• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    whats wrong with that
    talk to the people who know best- coaches
    last years awards list is compiled by the coaches and the refs

who exactly do you want SJ to call to get the info?
    Just a response to a poster who seems to expect more "reporting." It's not WaPo, it's NE Soccer Journal

Comment

Drew Seguro posted 19 goals and 17 assists last fall.

Say all you want about Z, but Drew posting those numbers in the CCC West arguably one of the toughest divisions in the state speaks for itself.

Yes Hall had a lot of FSA players, but you have to give credit where credit is due. West Hartford essentially has 4 high schools. Those 4 are constantly splitting talent. Hall winning LL is a massive accomplishment for the town and the school.

I am not the biggest Z fan, but c'mon. Anybody that knows the game, knows those kind of numbers for any player are significant. That's averaging 1+ point per game.
      What do you mean “West Hartford essentially has 4 high schools”?

Comment

kingswood, Hall, Conard and North West Catholic. Thats 4....

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2842634]it looks like they beat "almost every" opponent pretty easily....so whats your point?

Tue., 10/1
          Glastonbury
          Home - Hall HS-Stadium (Turf Field)
          [Directions]
          L 1-2

Mon., 10/14
          East Hartford
          [Directions]
          T 2-2 (OT)

Fri., 10/18
          Farmington
          Away - Tunxis Mead Park-Tunxis Meade Park
          [Directions]
          T 1-1 (OT)
          5:00 PM

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2843284]
            it looks like they beat "almost every" opponent pretty easily....so whats your point?

Tue., 10/1
            Glastonbury
            [Directions]
            L 1-2

Mon., 10/14
            East Hartford
            [Directions]
            T 2-2 (OT)

Fri., 10/18
            Farmington
            Away - Tunxis Mead Park-Tunxis Meade Park
            [Directions]
            T 1-1 (OT)
            5:00 PM
            Hmmmm difficulty with other LL schools, but swamped the rest of the field (mostly not LL and LLs with little to no soccer reputation). Guess which teams he dumped in all of those goals and assists on???

Comment

there are certainly more LL schools on that list

Comment

So we should be seeing the bid D1 verbal commit from the hall phenom any day right? All those goals and accolades in NESJ?

Comment

well that's right. If the kid was all that he'd have a d1 commitment by now. Actually, he would also have a d3 commitment by now if he was such a star. Plus his dad's in the soccer world (connected). Ergo -- the college coaches silence tells us all we need to know.

Comment

well that's right. If the kid was all that he'd have a d1 commitment by now. Actually, he would also have a d3 commitment by now if he was such a star. Plus his dad's in the soccer world (connected). Ergo -- the college coaches silence tells us all we need to know.
                    Is he a 21? That class got f'd by Covid. Recruiting timeliness out of the window, programs taking smaller classes. No not every
                    "top HS player" will play in college, but someone is coming across as very bitter their kid wasn't named.

Comment

Yeah, no, my son is already committed and listed in NESJ. He does not compete with the kid in question. And I agree the 21's are dealt a bad hand. But most d1 programs have already made offers and filled all their slots. The star players have found places. My point only is that this means the college coaches do not seem to think this kid is a star. There are definitely roster spots still available at some d3 schools.

Comment

Yeah, no, my son is already committed and listed in NESJ. He does not compete with the kid in question. And I agree the 21's are dealt a bad hand. But most d1 programs have already made offers and filled all their slots. The star players have found places. My point only is that this means the college coaches do not seem to think this kid is a star. There are definitely roster spots still available at some d3 schools.
                        You're deranged.

Comment

Sniff sniff... I smell some bs. Your kid is committed to a zoom class and wishing he made the Hartford Courant. Get your shovel Dad, your talk is getting deeeeeeep!

Comment

Sniff sniff... I smell some bs. Your kid is committed to a zoom class and wishing he made the Hartford Courant. Get your shovel Dad, your talk is getting deeeeeeep!
                            No, really ... he is committed. Coach at Crap U in East Bumblescrew offered him $2 grand in athletic money per year because he is so awesome! It doesnt matter that the acceptance rate their is 97.3%, the graduation rate is 18%, and the average starting salary for grads is $almost $22,000!!! We can get financial aid for the other $73k .... junior has made us so proud! He is such an amazing player!

Comment

Recruiting dead periods extended through all of 2020. That means there was no viewing or actual contact for more than 10 months. No D1 offers have been actually made or accepted. National signing days are cancelled. People should not listen to the bs on this site with regard to boys soccer and college scholarships.

Comment

Really? Why are so many commitments listed on Top Drawer Soccer and in NESJ? Are you saying hundreds of kids/families/coaches are under some mass public delusion? Of course there are both d1 and d3 verbal commitments.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X