holding up her chair in a threatening matter which of course triggered the coach. After some choice words were exchanged and the parents intervened and he left.

The club's statement was that they mutually decided to part ways to protect the integrity of the club. It's truly an unfortunate event as he was there 9+ years and was liked by everyone because of his passion for the game and how he got the players to give maximum effort. Now there are 2 top level teams that will have to deal with coaching changes mid season. Parents and players are obviously not happy with the situation.
                I thought it was the 2008 U13 team. It might be 2 different cases then.

Comment

I thought it was the 2008 U13 team. It might be 2 different cases then.
                  Looks like the u-13 have a better coach now anyway

Comment

Looks like the u-13 have a better coach now anyway
                    That's the DOC. He'll only be with them until a replacement is found.

Comment

That's the DOC. He'll only be with them until a replacement is found.
                      The coach they got rid of, was a cocky F@$k.

Glad he's gone. I can definitely see him making a racist comment.

Comment

who was the coach?

Comment

The coach they got rid of, was a cocky F@$k.

Glad he's gone. I can definitely see him making a racist comment.
                          Florida soccer is toxic! And you line up to pay again next year! Then you wonder what happened. Worst soccer environment in the country

Comment

who was the coach?
                            I don’t know if they are talking about the same guy, but the 08 coach is Alan Sanchez.

Comment

He was coaching 2 x teams: 2008 (who actually won to SFFA) + 2005 Reserves. Unfortunate to see him walking away after many years with the club. Respected B License coach with professional expertise outside Florida. Tough to get like for like in the middle of the season.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X