Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess, SUSA doesn't have enough fields

The tournament schedule went up and then went down.

There are 234 teams in the tournament. Assuming everyone is playing 2 games on Saturday, that's 234 games that need to be covered.

They have 16 fields, not counting their new complex. Their new complex is four full size fields which depending on how they are configured (7v7, 9v9 or full size) can be anywhere from 4 to 8 fields at a time. Let's split the middle and say 6 fields. So 16 + 6 = 22 fields total for the tournament.

Normally teams get 50 to 60 minute games with about 10 minutes more needed for halftime and the switchover to the next games. So let's just that they will be 50 minute games so that's an hour needed per game.

234 games divided by 22 fields at an hour per game is 10.6 hours needed on every single field. With sunrise at 7am and sunset just after 6pm, you would have to have every field full every second of the day and this is assuming that you have the perfect combination of teams to fit the available mixed sizes of fields (U9/U10, U11/U12 and U13/U19) which isn't going to happen.

I think the bigger issue may be that the fields in central islip simply aren't ready. Sure, the turf is there. But there are no parking lots yet, no bathrooms, open construction everywhere. I can't imagine that the town if Islip is going to be too happy having a few thousand people showing up there for a tournament in the condition it's in.

Comment

All that resource and nothing but bull****.

Comment

SUSA has made a nice attempt to make a tournament during hard times. Only issues are they advertised it as a 2 Day tournament and added an extra day without informing anyone. Some coaches and parents have to work on Monday even if its a holiday! The other issue is they heavily weighted brackets that their ECNL teams aren't in providing them an easier pathway to the finals. Winning brings in more money to the program. Sad thing is most parents would rather win verse weaker competition so they can brag about how many Gotsoccer points they have...lol

Comment

Yep, scrambling for fields.

Coaches/Managers

We really appreciate your patience, the schedules for all flights in terms of days/times have been completed.

At this point we are in the process of securing a final field.

Therefore our final schedules will be out early afternoon Thursday October 7.

These are extremely unique times, we can assure you we are working diligently to make sure our first Columbus Tournament is safe and that all the players involved have a great weekend of soccer.

Thanks again for your support.

James Kelsh

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Yep, scrambling for fields.

Coaches/Managers

We really appreciate your patience, the schedules for all flights in terms of days/times have been completed.

At this point we are in the process of securing a final field.

Therefore our final schedules will be out early afternoon Thursday October 7.

These are extremely unique times, we can assure you we are working diligently to make sure our first Columbus Tournament is safe and that all the players involved have a great weekend of soccer.

Thanks again for your support.

James Kelsh
            Jimmy keeps it real.
            The tourney will be a raging success.

Comment

They also cannot accept teams outside of Nassau and Suffolk since out of region. No NYC teams it’s a waste of time.

Comment

They also cannot accept teams outside of Nassau and Suffolk since out of region. No NYC teams it’s a waste of time.
                Frankly, it might actually resemble soccer without the NYC teams...

Comment

Frankly, it might actually resemble soccer without the NYC teams...
                  Like the old days where teams got to play in regional compettion because of their ability rather than a logo on a sleeve or political connections.

Comment

My guess, SUSA doesn't have enough fields

Jimmy keeps it real.
                    The tourney will be a raging success.
                    I have zero love for susa. they are a scum organization.

But I will say that James Kelsh is a gentleman and a pleasure to work with when he was with the LI Rough Riders. He is cool as a cat and always accommodating.

Hopefully the susa organization does not corrupt him.

Comment

But I will say that James Kelsh is a gentleman and a pleasure to work with when he was with the LI Rough Riders. He is cool as a cat and always accommodating.

No he’s not he is a lunatic on the sidelines. He yells at the referee and players all game.

Comment

They are scum and he is one of the decent ones. They have done so much wrong in such a short period of time. Anyone in the soccer community will tell you they are not good for your kids.

Comment

They are scum and he is one of the decent ones. They have done so much wrong in such a short period of time. Anyone in the soccer community will tell you they are not good for your kids.

Wrong, this guy is a yeller for the sake of trying to convince others he is in touch and knows a thing a two about this sport. He fits right in with the others at susa

Comment

Nope, they were great for my kid! So many parents/players are out there scrambling and panicking over recruiting delays, my kid is assessing 3 quality offers so far...that's all I care about.

Comment

Nope, they were great for my kid! So many parents/players are out there scrambling and panicking over recruiting delays, my kid is assessing 3 quality offers so far...that's all I care about.
                              Yeah okay. We believe you SUSA employee. You are full of crap just like the people you call colleagues. If you are a parent and this is true wonderful.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X