Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYCSL has been telling our coaches that they have been switched from EDP to NYCSL????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYCSL has been telling our coaches that they have been switched from EDP to NYCSL????

*** is going on with that?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    *** is going on with that?
    What age group?

Comment

What age group?
      Boys U15. I've made a couple of phone calls and sent a few emails trying to figure this out.

Apparently NYCSL and EDP are working together to try making more competitive divisions and to have less travel for the teams not in the top two EDP National Conference Premier brackets. But they did this without informing the clubs and instead are contacting coaches directly to make these moves which creates a number of issues for the club.

Comment

NYCSL has been telling our coaches that they have been switched from EDP to NYCSL???

Boys U15. I've made a couple of phone calls and sent a few emails trying to figure this out.

Apparently NYCSL and EDP are working together to try making more competitive divisions and to have less travel for the teams not in the top two EDP National Conference Premier brackets. But they did this without informing the clubs and instead are contacting coaches directly to make these moves which creates a number of issues for the club.
        less travel and more competitive divisions is a ++++ in my book!!!!!!!!

Most people enjoy the travel just so they can brag at the office water cooler that they drive 3+ hours to a soccer game because their kid is the next supposed leo messi.

Comment

It's interesting to me how many teams have been placed in both EDP and NYCSL divisions.

Do kids really need to play two games every weekend at the same time many of them (at least in Westchester) will also be playing school ball?

Especially odd to see National Division teams that are also playing in NYCSL divisions that appear to be below their level of play.

Goes against the "competitive balance" argument and seems to suggest a "collect as many registration fees as possible" argument.

Comment

less travel and more competitive divisions is a ++++ in my book!!!!!!!!

Most people enjoy the travel just so they can brag at the office water cooler that they drive 3+ hours to a soccer game because their kid is the next supposed leo messi.
            It's the humblest of humble brags as it's both "my kid is awesome at sports" and "boy, am I a great father or what?"

--------------------------

"How was your weekend, Bob?"

"Oh, it was terrible. Spent the 3 hours on Saturday driving to and from an 80-minute soccer game. It was awful."

"3 hours away? That's nuts."

"Well, I have to do what I can for Timmy -- the teams around here just don't offer enough competition."

Comment

This is a scam. A lot of teams are going to be unknowingly signed up for both EDP and NYCSL, or just NYCSL, when they had no intention of playing anything other than EDP.

Comment

It's the humblest of humble brags as it's both "my kid is awesome at sports" and "boy, am I a great father or what?"

--------------------------

"How was your weekend, Bob?"

"Oh, it was terrible. Spent the 3 hours on Saturday driving to and from an 80-minute soccer game. It was awful."

"3 hours away? That's nuts."

"Well, I have to do what I can for Timmy -- the teams around here just don't offer enough competition."
                Some teams like to travel not for greater competition, but for different competition. After you play the same 4 or 5 teams multiple seasons and multiple tournaments in a row, having a change of routine is welcome.

Comment

NYCSL has been telling our coaches that they have been switched from EDP to NYCSL???

Some teams like to travel not for greater competition, but for different competition. After you play the same 4 or 5 teams multiple seasons and multiple tournaments in a row, having a change of routine is welcome.
                  hahaha My kids team is also EDP. We had amityville, hbc and northport in our division!!!

Most LI teams in EDP barely beat the team next town over!!!

this whole thing is a big crock of sh-t!!!!!

Comment

Yes we had the same. Finding ourselves in NYCSL alignments now

Comment

Yes we had the same. Finding ourselves in NYCSL alignments now
                      That is Gary scamming you. He is calling coaches directly and pretending that he is partnered with EDP and just trying to place your team in the right division.

Comment

That is Gary scamming you. He is calling coaches directly and pretending that he is partnered with EDP and just trying to place your team in the right division.
                        The older team alignments are no longer there. Anyone else having this issue ?

Comment

The older team alignments are no longer there. Anyone else having this issue ?
                          Yes, The took down last night. Were are being told that EDP brackets don't offer enough games so since Public schools in the tri-state area have opted out of fall sports the next best thing is playing NYCSL.

Comment

Yes, The took down last night. Were are being told that EDP brackets don't offer enough games so since Public schools in the tri-state area have opted out of fall sports the next best thing is playing NYCSL.

On NYCSL the 2008's a showing the EDP brackets for North Atlantic Divisions which are EDP

Comment

On NYCSL the 2008's a showing the EDP brackets for North Atlantic Divisions which are EDP
                              It's a scam. Gary is basically putting all the EDP teams in his brackets, then calling the coaches and talking to them about "division placement" and signing them up so that they end up being in both EDP and NYCSL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X