Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rules for watching games

Being told by club that only one parent can attend the game. Is that just a club rule or a government rule?

Which league?

LIJ put out their game protocols yesterday. They recommended one parent/spectator per player but the maximum is two parents/spectators per player.

Also, parents will be on the same side as their children. There will be a home side where players and spectators will stand/sit and vice versa for the away side.

Comment

Rules for watching games

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Which league?

LIJ put out their game protocols yesterday. They recommended one parent/spectator per player but the maximum is two parents/spectators per player.

Also, parents will be on the same side as their children. There will be a home side where players and spectators will stand/sit and vice versa for the away side.
      LIJSL. Thanks.

Comment

That’s very Similar to what our club is doing in order to appease our school district who controls the permits- a necessary evil unfortunately

Comment

The same sideline thing was really nice, and should be instituted permanently.
          1. The coach could baby sit parents stupid comments.
          2. The parents could learn how good their coach is.
          3. The kids are not getting distractions.
          4. Less parent battles from sidelines.

I love it.

Comment

Rules for watching games

I love it.
            I always get a kick when a coach would come across the field at half-time and tell the parents to stop shouting out instructions.

Comment

I always get a kick when a coach would come across the field at half-time and tell the parents to stop shouting out instructions.
              There's nothing sadder than the look on the face of a kid whose coach has just told the team not to press in the backfield whose parent is screaming "Pressure, pressure" at them.

I'm the idiot parent that just yells "energy!" or similar because I'm pretty sure the coach will never tell them to not be energetic.

Comment

Rules for watching games

How about the parent screaming at the ref about offsides on a throw in?

Comment

How about the parent screaming at the ref about offsides on a throw in?
                  Every single time there is one of those...even if there was an off side called wrong or a missed call GET A LIFE! Thank

Comment

Rules for watching games

I love it.
                    i agree. great rule and should always have been this way!!!!!!!!

Comment

i agree. great rule and should always have been this way!!!!!!!!
                      It will never last. The coaches hate it. They would have preferred banning parents altogether.

Comment

Rules for watching games

It will never last. The coaches hate it. They would have preferred banning parents altogether.
                        my kids coach does not care either way. he just wants to play.

Comment

I love it.
                          100% agree. Best way to watch a game. So much less parental stupidity.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X